Community Discussions and Support
Outgoing rules - stuck mails

[quote user="m.fessler"]

Thanks Rolf for confirm this problem.
Maybe a bug?

Its look like a file access thing... so i cannot delete the files in the queue folder until i close mercury because there are open.
So maybe Mercury has the same problem....?!

Regards,
Martin

[/quote]

I doubt if you really can call this a bug since it's really a limitation of the system.  I suspect the filters, like all the other filters,  work on the RFC 2822 QDF file, they do not get the control QCF file and or QIF info file.  It appears you are deleting/moving/removing the QDF file from the queue but of course the other associated files are left.  The daemons get both the QCF and QDF files so they could probably handle this type of process.  Probably the outgoing mail filter should not be allowed to remove any mail from the queue this way.

[quote user="m.fessler"]<p>Thanks Rolf for confirm this problem. Maybe a bug? </p><p>Its look like a file access thing... so i cannot delete the files in the queue folder until i close mercury because there are open. So maybe Mercury has the same problem....?!</p><p>Regards, Martin</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I doubt if you really can call this a bug since it's really a limitation of the system.  I suspect the filters, like all the other filters,  work on the RFC 2822 QDF file, they do not get the control QCF file and or QIF info file.  It appears you are deleting/moving/removing the QDF file from the queue but of course the other associated files are left.  The daemons get both the QCF and QDF files so they could probably handle this type of process.  Probably the outgoing mail filter should not be allowed to remove any mail from the queue this way. </p>

Hello,

i have a problem with outgoing rules.
The rules works fine (core process said: "outgoing job .... killed by filtering rule") but the mails remain stuck in the queue folder.
Also when the rule delete or move the message - its still stay in the queue folder!

Until mercury were closed and re-started - then the stuck messages disappear.

When i write the rule in to the "global rules" the messages are deleted immediately.
But i will not that the rule also work on incoming mails.

Has someone an idea?
Thanks in advance,
regards

Martin

Hello, i have a problem with outgoing rules. The rules works fine (core process said: "outgoing job .... killed by filtering rule") but the mails remain stuck in the queue folder. Also when the rule delete or move the message - its still stay in the queue folder! Until mercury were closed and re-started - then the stuck messages disappear. When i write the rule in to the "global rules" the messages are deleted immediately. But i will not that the rule also work on incoming mails. Has someone an idea? Thanks in advance, regards Martin

I can confirm that behavior. I have an outgoing rule to kill autoreplies to various no-reply addresses (i.e. noreply@somedomain.xxx), and the files remain in the queue directory until Mercury is restarted.

/Rolf 

<p>I can confirm that behavior. I have an outgoing rule to kill autoreplies to various no-reply addresses (i.e. noreply@somedomain.xxx), and the files remain in the queue directory until Mercury is restarted.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Thanks Rolf for confirm this problem.
Maybe a bug?

Its look like a file access thing... so i cannot delete the files in the queue folder until i close mercury because there are open.
So maybe Mercury has the same problem....?!

Regards,
Martin

<p>Thanks Rolf for confirm this problem. Maybe a bug? </p><p>Its look like a file access thing... so i cannot delete the files in the queue folder until i close mercury because there are open. So maybe Mercury has the same problem....?!</p><p>Regards, Martin</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft