Community Discussions and Support
Users email being spoofed

Also, if all your users are all on a local network (or known ip addresses) you can set up a mercS transaction filter to reject (& blacklist) MAIL FROM local users.

e.g.

M, "*@your.domain*", BS, "554 Fraudulent MAIL FROM"

Just make sure to exempt your local ip's from the transfilter in the SMTP - Connection Control tab

I have a couple of users outside on dynamic ip's so have put exceptions for them BEFORE the reject rule

M, "*dyn.user@your.domain*", X, "MAIL FROM accepted"

This leaves a hole in this method but these particular users don't get hit much and Spamhalter has cleaned up any that did get through like this. 

<p>Also, if all your users are all on a local network (or known ip addresses) you can set up a mercS transaction filter to reject (& blacklist) MAIL FROM local users.</p><p>e.g.</p><p> M, "*@your.domain*", BS, "554 Fraudulent MAIL FROM"</p><p> </p><p>Just make sure to exempt your local ip's from the transfilter in the SMTP - Connection Control tab</p><p>I have a couple of users outside on dynamic ip's so have put exceptions for them BEFORE the reject rule</p><p> M, "*dyn.user@your.domain*", X, "MAIL FROM accepted"</p><p>This leaves a hole in this method but these particular users don't get hit much and Spamhalter has cleaned up any that did get through like this. </p><p> </p>

I'm using 4.51 with Spampal (spam) and AVG (virus) for about 35 users - Clients OE and Thunderbird on XP. I download all emails from the ISP to the local server. Lately, I've noticed my users emails are being spoofed. These emails are passing thru the spamfilters. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how I can resolve/fix this issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

<p>I'm using 4.51 with Spampal (spam) and AVG (virus) for about 35 users - Clients OE and Thunderbird on XP. I download all emails from the ISP to the local server. Lately, I've noticed my users emails are being spoofed. These emails are passing thru the spamfilters. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how I can resolve/fix this issue?  </p><p>Thanks in advance. </p><p> </p>

[quote user="Cls"]

I'm using 4.51 with Spampal (spam) and AVG (virus) for about 35 users - Clients OE and Thunderbird on XP. I download all emails from the ISP to the local server. Lately, I've noticed my users emails are being spoofed. These emails are passing thru the spamfilters. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how I can resolve/fix this issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

[/quote]

Use POPFileD or Spamwall at the Mercury/32 level to catch these spams.  My POPFileD system is 99.81% effective with a FPR of less than 0.03%.  My Spamwall setup has similar effectiveness.

[quote user="Cls"]<p>I'm using 4.51 with Spampal (spam) and AVG (virus) for about 35 users - Clients OE and Thunderbird on XP. I download all emails from the ISP to the local server. Lately, I've noticed my users emails are being spoofed. These emails are passing thru the spamfilters. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how I can resolve/fix this issue?  </p><p>Thanks in advance. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Use POPFileD or Spamwall at the Mercury/32 level to catch these spams.  My POPFileD system is 99.81% effective with a FPR of less than 0.03%.  My Spamwall setup has similar effectiveness. </p><p> </p>

I'll do that. Thanks again.

<p>I'll do that. Thanks again.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft