Community Discussions and Support
Error message STARTTLS not enabled by administrator

Which version  of Merucry? If not V4.8 you should update to have OpenSSL.

[quote]Now I get the message

2018-04-29 08:55:05 Connection failed. Error #2:

stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL

Error messages:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert

handshake failure

[D:\testl\PHPMailer\src\SMTP.php line

404]

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.[/quote]

If this is with Mercury 4.8, You should check the settings of Module SmtpS. Usualy StartTLS is port 537 while SSL is port 465. Perhaps because of error on deprecated SSL V3 you have to enable "Support for deprecated  direct-connect SSL".And you have to insert or create an certificate file

bye   Olaf
<p>Which version  of Merucry? If not V4.8 you should update to have OpenSSL. </p><p>[quote]Now I get the message</p><p><i>2018-04-29 08:55:05 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure [D:\testl\PHPMailer\src\SMTP.php line <b>404</b>] SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.[/quote]</i></p><p> If this is with Mercury 4.8, You should check the settings of Module SmtpS. Usualy StartTLS is port 537 while SSL is port 465. Perhaps because of error on deprecated SSL V3 you have to enable "Support for deprecated  direct-connect SSL".And you have to insert or create an certificate file </p>bye   Olaf

Hallo,

when I try to send a mail, I get the message

SMTP INBOUND: "502 STARTTLS not enabled by administrator."
Where/how can I enable STARTTLS?

<p>Hallo, </p><p>when I try to send a mail, I get the message <i>SMTP INBOUND: "502 STARTTLS not enabled by administrator."</i> Where/how can I enable STARTTLS?</p><p> </p>

To enable SSL support for SMTP in Mercury go to Configuration / MercuryS SMTP Server / SSL.

<p>To enable SSL support for SMTP in Mercury go to Configuration / MercuryS SMTP Server / SSL.</p><p> </p>

Thanks,

I've had a lttle progress.

Now I get the message

2018-04-29 08:55:05 Connection failed. Error #2:

stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL

Error messages:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert

handshake failure

[D:\testl\PHPMailer\src\SMTP.php line

404]

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

SMTP.php looks like this:

399        // Begin encrypted connection
400        set_error_handler([$this, 'errorHandler']);
401        $crypto_ok = stream_socket_enable_crypto(
402            $this->smtp_conn,
403            true,
404            $crypto_method
405        );
406        restore_error_handler();

<p>Thanks, </p><p>I've had a lttle progress.</p><p>Now I get the message</p><p><i>2018-04-29 08:55:05 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure [D:\testl\PHPMailer\src\SMTP.php line <b>404</b>] SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.</i></p><p>SMTP.php looks like this:</p><p>399        // Begin encrypted connection 400        set_error_handler([$this, 'errorHandler']); 401        $crypto_ok = stream_socket_enable_crypto( 402            $this->smtp_conn, 403            true, <b>404</b>            $crypto_method 405        ); 406        restore_error_handler();  </p><p> </p>

We probably can't help much with the php client side, but if you check the MercuryS log file there could be some helpful information there.

<p>We probably can't help much with the php client side, but if you check the MercuryS log file there could be some helpful information there.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft