Community Discussions and Support
Superuser?

Thanks - most of our mail accounts are restricted to on-premise use, which means they do not require a password. Those that use IMAP anyway have their passwords listed under the SMTP module configuration page, and their IMAP+SMTP use the same credentials. I will simply assign new passwords to those accounts not using presently using passwords.

Thanks - most of our mail accounts are restricted to on-premise use, which means they do not require a password. Those that use IMAP anyway have their passwords listed under the SMTP module configuration page, and their IMAP+SMTP use the same credentials. I will simply assign new passwords to those accounts not using presently using passwords.

I'm a little sad to say our charity is moving over to Office 365, which means that all staff will be moving over to Outlook. We have been using Pegasus Mail since the mid 90's and Mercury for at least 10 years.

This is still in the planning stage, and one of the things I need to do is use IMAP to migrate email accounts from Mercury/32 to Exchange. While we don't have a lot of accounts it would be relatively easy if there was a superuser account - I can't recall ever seeing mention of this, so assume there is not. 

<p>I'm a little sad to say our charity is moving over to Office 365, which means that all staff will be moving over to Outlook. We have been using Pegasus Mail since the mid 90's and Mercury for at least 10 years.</p><p>This is still in the planning stage, and one of the things I need to do is use IMAP to migrate email accounts from Mercury/32 to Exchange. While we don't have a lot of accounts it would be relatively easy if there was a superuser account - I can't recall ever seeing mention of this, so assume there is not. </p><p> </p>

I do not know, how Pegasus exports mail and settings. I would try to import the Pegasus- and add the Outlook-accounts in Thunderbird. Then you should be able to move all folders with content in the new location.

I do not know, how Pegasus exports mail and settings. I would try to import the Pegasus- and add the Outlook-accounts in Thunderbird. Then you should be able to move all folders with content in the new location.

[quote user="Sellerie"]I do not know, how Pegasus exports mail and settings. I would try to import the Pegasus- and add the Outlook-accounts in Thunderbird. Then you should be able to move all folders with content in the new location.[/quote]

Thank you for your response.

The export process itself is not the problem. Microsoft Exchange can use IMAP connections to transfer mail from the local accounts. I have to create a .csv file that lists the user account, login name and password for each mail account that Mercury hosts for each of our domains. If the ability to use a superuser account was available, I could simply specify that account name/password for every single mail account. It's just a convenience and saves me setting up different passwords for every account on our network.

<p>[quote user="Sellerie"]I do not know, how Pegasus exports mail and settings. I would try to import the Pegasus- and add the Outlook-accounts in Thunderbird. Then you should be able to move all folders with content in the new location.[/quote]</p><p>Thank you for your response.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">The export process itself is not the problem. Microsoft Exchange can use IMAP connections to transfer mail from the local accounts. I have to create a .csv file that lists the user account, login name and password for each mail account that Mercury hosts for each of our domains. If the ability to use a superuser account was available, I could simply specify that account name/password for every single mail account. It's just a convenience and saves me setting up different passwords for every account on our network.</span></p>

Please have a look in the mail folder, in my case c:\mercury\mail, and look for the file "PMAIL.USR". You should see inside a list with all user accounts and in each account folder should be a file named "PASSWD.PM". Should be easy on the CMD to print this into a file.

But you are right, an superuser account would be much easier. Perhaps this will be coming with a new Mercury release...

<p>Please have a look in the mail folder, in my case c:\mercury\mail, and look for the file "PMAIL.USR". You should see inside a list with all user accounts and in each account folder should be a file named "PASSWD.PM". Should be easy on the CMD to print this into a file.</p><p>But you are right, an superuser account would be much easier. Perhaps this will be coming with a new Mercury release...</p>
This topic is closed