Community Discussions and Support
New users unable to connect to POP server

In this case it appears to be Mercury answering on port 110, though. As Thomas said the best thing to do is to check the logs.

/Rolf 

<p>In this case it appears to be Mercury answering on port 110, though. As Thomas said the best thing to do is to check the logs.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

After creating new users, they are getting a login dialog box when trying to set up their email client and subsequently when trying to retrieve email. Their mailbox folder \Mercury\Mail\username has the PASSWD.PM file in it and I have verified I am using the correct password and username. I can send an email to them and it ends up in this folder as well. I am running Mercury/32 v4.01d on a Windows 2003 Server. This problem is seen when setting up either Outlook or Outlook Express as the e-mail client.

Additional error seen:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Server: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

<P>After creating new users, they are getting a login dialog box when trying to set up their email client and subsequently when trying to retrieve email. Their mailbox folder \Mercury\Mail\username has the PASSWD.PM file in it and I have verified I am using the correct password and username. I can send an email to them and it ends up in this folder as well. I am running Mercury/32 v4.01d on a Windows 2003 Server. This problem is seen when setting up either Outlook or Outlook Express as the e-mail client.</P> <P>Additional error seen:</P> <P> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Server: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92</P>

[quote user="dhowell1220"]

After creating new users, they are getting a login dialog box when trying to set up their email client and subsequently when trying to retrieve email. Their mailbox folder \Mercury\Mail\username has the PASSWD.PM file in it and I have verified I am using the correct password and username. I can send an email to them and it ends up in this folder as well. I am running Mercury/32 v4.01d on a Windows 2003 Server. This problem is seen when setting up either Outlook or Outlook Express as the e-mail client.

Additional error seen:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Server: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

[/quote]

Run a session log at the POP3 server and have one of the Outlook users try to make the connection to see exactly what they are doing.  Post the session log here for the rest of us to see.  You should  modify the password before you post.

[quote user="dhowell1220"]<p>After creating new users, they are getting a login dialog box when trying to set up their email client and subsequently when trying to retrieve email. Their mailbox folder \Mercury\Mail\username has the PASSWD.PM file in it and I have verified I am using the correct password and username. I can send an email to them and it ends up in this folder as well. I am running Mercury/32 v4.01d on a Windows 2003 Server. This problem is seen when setting up either Outlook or Outlook Express as the e-mail client.</p> <p>Additional error seen:</p> <p> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Server: 'rcsd.k12.ny.us', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username or password is invalid or incorrect.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Run a session log at the POP3 server and have one of the Outlook users try to make the connection to see exactly what they are doing.  Post the session log here for the rest of us to see.  You should  modify the password before you post. </p><p> </p>

i was having this same issue, turns out an old install of wingate was running, and everytime it was trying to login it was logging into wingate.  uninstalled wingate (could probably just turn off pop and stmp in it, but i didn't need the software anymore) 

hope this helps some

<P>i was having this same issue, turns out an old install of wingate was running, and everytime it was trying to login it was logging into wingate.  uninstalled wingate (could probably just turn off pop and stmp in it, but i didn't need the software anymore)  </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>hope this helps some</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft