Community Discussions and Support
Sending messages to multiple e-mails from a folder

Hello!

As far as I know, there is no automatic way to have all addresses you can find in a folder added to the "To:"-line of a new message you want to send. However, you are able to collect the addresses of all messages of a folder - the filters mentioned above can help you do so.

Just for the record, I want to describe another way, which is rather surprising (at least, I was really surprised when reading about it because it is hidden in the depths of Windows). Here is a step-by-step description:

(1) Open the folder that contains the messages of which you want collect all addresses.

(2) Highlight all messages of that folder. For example, you could do so by highlighting one of the messages in the message list and then pressing [CTRL]+[A].

(3) Now open Notepad, the small editor that is shipped with Windows. It should be blank after being opened.

(4) Place the Notepad window near the Pegasus Mail main window. In order to do so, neither Pegasus Mail nor Notepad may be in fullscreen mode, but both must not be maximised - the windows (Notepad and the Pegasus Mail main window) should be placed adjacent to each other.

(5) Drag'n'drop the messages you have highlighted in step (2) to the Notepad window. (Since both windows are placed next to each other, you can simply drag the messages from the message list to the blank Notepad without further ado.)

(6) A confirmation window opens. Select "Sender's reply address only" (that is the main point of the whole operation) - also choose "None" for the message headers - do not choose to quote the included text.
(These instructions may sound complicated right now - but as soon as you see the confirmation window, the settings I have described are obvious.)

(7) The Notepad window now lists several addresses. They have been extracted from the messages you have selected in step (2).
These addresses are either the "Reply-to:"-addresses or the "From:"-addresses - the "Reply-to:"-address will be extracted if the respective message does have a "Reply-to:"-address defined, the "From:"-address will be extracted if the respective message does not have a "Reply-to:"-address defined.

(8) Now you have a list of the "Reply-to:"- or "From:"-addresses of all messages of a folder; this list is displayed in the Notepad window. Do not close Notepad yet. Create a distribution list in Pegasus Mail.

(9) Select all addresses in Notepad. Again, [CTRL]+[A] is the shortcut. Copy the addresses to the clipboard. [CTRL]+[C] does it.

(10) Open the distribution list you have created in step (8) and copy the addresses into it. [CTRL]+[V] is the shortcut.
Do not forget to save the new distribution list. You may also want to check whether some entries are double.

Now, you can send a message and choose that distribution list for the "To:"-line of your message.

-- -- --

The filters described in the other postings have some advantages: when set up properly, they can prevent any double entries to be added; and they can be re-used for several folders.
The idea I have suggested here is a kind of a "quick'n'dirty"-method that you can use if you do not want to set up a filter.

<p> </p> <p> Hello!</p> <p> </p> <p>As far as I know, there is no automatic way to have all addresses you can find in a folder added to the "To:"-line of a new message you want to send. However, you are able to collect the addresses of all messages of a folder - the filters mentioned above can help you do so.</p><p> </p> <p>Just for the record, I want to describe another way, which is rather surprising (at least, I was really surprised when reading about it because it is hidden in the depths of Windows). Here is a step-by-step description:</p> <p>(1) Open the folder that contains the messages of which you want collect all addresses.</p> <p>(2) Highlight all messages of that folder. For example, you could do so by highlighting one of the messages in the message list and then pressing [CTRL]+[A].</p> <p>(3) Now open Notepad, the small editor that is shipped with Windows. It should be blank after being opened. </p> <p>(4) Place the Notepad window near the Pegasus Mail main window. In order to do so, neither Pegasus Mail nor Notepad may be in fullscreen mode, but both must not be maximised - the windows (Notepad and the Pegasus Mail main window) should be placed adjacent to each other.</p>(5) Drag'n'drop the messages you have highlighted in step (2) to the Notepad window. (Since both windows are placed next to each other, you can simply drag the messages from the message list to the blank Notepad without further ado.) <p>(6) A confirmation window opens. Select "Sender's reply address only" (that is the main point of the whole operation) - also choose "None" for the message headers - do not choose to quote the included text. (These instructions may sound complicated right now - but as soon as you see the confirmation window, the settings I have described are obvious.)</p> <p>(7) The Notepad window now lists several addresses. They have been extracted from the messages you have selected in step (2). These addresses are either the "Reply-to:"-addresses or the "From:"-addresses - the "Reply-to:"-address will be extracted if the respective message does have a "Reply-to:"-address defined, the "From:"-address will be extracted if the respective message does not have a "Reply-to:"-address defined.</p><p>(8) Now you have a list of the "Reply-to:"- or "From:"-addresses of all messages of a folder; this list is displayed in the Notepad window. Do not close Notepad yet. Create a distribution list in Pegasus Mail.</p><p>(9) Select all addresses in Notepad. Again, [CTRL]+[A] is the shortcut. Copy the addresses to the clipboard. [CTRL]+[C] does it. </p><p style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: normal;">(10) Open the distribution list you have created in step (8) and copy the addresses into it. [CTRL]+[V] is the shortcut.</span><br style="font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Do not forget to save the new distribution list. You may also want to check whether some entries are double.</span> </p><p>  Now, you can send a message and choose that distribution list for the "To:"-line of your message. </p><p>-- -- -- </p><p>  The filters described in the other postings have some advantages: when set up properly, they can prevent any double entries to be added; and they can be re-used for several folders. The idea I have suggested here is a kind of a "quick'n'dirty"-method that you can use if you do not want to set up a filter. </p><p> </p>

Is it possible to send one message using all the e-mail addresses in one folder?

<P>Is it possible to send one message using all the e-mail addresses in one folder?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I can't think of a standard way of doing this... Mind you, people are very ingenious - I'm always amazed at the things people find ways of doing in Pegasus Mail that I never considered or planned for, so it might be possible.

Sorry I can't be more help with this - perhaps someone else can come up with a bright suggestion.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>I can't think of a standard way of doing this... Mind you, people are very ingenious - I'm always amazed at the things people find ways of doing in Pegasus Mail that I never considered or planned for, so it might be possible. Sorry I can't be more help with this - perhaps someone else can come up with a bright suggestion. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

If you are able to set up a filter for this list, you may 1. filter the incoming messages to this folder with the filter and 2. add the sender to a mailing list with a filter. This is a possible way to build up mailing lists in relation to folders. For existing folders I do not know whether it is possible to rerun a filter on this folder to add the different senders to a mailing list.

Kind regards

Torsten

<p>If you are able to set up a filter for this list, you may 1. filter the incoming messages to this folder with the filter and 2. add the sender to a mailing list with a filter. This is a possible way to build up mailing lists in relation to folders. For existing folders I do not know whether it is possible to rerun a filter on this folder to add the different senders to a mailing list.</p><p>Kind regards</p><p>Torsten</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

What do you mean with "all the e-mailaddresses" ? For the sender's there is an option:

•  Tools, Mailfiltering rules, Create/edit general rule set...
  • New, (choose a name for your filterset, For example: MakeFolderDList)
  • Open you're new Filterset
  • Add a rule; Scan List;
  • Click select, Click New, Give a name (MyNewList), Click OK and select this new list
  • Choose Action: Add to list... and select the same list
  • Check Trigger if the sender is NOT a member
  • OK, save and close the filter rule editor
  • select the folder with the addresses,
  • Tools, Mail filtering rules, Apply a general rule set to folder, Choose MakeFolderDList
  • Start a message, and send it to you're new distribution list

Succes,

Vince 

<p>What do you mean with "all the e-mailaddresses" ? For the sender's there is an option:</p><ul><li> Tools, Mailfiltering rules, Create/edit general rule set...</li><li>New, (choose a name for your filterset, For example: MakeFolderDList)</li><li>Open you're new Filterset</li><li>Add a rule; Scan List; </li><li>Click select, Click New, Give a name (MyNewList), Click OK and select this new list</li><li>Choose Action: Add to list... and select the same list</li><li>Check Trigger if the sender is NOT a member</li><li>OK, save and close the filter rule editor</li><li>select the folder with the addresses, </li><li>Tools, Mail filtering rules, Apply a general rule set to folder, Choose MakeFolderDList</li><li>Start a message, and send it to you're new distribution list</li></ul><p>Succes,</p><p> </p><p>Vince </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft