Community Discussions and Support
IMAP into Mercury to check only new mail?

I have to admit that I have never used Pegasus Mail to set up an IMAP client. However, I assume the procedure is the same.

I have to admit that I have never used Pegasus Mail to set up an IMAP client. However, I assume the procedure is the same.

Hi All,

First let me say that I'm IMAP ignorant.  I've played with it a bit, and use it on the weekends to connect and empty our SPAM mailbox, but I occasionally feel the need to be able to IMAP into my mailbox to check new messages.  Is there a way to do this without accessing the +1000 folders in my mailbox?

<p>Hi All,</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">First let me say that I'm IMAP ignorant.  I've played with it a bit, and use it on the weekends to connect and empty our SPAM mailbox, but I occasionally feel the need to be able to IMAP into my mailbox to check new messages.  Is there a way to do this without accessing the +1000 folders in my mailbox?</span></p>

IMAP accounts give you the option to 'Subscribe'. Some mail clients automatically subscribe to all folders, some start with your inbox and leave additional folder access via the subscribe mechanism to you.

Usually, you right-click your IMAP mail account and choose the option 'Subscribe...'

<p>IMAP accounts give you the option to 'Subscribe'. Some mail clients automatically subscribe to all folders, some start with your inbox and leave additional folder access via the subscribe mechanism to you.</p><p>Usually, you right-click your IMAP mail account and choose the option 'Subscribe...'</p>

Thanks!  I IMAPed in with Pegasus Mail awhile ago and it listed all folders.  I haven't bothered since.  I'll have to play with the subscription feature and see what it does.

Thanks!  I IMAPed in with Pegasus Mail awhile ago and it listed all folders.  I haven't bothered since.  I'll have to play with the subscription feature and see what it does.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft