Community Discussions and Support
ClamAV with SaneSecurity sigs?

I think I have this working.  I'll be sending test files from home tonight so will know for sure in about 13 hours.

Acknowledgement and thanks to Lauri for files sent.

<p>I think I have this working.  I'll be sending test files from home tonight so will know for sure in about 13 hours.</p><p>Acknowledgement and thanks to Lauri for files sent. </p>

A catastrophic PC failure required a reinstall of Mercury to a new machine.  All is well except that I lost everything associated with the SaneSecurity sigs I had been using with ClamAV.  I simply can't remember whether I was downloading sigs using a script or if I had figured out a way to include the sigs in freshclam.conf.  Insights into the process would be appreciated.

A catastrophic PC failure required a reinstall of Mercury to a new machine.  All is well except that I lost everything associated with the SaneSecurity sigs I had been using with ClamAV.  I simply can't remember whether I was downloading sigs using a script or if I had figured out a way to include the sigs in freshclam.conf.  Insights into the process would be appreciated.

I am using Sanesecurity downloader by Steve Basford (v0.8 beta for ClamWin/ClamAV): https://sanesecurity.com/usage/windows-scripts/

I am using Sanesecurity downloader by Steve Basford (v0.8 beta for ClamWin/ClamAV): https://sanesecurity.com/usage/windows-scripts/

I see where I downloaded that script but that's all I find. 

In reviewing its usage I saw that it restarts clamd which makes me wonder if executing it every hour with Mercury running causes any problems. 

Also, would you mind sharing your .bat file?  I'll PM you with my email address to which you can respond or not.  No hard feelings if you don't.

<p>I see where I downloaded that script but that's all I find.  </p><p>In reviewing its usage I saw that it restarts clamd which makes me wonder if executing it every hour with Mercury running causes any problems.  </p><p>Also, would you mind sharing your .bat file?  I'll PM you with my email address to which you can respond or not.  No hard feelings if you don't. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft