Community Discussions and Support
Sending mail to non-local adress

Mercury's help document has extensive help regarding setting up rules. I explained in an earlier post, and Rolf has also given you an idea of what to do (move).

The help doc is a pdf in Mercury's installation folder 'man-473.pdf'.

<p>Mercury's help document has extensive help regarding setting up rules. I explained in an earlier post, and Rolf has also given you an idea of what to do (move).</p><p>The help doc is a pdf in Mercury's installation folder 'man-473.pdf'.</p>

Hello,

I'm using a mercury system  whit a local domain name (for example testdomain.com)

I make local users for example test1@testdomain.com and test2@testdomain.com

When I send mail by using Pegasus to this local users everything works well. When I send mail to an non-local email-adres (for example test3@test2domain.com) it also works well.

The mails for the local users Mercury not sent outsite but keeps on the local server.

Now I want sent a email to test3@testdomain.com which is an email-adres outsite the server.

How can I configure Mercury so the mail sends non-local. Now I still gets the message that de local user "test3" does not exists

<p>Hello,</p><p>I'm using a mercury system  whit a local domain name (for example testdomain.com)</p><p>I make local users for example <a href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com" mce_href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com">test1@testdomain.com</a> and <a href="mailto:test2@testdomain.com" mce_href="mailto:test2@testdomain.com">test2@testdomain.com</a> </p><p>When I send mail by using Pegasus to this local users everything works well. When I send mail to an non-local email-adres (for example <a href="mailto:test3@test2domain.com" mce_href="mailto:test3@test2domain.com">test3@test2domain.com</a>) it also works well.</p><p>The mails for the local users Mercury not sent outsite but keeps on the local server.</p><p>Now I want sent a email to <a href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com" mce_href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com">test3@testdomain.com</a> which is an email-adres outsite the server.</p><p>How can I configure Mercury so the mail sends non-local. Now I still gets the message that de local user "test3" does not exists</p><p>  </p>

If Mercury/32 manages the mail for testdomain.com it will look at the list of local users for any mail account name address that ends in testdomain.com.

Where were you expecting the mail message to be delivered to?

<p>If Mercury/32 manages the mail for testdomain.com it will look at the list of local users for any mail account name address that ends in testdomain.com.</p><p>Where were you expecting the mail message to be delivered to? </p>

I get some mail adresses which ended at @testdomain.com with mercury on a server at the office using. Some other people with a mail-adres at @testdomain.com are usely not at the office and they want to use there mail-adres with webmail.

So i want to sent a mail to a person @testdomain.com which is not a local user.

Greetings 

<p>I get some mail adresses which ended at @testdomain.com with mercury on a server at the office using. Some other people with a mail-adres at @testdomain.com are usely not at the office and they want to use there mail-adres with webmail. </p><p>So i want to sent a mail to a person @testdomain.com which is not a local user.</p><p>Greetings </p>

If testdomain.com is a public domain handled by another server it shouldn't be listed as a local domain in Mercury. If you still want some specific testdomain.com addresses to be delivered to a local user you can create rules in Mercury to redirect those messages.

<p>If testdomain.com is a public domain handled by another server it shouldn't be listed as a local domain in Mercury. If you still want some specific <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">testdomain.com </span>addresses to be delivered to a local user you can create rules in Mercury to redirect those messages.</p><p> </p>

Thank you Rolf for your answer. Can you tell me in a short answer what kind of a rule i have to make en where i have to do that.

<p>Thank you Rolf for your answer. Can you tell me in a short answer what kind of a rule i have to make en where i have to do that.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="easyPOS"]

Thank you Rolf for your answer. Can you tell me in a short answer what kind of a rule i have to make en where i have to do that.[/quote]

Configuration > Filtering Rules > Edit global rules... > Headers and then choose the criteria you want the rule to work on. For example, if you want mail received for test3@testdomain.com to be forwarded to test3@newdomain.com you would use the To attribute, specify test3@tesdomain.com in 'Contains this text', choose your action - Copy, forward etc., click the Set button and type test3@newdomain.com in the Set field and click OK.

[quote user="easyPOS"]<p>Thank you Rolf for your answer. Can you tell me in a short answer what kind of a rule i have to make en where i have to do that.<span style="font-size: 10pt;">[/quote]</span></p><p>Configuration > Filtering Rules > Edit global rules... > Headers and then choose the criteria you want the rule to work on. For example, if you want mail received for test3@testdomain.com to be forwarded to test3@newdomain.com you would use the To attribute, specify <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">test3@tesdomain.com in 'Contains this text', choose your action - Copy, forward etc., click the Set button and type </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">test3@newdomain.com in the Set field and click OK.</span></p>

Hello,

I think there is a misunderstanding. 

I have 2 local users, test1@testdomain.com and test2@testdomain.com

Both users are local users in Mercury

There is also a 3e user test3@testdomain.com which is a non-local user.

Now i want to sent an email from test1@testdomain.com to test3@testdomain.com using Pegasus and Mercury but mercury does not send the email, because  it comes with the message that the local user test3@testdomain.com does not exist.

How can i make a rule or a config, so i can sent an email at the same domain to a non-local user ?

<p>Hello,</p><p>I think there is a misunderstanding. </p><p>I have 2 local users, <a href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com">test1@testdomain.com</a> and <a href="mailto:test2@testdomain.com">test2@testdomain.com</a> </p><p>Both users are local users in Mercury</p><p>There is also a 3e user <a href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com">test3@testdomain.com</a> which is a non-local user.</p><p>Now i want to sent an email from <a href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com">test1@testdomain.com</a> to <a href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com">test3@testdomain.com</a> using Pegasus and Mercury but mercury does not send the email, because  it comes with the message that the local user <a href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com">test3@testdomain.com</a> does not exist. </p><p>How can i make a rule or a config, so i can sent an email at the same domain to a non-local user ?</p><p> </p>

1. Remove testdomain.com from the list of local domains in Core configuration.

2. Add rules for the two users that you want to handle in Mercury. 

<p>1. Remove testdomain.com from the list of local domains in Core configuration.</p><p>2. Add rules for the two users that you want to handle in Mercury. </p>

Hello Rolf,

Can you tell me how which rule i have to make. What setting do i use ? 

<p>Hello Rolf,</p><p>Can you tell me how which rule i have to make. What setting do i use ? </p>

Perhaps I'm missing something really basic here, but I really don't understand this. How is the email for your domain 'testdomain.com' set up? And, what is in place that you need to forward mail for a user to the same domain, to a different server? I'd just like to understand your set up.

Perhaps I'm missing something really basic here, but I really don't understand this. How is the email for your domain 'testdomain.com' set up? And, what is in place that you need to forward mail for a user to the same domain, to a different server? I'd just like to understand your set up.

I use the next configuration:

- At my provider i have my domain "testdomain.com" with 3 email-adresses, test1@testdomain.com, test2@testdomain.com and test3@testdomain.com

- At the office i use Mercury to get the email test1@testdomain.com and test2@testdomain.com using pop

- The user test3@testdomain.com has its own webmail or client to manage his email.

- Now i want to send an email from test1 to test3 using mercury.

<p>I use the next configuration:</p><p>- At my provider i have my domain "testdomain.com" with 3 email-adresses, <a href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com">test1@testdomain.com</a>, <a href="mailto:test2@testdomain.com">test2@testdomain.com</a> and test3@testdomain.com</p><p>- At the office i use Mercury to get the email <a href="mailto:test1@testdomain.com">test1@testdomain.com</a> and <a href="mailto:test2@testdomain.com">test2@testdomain.com</a> using pop</p><p>- The user <a href="mailto:test3@testdomain.com">test3@testdomain.com</a> has its own webmail or client to manage his email.</p><p>- Now i want to send an email from test1 to test3 using mercury.</p><p>  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Oke, Now still waiting for anyone who has a soluting for my problem.

<p>Oke, Now still waiting for anyone who has a soluting for my problem.</p><p> </p>

Well, even simpler. Just remove testdomain.com from the list of local domains in Core configuration. 

Well, even simpler. Just r<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12.096px;">emove testdomain.com from the list of local domains in Core configuration. </span>

Hello,

That is a solution, but all the local mail (for example from test1 to test2) then first goes to my provider and then comes back. Is there another option ?

Greetings 

<p>Hello,</p><p>That is a solution, but all the local mail (for example from test1 to test2) then first goes to my provider and then comes back. Is there another option ?</p><p>Greetings </p>

You could POP3 all the mail accounts, and ask test3 to use IMAP to connect to your server instead of the provider's server.

You could POP3 all the mail accounts, and ask test3 to use IMAP to connect to your server instead of the provider's server.

[quote user="easyPOS"]

That is a solution, but all the local mail (for example from test1 to test2) then first goes to my provider and then comes back. Is there another option ?

[/quote]

You can create rules to have mail for those addresses moved to the local accounts instead of delivered to the external server.

[quote user="easyPOS"]<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">That is a solution, but all the local mail (for example from test1 to test2) then first goes to my provider and then comes back. Is there another option ?</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">[/quote]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">You can create rules to have mail for those addresses moved to the local accounts instead of delivered to the external server.</span></p>

Thanks Rolf for your answer. Can you explane me how to make such a rule ?

Greetings 

<p>Thanks Rolf for your answer. Can you explane me how to make such a rule ?</p><p>Greetings </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft