Community Discussions and Support
Mercury - Xampp Cannot send outgoing email.

There could be ever so many problems here, the setup instructions you linked to is far from a standard setup.

Note that the sender address"postmaster@localhost" is not really usable outside a private network.

If you plan to use SSL encrypted transfer make sure you run the current version of Mercury. 

<p>There could be ever so many problems here, the setup instructions you linked to is far from a standard setup.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Note that the sender address"postmaster@localhost" is not really usable outside a private network.</span></p><p>If you plan to use SSL encrypted transfer make sure you run the current version of Mercury. </p>

Hi I tried to configure Mercury - Xampp Mail Server according to this page:

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Mercury_Mail_Configuration_in_Windows

Every time I tried to send email from Mercury I get 

Sun 13, 11:27:57: Job MG000001: from postmaster@localhost (local)

Created outgoing job with ID MO000002

To: xxxxx.xxxxx@yandex.com (non-local) -OK

Sun 13, 11:28:19: Job MO000002: Processing failed deliveries and generating notifications

postmaster@localhost - Notification discarded - potential loop.

Could any help me to solve this problem? 

<p>Hi I tried to configure Mercury - Xampp Mail Server according to this page:</p><p>https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Mercury_Mail_Configuration_in_Windows</p><p> </p><p>Every time I tried to send email from Mercury I get </p><p> Sun 13, 11:27:57: Job MG000001: from postmaster@localhost (local)</p><p>   Created outgoing job with ID MO000002</p><p>   To: xxxxx.xxxxx@yandex.com (non-local) -OK</p><p> Sun 13, 11:28:19: Job MO000002: Processing failed deliveries and generating notifications</p><p>   postmaster@localhost - Notification discarded - potential loop.</p><p>Could any help me to solve this problem? </p><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></div><p> </p><p> </p><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></div>

[quote user="konstantinos_dimos@hotmail.com"]

Hi I tried to configure Mercury - Xampp Mail Server according to this page:

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Mercury_Mail_Configuration_in_Windows

Every time I tried to send email from Mercury I get 

Sun 13, 11:27:57: Job MG000001: from postmaster@localhost (local)

Created outgoing job with ID MO000002

To: xxxxx.xxxxx@yandex.com (non-local) -OK

Sun 13, 11:28:19: Job MO000002: Processing failed deliveries and generating notifications

postmaster@localhost - Notification discarded - potential loop.

Could any help me to solve this problem? 

[/quote]

I'm not familiar with xampp default settings - do you have a postmaster mailbox or alias defined?

[quote user="konstantinos_dimos@hotmail.com"]<p>Hi I tried to configure Mercury - Xampp Mail Server according to this page:</p><p>https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Mercury_Mail_Configuration_in_Windows</p><p> </p><p>Every time I tried to send email from Mercury I get </p><p> Sun 13, 11:27:57: Job MG000001: from postmaster@localhost (local)</p><p>   Created outgoing job with ID MO000002</p><p>   To: xxxxx.xxxxx@yandex.com (non-local) -OK</p><p> Sun 13, 11:28:19: Job MO000002: Processing failed deliveries and generating notifications</p><p>   postmaster@localhost - Notification discarded - potential loop.</p><p>Could any help me to solve this problem? </p><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">[/quote]</span></span></div><div> </div><div>I'm not familiar with xampp default settings - do you have a postmaster mailbox or alias defined?</div><div> </div>

I have a postmaster user account set up and the above configuration works fine before I format my pc.If you could help me.

I have a postmaster user account set up and the above configuration works fine before I format my pc.If you could help me.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft