Community Discussions and Support
ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released

Hallo  Brian

I find this message in every logfile since 2016, so it seems it's completely normal. Why, no idea ...

Best wishes,

Thomas

<p>Hallo  Brian </p><p><span class="tlid-translation translation"><span title="" class="">I find this message in every logfile since 2016, so it seems it's completely normal.</span> <span title="" class="">Why, no idea ...</span></span></p><p> </p><p> Best wishes,</p><p> </p><p>Thomas </p>

ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released.  Details here:

https://blog.clamav.net/2018/12/clamav-01010-has-been-released.html

Note:  New .exe installer built using InnoSetup 5.  Files look very different.  Don't use it to upgrade (overwrite) existing per a response to my inquiry on their support forum.  I'm leaning towards doing an uninstall and using the portable version files going forward.

<p>ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released.  Details here: </p><p>https://blog.clamav.net/2018/12/clamav-01010-has-been-released.html </p><p>Note:  New .exe installer built using InnoSetup 5.  Files look very different.  Don't use it to upgrade (overwrite) existing per a response to my inquiry on their support forum.  I'm leaning towards doing an uninstall and using the portable version files going forward. </p>

There are some significant API changes in this release.

I am going to wait until I'm sure there is no problem with the working of any of the add-ons before installing this update.

<p>There are some significant API changes in this release.</p><p>I am going to wait until I'm sure there is no problem with the working of any of the add-ons before installing this update.</p>

I just uninstalled 0.100.2 replacing it with portable 0.101.0. 

Freshclam downloaded the sig files normally.

ClamD started as expected.

No errors logged in either log.

The ClamWall header is being added to incoming messages.

Looks good based on the first MercD cycle.  I just got pulled away so am a little nervous about not being able to immediately send test messages.  Will post back once I get to that.

<p>I just uninstalled 0.100.2 replacing it with portable 0.101.0.  </p><p>Freshclam downloaded the sig files normally.</p><p>ClamD started as expected.</p><p>No errors logged in either log.</p><p>The ClamWall header is being added to incoming messages.</p><p>Looks good based on the first MercD cycle.  I just got pulled away so am a little nervous about not being able to immediately send test messages.  Will post back once I get to that.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Three messages with sanesecurity test content were detected.  It appears that all is well.

Three messages with sanesecurity test content were detected.  It appears that all is well.

Since changing to v0.101.0 this entry is in the freshclam log associated with each download. 

Can't query daily.25186.101.1.1.6810BD8A.ping.clamav.net

This follows the entry stating that the daily.cld has updated.  I don't know what the query is attempting to do so have posted on the clam-users list hoping for advice.

<p>Since changing to v0.101.0 this entry is in the freshclam log associated with each download.  </p><p>      Can't query daily.25186.101.1.1.6810BD8A.ping.clamav.net</p><p>This follows the entry stating that the daily.cld has updated.  I don't know what the query is attempting to do so have posted on the clam-users list hoping for advice. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft