Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Wishlist : Combine Spamhalter and selective mail download to eradicate spam on the pop server

If you have access to the mail server, you could use a spam filter to append an identifier to the subject line that would allow a filter in your client to move or delete them without downloading.

If you have access to the mail server, you could use a spam filter to append an identifier to the subject line that would allow a filter in your client to move or delete them without downloading.

Hello,

I use Spamhalter and  its quite good to filter spam. But I have to download mails from my pop servers.

Would it be possible to activate it with selective download, often, email address and subject is really sufficient...

Thanks

Regards

Alexandre 

<P>Hello,</P> <P>I use Spamhalter and  its quite good to filter spam. But I have to download mails from my pop servers.</P> <P>Would it be possible to activate it with selective download, often, email address and subject is really sufficient...</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Regards</P> <P>Alexandre </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="amoradell"]

But I have to download mails from my pop servers.

[/quote]

Spamhalter is a text classifier and needs the whole message to decide if it's spam or ham.

[quote user="amoradell"]

[...] often, email address and subject is really sufficient...

[/quote]

The email adress contains a lot of random stuff. Only parts of it can be helpful.

A decision based on such a small text corpus (subject line and email adress) means a

higher probability of misclassifications and is a little bit shaky.

[quote user="amoradell"]<p>But I have to download mails from my pop servers.</p> <p>[/quote]</p><p>Spamhalter is a text classifier and needs the whole message to decide if it's spam or ham.</p><p>[quote user="amoradell"]</p> <p>[...] often, email address and subject is really sufficient...</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>The email adress contains a lot of random stuff. Only parts of it can be helpful.</p><p>A decision based on such a small text corpus (subject line and email adress) means a</p><p>higher probability of misclassifications and is a little bit shaky. </p><p> </p>

So, a simple filter would be more appropriate... but it's working after downloading the whole message.

Subject is really appropriate when you have spam "en masse".

I use Poptray for this kind of filtering and its quite good (it has regex also).

<P>So, a simple filter would be more appropriate... but it's working after downloading the whole message.</P> <P>Subject is really appropriate when you have spam "en masse".</P> <P>I use Poptray for this kind of filtering and its quite good (it has regex also).</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft