Community Discussions and Support
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

??  If that fixed the problem, then you should really consider ringing your ISP and getting them to make their server generate more accurate and useful error messages. The error message that it was returning gives no useful indication to the user that authentication might be an issue.

Cheers!

-- David --

??  If that fixed the problem, then you should really consider ringing your ISP and getting them to make their server generate more accurate and useful error messages. The error message that it was returning gives no useful indication to the user that authentication might be an issue. Cheers! -- David --

Hello,

I'm new in the forum.

I'm using Pegasus as usual on Windows XP (no configurations changes in the computer, no change in the Internet conection...) and I received this error when I try to send messages:

>From:    Mail Delivery System <>
>To:    Self
>Subject: Mail Delivery Failure.
>
>Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
>reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
>relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:
>
>   553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
>Your original mail message follows:

I installed a new Pegasus (the same version 4.41), but this was not a solution.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

&lt;p&gt;Hello, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m new in the forum. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m using Pegasus as usual on Windows XP (no configurations changes in the computer, no change in the Internet conection...) and I received this error when I try to send messages:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;From:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Mail Delivery System &amp;lt;&amp;gt; &amp;gt;To:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Self &amp;gt;Subject: Mail Delivery Failure. &amp;gt; &amp;gt;Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following &amp;gt;reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail &amp;gt;relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: &amp;gt; &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 553 sorry, that domain isn&#039;t in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) &amp;gt; &amp;gt;Your original mail message follows: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I installed a new Pegasus (the same version 4.41), but this was not a solution. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Anybody can help me?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks in advance. Regards,&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

This is a configuration error on the *server to which you are connecting*, not in Pegasus Mail. Pegasus Mail is simply reporting back to you the error that the remote server sent to it.

You'll need to take this up with the administrator of the server.

Cheers!

-- David --

This is a configuration error on the *server to which you are connecting*, not in Pegasus Mail. Pegasus Mail is simply reporting back to you the error that the remote server sent to it. You&#039;ll need to take this up with the administrator of the server. Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="ontzalu"]

Hello,

I'm new in the forum.

I'm using Pegasus as usual on Windows XP (no configurations changes in the computer, no change in the Internet conection...) and I received this error when I try to send messages:

>From:    Mail Delivery System <>
>To:    Self
>Subject: Mail Delivery Failure.
>
>Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
>reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
>relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:
>
>   553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
>Your original mail message follows:

I installed a new Pegasus (the same version 4.41), but this was not a solution.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

[/quote]

Looks like the ISP has changed something though, this error message is telling you that you are not allowed to relay on this SMTP host and the the address you are sending to is not one of the local addresses.   You might be allowed to relay though if authenticated.  David Harris has implemented ESMTP AUTH CRAM-MD5 for WinPMail, Mercury and Mercury/32.  They do a SMTP authentication in accordance with RFCs 2554 and 2195.  Mercury and Mercury/32 also do the LOGIN and the strange MS AUTH=LOGIN.

Go to File | Network configuration | (Sending) SMTP, edit the SMTP setup, select the "Security" tab and select one of the 3 options for doing SMTP Authorization.  I suspect the thrid one is the one you want using you POP3 user name and password.

[quote user=&quot;ontzalu&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Hello, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m new in the forum. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m using Pegasus as usual on Windows XP (no configurations changes in the computer, no change in the Internet conection...) and I received this error when I try to send messages:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;From:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Mail Delivery System &amp;lt;&amp;gt; &amp;gt;To:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Self &amp;gt;Subject: Mail Delivery Failure. &amp;gt; &amp;gt;Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following &amp;gt;reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail &amp;gt;relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: &amp;gt; &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 553 sorry, that domain isn&#039;t in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) &amp;gt; &amp;gt;Your original mail message follows: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I installed a new Pegasus (the same version 4.41), but this was not a solution. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Anybody can help me?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks in advance. Regards,&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Looks like the ISP has changed something though, this error message is telling you that you are not allowed to relay on this SMTP host and the the address you are sending to is not one of the local addresses. &amp;nbsp; You might be allowed to relay though if authenticated. &amp;nbsp;David Harris has implemented ESMTP AUTH CRAM-MD5 for WinPMail, Mercury and Mercury/32.&amp;nbsp; They do a SMTP authentication in accordance with RFCs 2554 and 2195.&amp;nbsp; Mercury and Mercury/32 also do the LOGIN and the strange MS AUTH=LOGIN. Go to File | Network configuration | (Sending) SMTP, edit the SMTP setup, select the &quot;Security&quot; tab and select one of the 3 options for doing SMTP Authorization.&amp;nbsp; I suspect the thrid one is the one you want using you POP3 user name and password. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hi,

I changed the settings in SMTP/Security (I selected SMTP Authentication 3rd option) and now it works!

Thanks, David and Thomas!!

Gonzalo Auza

&lt;p&gt;Hi,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I changed the settings in SMTP/Security (I selected SMTP Authentication 3rd option) and now it works!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks, David and Thomas!!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Gonzalo Auza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft