Community Discussions and Support
Lost (partially) default user settings

[:$] Slightly embarrassed. The folder hierarchy structure that had gone .... that was because my husband's Pmail was open at the same time, and I didn't realise it and thought it was my own.

I did not restore anything, as it seemed it was only some of the options that had changed. At least I hope so. All seems to be well now that I set them back as they were.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers!

Ellie 

<p>[:$] Slightly embarrassed. The folder hierarchy structure that had gone .... that was because my husband's Pmail was open at the same time, and I didn't realise it and thought it was my own. </p><p>I did not restore anything, as it seemed it was only some of the options that had changed. At least I hope so. All seems to be well now that I set them back as they were.</p><p>Many thanks for the help.</p><p>Cheers!</p><p>Ellie </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hello all,

Pegasus Mail crashed because the server machine that was on it was turned off before the remote machine had had a chance to properly close the program. It seems that all identities are okay except for the default one. When I opened the program it gave me the mailbox locked message, as, of course, it was recovering from a crash. When it opened, the program presented me with the message that it appeared that I had previously used an older version of the program and did I want to walk through the new features. I clicked no, and it went away, but some of the settings of the default user are missing, specifically email address and message formatting info.

Which part of a backup should I restore to get these back again without losing today's mail, bearing in mind that it seems to be only the default user that is affected... as far as I can see.

I see that the folder hierarchy seems to have been lost as well. I really need to get back to where I was... anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Ellie

<p>Hello all, </p><p>Pegasus Mail crashed because the server machine that was on it was turned off before the remote machine had had a chance to properly close the program. It seems that all identities are okay except for the default one. When I opened the program it gave me the mailbox locked message, as, of course, it was recovering from a crash. When it opened, the program presented me with the message that it appeared that I had previously used an older version of the program and did I want to walk through the new features. I clicked no, and it went away, but some of the settings of the default user are missing, specifically email address and message formatting info.</p><p>Which part of a backup should I restore to get these back again without losing today's mail, bearing in mind that it seems to be only the default user that is affected... as far as I can see.</p><p>I see that the folder hierarchy seems to have been lost as well. I really need to get back to where I was... anyone any ideas? </p><p>Many thanks in advance,</p><p>Ellie  </p>

[quote user="Ellie Kennard"]

Hello all,

Pegasus Mail crashed because the server machine that was on it was turned off before the remote machine had had a chance to properly close the program. It seems that all identities are okay except for the default one. When I opened the program it gave me the mailbox locked message, as, of course, it was recovering from a crash. When it opened, the program presented me with the message that it appeared that I had previously used an older version of the program and did I want to walk through the new features. I clicked no, and it went away, but some of the settings of the default user are missing, specifically email address and message formatting info.

Which part of a backup should I restore to get these back again without losing today's mail, bearing in mind that it seems to be only the default user that is affected... as far as I can see.

[/quote]

Try to restore the pmail.ini file

[quote]

I see that the folder hierarchy seems to have been lost as well. I really need to get back to where I was... anyone any ideas?

[/quote]

You can also  restore the hierarch.pm file.

Let us know the results.

[quote user="Ellie Kennard"]<p>Hello all, </p><p>Pegasus Mail crashed because the server machine that was on it was turned off before the remote machine had had a chance to properly close the program. It seems that all identities are okay except for the default one. When I opened the program it gave me the mailbox locked message, as, of course, it was recovering from a crash. When it opened, the program presented me with the message that it appeared that I had previously used an older version of the program and did I want to walk through the new features. I clicked no, and it went away, but some of the settings of the default user are missing, specifically email address and message formatting info.</p><p>Which part of a backup should I restore to get these back again without losing today's mail, bearing in mind that it seems to be only the default user that is affected... as far as I can see.</p><p>[/quote] </p><p> Try to restore the pmail.ini file</p><p>[quote]  </p><p>I see that the folder hierarchy seems to have been lost as well. I really need to get back to where I was... anyone any ideas?</p><p> [/quote]</p><p>You can also  restore the hierarch.pm file.</p><p> </p><p>Let us know the results.</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft