Community Discussions and Support
Anyone have ClamAV 0.100.0 working?

You can tell I'm resistant to installing VC.  Even more so after seeing some of the office machines with 6 versions installed.  This machine only has Mercury and Firefox installed.  It's sole purpose is to run Mercury and provide online banking access.  It's a lean, clean, rock solid machine.

You can tell I'm resistant to installing VC.  Even more so after seeing some of the office machines with 6 versions installed.  This machine only has Mercury and Firefox installed.  It's sole purpose is to run Mercury and provide online banking access.  It's a lean, clean, rock solid machine.

If anyone has ClamAV 0.100.0 working please let me know how you went about upgrading from 0.99.4.

Also, can anyone tell me whether a 64bit Visual C++ 2015 installed with a 32bit ClamAV will cause a problem (running on a Win7-64 machine)?  I ran out of time for extensive troubleshooting so had to revert but I think I saw this installation combination which struck me as odd.

TIA!

Edit:  Got it working but ended up going about it in a roundabout way so remain curious what others are doing for their upgrade procedure.

<p>If anyone has ClamAV 0.100.0 working please let me know how you went about upgrading from 0.99.4.</p><p>Also, can anyone tell me whether a 64bit Visual C++ 2015 installed with a 32bit ClamAV will cause a problem (running on a Win7-64 machine)?  I ran out of time for extensive troubleshooting so had to revert but I think I saw this installation combination which struck me as odd. </p><p>TIA! </p><p>Edit:  Got it working but ended up going about it in a roundabout way so remain curious what others are doing for their upgrade procedure. </p>

Hello Brian,

You can also install the new version manually:

msiexec /a  ClamAV-0.100.0-x86.msi /qn TARGETDIR="D:\<Mercury>\ClamWin\"

I will test the v1.00 in the next few days, but I am surprised that the OpenSLL version used (from 2016?) is very very old.

PS: v0.99 was for VC10 runtimes, now it's compiled with VC14

&lt;p&gt;Hello Brian,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Y&lt;span id=&quot;result_box&quot; class=&quot;&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;&quot;&gt;ou can also install the new version manually:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;msiexec /a&amp;nbsp; ClamAV-0.100.0-x86.msi /qn TARGETDIR=&quot;D:\&amp;lt;Mercury&amp;gt;\ClamWin\&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span id=&quot;result_box&quot; class=&quot;&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;&quot;&gt;I will test the v1.00 in the next few days, but I am surprised that the OpenSLL version used (from 2016?) is very very old.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;PS: v0.99 was for VC10 runtimes, now it&#039;s compiled with VC14 &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

Extracting the .msi is what I do.  In previous version of ClamAV the C++ runtime library files were packaged in the .msi.  Not so in 0.100.0. 

The download .zip contains a setup.exe file as well as the .msi.  It checks for Visual C++ and installs it if needed.

I avoided installing Visual C++ by extracting the .msi then running Clamd.  It would fail looking for a .dll which I would locate on one of the office PC's.  Copy that one then run again to identify the other one.  It started working once I had both .dll files in place.

&lt;p&gt;Extracting the .msi is what I do.&amp;nbsp; In previous version of ClamAV the C++ runtime library files were packaged in the .msi.&amp;nbsp; Not so in 0.100.0.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The download .zip contains a setup.exe file as well as the .msi.&amp;nbsp; It checks for Visual C++ and installs it if needed.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I avoided installing Visual C++ by extracting the .msi then running Clamd.&amp;nbsp; It would fail looking for a .dll which I would locate on one of the office PC&#039;s.&amp;nbsp; Copy that one then run again to identify the other one.&amp;nbsp; It started working once I had both .dll files in place. &lt;/p&gt;

Hello Brian,

You should install the complete VC14 runtime:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

&lt;p&gt;Hello Brian, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span id=&quot;result_box&quot; class=&quot;&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;&quot;&gt;You should install the complete VC14 runtime:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840 &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft