Community Discussions and Support
unknown user in Mercury Stats

Hmm - checked my statistics and got the same.

Because all other entries in the list are real, existing users (have Novell Netware running) it may be, that these ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ are aliases pointing to an external mailaddress or are mailinglists. However - I don't see any entries for aliases and mailinglists.

Bye    Olaf

<p>Hmm - checked my statistics and got the same.</p><p>Because all other entries in the list are real, existing users (have Novell Netware running) it may be, that these ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ are aliases pointing to an external mailaddress or are mailinglists. However - I don't see any entries for aliases and mailinglists.</p><p>Bye    Olaf </p><p> </p>

Checking over Mercury_Stats msr files I am seeing stats for a user ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ

Quite strange - anyone any ideas?

G

<p>Checking over Mercury_Stats msr files I am seeing stats for a user ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ</p><p>Quite strange - anyone any ideas?</p><p>G </p>

I don't log stats so can't check for similar but was hopeful that a response might provide a clue into why Pegasus Mail users occasionally see an entry in the new mail folder list containing ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ in both the From and Subject columns.  It goes away following a refresh of the NMF.

<p>I don't log stats so can't check for similar but was hopeful that a response might provide a clue into why Pegasus Mail users occasionally see an entry in the new mail folder list containing ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ in both the From and Subject columns.  It goes away following a refresh of the NMF.</p><p> </p>

No ideas, but I get the same...

ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ, msgs sent         25 (25)

ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ,

kilobytes sent    946 (946)

<p>No ideas, but I get the same...</p><p> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p><p class="MsoPlainText"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes">   </span>ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ, msgs sent<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">         </span>25 (25)<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoPlainText"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes">   </span>ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ, kilobytes sent<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">    </span>946 (946)<o:p></o:p></p>

Thanks Brian

I've been wondering if this might be connected with the way I had it set up here. When I used MS Excuse ::cough cough:: I had users in Mercury with the same names as mailing lists.

Just wondered if that might be contributing  to this weird username appearing in the stats?

I've removed all unnecessary mailboxes now and restarted Mercury so we'll see what happens.

Out of interest, *how* do you refresh the NMF on Windows? it's just a directory...?

<p>Thanks Brian</p><p>I've been wondering if this might be connected with the way I had it set up here. When I used MS Excuse ::cough cough:: I had users in Mercury with the same names as mailing lists.</p><p> Just wondered if that might be contributing  to this weird username appearing in the stats?</p><p>I've removed all unnecessary mailboxes now and restarted Mercury so we'll see what happens.</p><p> </p><p>Out of interest, *how* do you refresh the NMF on Windows? it's just a directory...?</p><p> </p>

The "NMF" reference is specific to the new mail folder in Pegasus Mail which can be refreshed by closing/reopening it. 

When "ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ" appears there, my sense is that Pegasus Mail had a problem reading or displaying the From and or Subject content of a message.  A refresh of the NMF window fixes it.  I don't know if there is relevance to what you are seeing in Mercury.  The similarity of what is displayed is what caught my eye and why I responded.

<p>The "NMF" reference is specific to the new mail folder in Pegasus Mail which can be refreshed by closing/reopening it.  </p><p>When "ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ" appears there, my sense is that Pegasus Mail had a problem reading or displaying the From and or Subject content of a message.  A refresh of the NMF window fixes it.  I don't know if there is relevance to what you are seeing in Mercury.  The similarity of what is displayed is what caught my eye and why I responded. </p>

Thanks for trying to help Brian.

Unfortunately, I'm not using Pegasus... and I still get the weird username

<p>Thanks for trying to help Brian.</p><p> </p><p>Unfortunately, I'm not using Pegasus... and I still get the weird username </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft