Community Discussions and Support
MercuryS Transaction Level Filtering Question

No, you can't access message headers in the SMTP transaction filter. It would probably be possible to create a daemon to do it with the new, not yet publicized daemon interface, though. Still I'm not sure it's always wise to reject on mismatch here; a redirected message might have the mail address of the person redirecting it as SMTP MAIL FROM.

/Rolf 

<p>No, you can't access message headers in the SMTP transaction filter. It would probably be possible to create a daemon to do it with the new, not yet publicized daemon interface, though. Still I'm not sure it's always wise to reject on mismatch here; a redirected message might have the mail address of the person redirecting it as SMTP MAIL FROM.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

I'm starting to see an increasing amount of spam get through where the MAIL FROM on the header is a valid local user (usually the same as the RCPT TO).  But the from address within the DATA portion is a different address.  Since the MAIL FROM is a valid local user, I cannot add it to the killfile.  Is it possible to reject these messages, where the from address doesn't match, using Transaction Level Filtering?

Thanks! 

<p>I'm starting to see an increasing amount of spam get through where the MAIL FROM on the header is a valid local user (usually the same as the RCPT TO).  But the from address within the DATA portion is a different address.  Since the MAIL FROM is a valid local user, I cannot add it to the killfile.  Is it possible to reject these messages, where the from address doesn't match, using Transaction Level Filtering?</p><p>Thanks! </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft