Community Discussions and Support
How do I get spamhalter to classify old emails in inbox.

[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"]

Hello!

I am not sure whether you can really do what you have in mind.

Given that I have understood your posting, you want to do the following: you moved some of your incoming e-mial messages to folder XYZ, and after moving them, you want Spamhalter to sort out the spam messages of that folder. To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible: Spamhalter checks the incoming messages in your New Mail folder, but it is not designed to check any messages placed in any other folders.

[/quote]

Almost right, I haven't moved any

messages I just want to run spamhalter over my "current" inbox, old

messages and all, instead of JUST new messages. I've had this account

for 8odd years and it's just grown to be huge, I figured 80% of it is

spam, but it's beyond the sit down and sort out stage, I have had

spamhalter running for a couple of months now and it works a treat on

"new" messages, I'm just asking if there is a way to have it process

the OLD messages. (I have it marking the email headers with SPAM, etc).

So then I can just run a mail rule that matches the spam header and

move all those messages to a spam folder, would save me a lot of time

in cleaning up all my old messages.

[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"]<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>I am not sure whether you can really do what you have in mind.</p><p>Given that I have understood your posting, you want to do the following: you moved some of your incoming e-mial messages to folder XYZ, and after moving them, you want Spamhalter to sort out the spam messages of that folder. To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible: Spamhalter checks the incoming messages in your <i>New Mail folder</i>, but it is not designed to check any messages placed in any other folders. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Almost right, I haven't moved any messages I just want to run spamhalter over my "current" inbox, old messages and all, instead of JUST new messages. I've had this account for 8odd years and it's just grown to be huge, I figured 80% of it is spam, but it's beyond the sit down and sort out stage, I have had spamhalter running for a couple of months now and it works a treat on "new" messages, I'm just asking if there is a way to have it process the OLD messages. (I have it marking the email headers with SPAM, etc). So then I can just run a mail rule that matches the spam header and move all those messages to a spam folder, would save me a lot of time in cleaning up all my old messages.</p><p> </p>

Like the Subject says, after training spamhalter, how do I rerun it on my inbox and other folders?

Like the Subject says, after training spamhalter, how do I rerun it on my inbox and other folders?

Right-click in the message list, choose "Select all". Right-click again and choose "Spamhalter classification --- Train message(s) as....."

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Arthur

<p>Right-click in the message list, choose "Select all". Right-click again and choose "Spamhalter classification --- Train message(s) as....."</p><p> </p><p>I hope this helps.</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p> </p><p>Arthur  </p>

[quote user="Arthur van Haarlem"]

Right-click in the message list, choose "Select all". Right-click again and choose "Spamhalter classification --- Train message(s) as....."

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Arthur [/quote]

Sorry I guess my question was a bit missleading, I have ALREADY trained spamhalter, and now wish to have it run over all my OLD emails, so it can sort the spam from the good. It runs fine on NEW messages, but how do I get it to process my OLD emails to sort the spam from the good.

Cheerr
Ad

[quote user="Arthur van Haarlem"]<p>Right-click in the message list, choose "Select all". Right-click again and choose "Spamhalter classification --- Train message(s) as....."</p><p> I hope this helps.</p><p> Regards,</p><p> Arthur [/quote] Sorry I guess my question was a bit missleading, I have ALREADY trained spamhalter, and now wish to have it run over all my OLD emails, so it can sort the spam from the good. It runs fine on NEW messages, but how do I get it to process my OLD emails to sort the spam from the good. Cheerr Ad  </p>

Hello!

I am not sure whether you can really do what you have in mind.

Given that I have understood your posting, you want to do the following: you moved some of your incoming e-mial messages to folder XYZ, and after moving them, you want Spamhalter to sort out the spam messages of that folder. To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible: Spamhalter checks the incoming messages in your New Mail folder, but it is not designed to check any messages placed in any other folders.

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>I am not sure whether you can really do what you have in mind.</p><p>Given that I have understood your posting, you want to do the following: you moved some of your incoming e-mial messages to folder XYZ, and after moving them, you want Spamhalter to sort out the spam messages of that folder. To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible: Spamhalter checks the incoming messages in your <i>New Mail folder</i>, but it is not designed to check any messages placed in any other folders. </p><p> </p>

Try marking your old messages as "unread" an move the to the New Mail folder.

Shouldn't that trigger Spamhalter to do it's trick?

Regards,

Arthur

<p>Try marking your old messages as "unread" an move the to the New Mail folder.</p><p>Shouldn't that trigger Spamhalter to do it's trick?</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p> </p><p>Arthur</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft