Community Discussions and Support
Configuring zen.spamhouse.org blacklist service

[quote user="briankelly63"]

Is this limitation still exist with the 4.62 release. ie: do you still need two entries?

Yes, you still need two entries

Thank You,

Brian

[/quote]

[quote user="briankelly63"]<blockquote><p>Is this limitation still exist with the 4.62 release. ie: do you still need two entries?</p></blockquote><p mce_keep="true"> Yes, you still need two entries </p><blockquote><p>Thank You,</p><p>Brian</p></blockquote> [/quote]

I have configured other (DSBL) spam blocking lists, but I can't get zen.spamhaus.org to work.
I've PINGed hosts that DSBL blocks as ###.###.###.###.zen.spamhaus.org, and it returns 127.0.0.11 , so I know it should work.

On the SPAM control dialog, I have these settings:
Name of definition: spamhouse ZEN
Hostname used to form query: zen.spamhaus.org
Type of query service: blacklist
Query structure: Address-based
Strictness of response: range
For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11
When an address is found to be blacklisted...
Redirect message to address: spam@mydomain
(do not) disable this definition

Thank you for your time.
--Tim

I have configured other (DSBL) spam blocking lists, but I can't get zen.spamhaus.org to work. I've PINGed hosts that DSBL blocks as ###.###.###.###.zen.spamhaus.org, and it returns 127.0.0.11 , so I know it should work. On the SPAM control dialog, I have these settings: Name of definition: spamhouse ZEN Hostname used to form query: zen.spamhaus.org Type of query service: blacklist Query structure: Address-based Strictness of response: range For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11 When an address is found to be blacklisted... Redirect message to address: spam@mydomain (do not) disable this definition Thank you for your time. --Tim

[quote user="tmpease"]I have configured other (DSBL) spam blocking lists, but I can't get zen.spamhaus.org to work.
I've PINGed hosts that DSBL blocks as ###.###.###.###.zen.spamhaus.org, and it returns 127.0.0.11 , so I know it should work.

On the SPAM control dialog, I have these settings:
Name of definition: spamhouse ZEN
Hostname used to form query: zen.spamhaus.org
Type of query service: blacklist
For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11

Break this into two separate entries.  One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11

When an address is found to be blacklisted...
Redirect message to address: spam@mydomain
(do not) disable this definition

Thank you for your time.
--Tim
[/quote]

<p>[quote user="tmpease"]I have configured other (DSBL) spam blocking lists, but I can't get zen.spamhaus.org to work. I've PINGed hosts that DSBL blocks as ###.###.###.###.zen.spamhaus.org, and it returns 127.0.0.11 , so I know it should work. On the SPAM control dialog, I have these settings: Name of definition: spamhouse ZEN Hostname used to form query: zen.spamhaus.org Type of query service: blacklist Query structure: Address-based Strictness of response: range For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11</p><p><b>Break this into two separate entries.  One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11 </b> When an address is found to be blacklisted... Redirect message to address: spam@mydomain (do not) disable this definition Thank you for your time. --Tim [/quote]</p>

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

[quote user="tmpease"]
For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11[/quote]

Break this into two separate entries.  One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11

Thank you for your time.
--Tim

[/quote]

Hello,

would you mind telling us why that is? Why not just put "any"?

Thanks in advance,

Gilles
[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]<P>[quote user="tmpease"] Query structure: Address-based Strictness of response: range For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11[/quote]</P><P><B>Break this into two separate entries.  One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11 </B> Thank you for your time. --Tim </P>[/quote] Hello, would you mind telling us why that is? Why not just put "any"? Thanks in advance, Gilles

On 13 Sep 2007 Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Automated Email <webmaster@praktit.se> wrote:

>  Thomas R. Stephenson:
>  tmpease:
>
> Query structure: Address-based
> Strictness of response: range
> For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11
>
>
> Break this into two separate entries.  One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and
> one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11
>
> Thank you for your time.
> --Tim
>
>
>
> Hello,
>
> would you mind telling us why that is?

Because MercuryS can't go past 127.0.0.9, it's been reported and probably will be fixed one of these days.

>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gilles

On 13 Sep 2007 Pegasus Mail &amp;amp; Mercury - Automated Email &amp;lt;webmaster@praktit.se&amp;gt; wrote: &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; Thomas R. Stephenson: &amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; tmpease: &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Query structure: Address-based &amp;gt; Strictness of response: range &amp;gt; For range checks: low: 127.0.0.2 high: 127.0.0.11 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Break this into two separate entries.&amp;nbsp; One 127.0.0.2 - 127.0.0.9 and &amp;gt; one 127.0.0.10 - 127.0.0.11 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Thank you for your time. &amp;gt; --Tim &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Hello, &amp;gt; &amp;gt; would you mind telling us why that is? Because MercuryS can&#039;t go past 127.0.0.9, it&#039;s been reported and probably will be fixed one of these days. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Thanks in advance, &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Gilles

Is this limitation still exist with the 4.62 release. ie: do you still need two entries?

Thank You,

Brian

&lt;P&gt;Is this limitation still exist with the 4.62 release. ie: do you still need two entries?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thank You,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Brian&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft