Community Discussions and Support
POPFile has started crashing regularly

I'm posting this just to make a record of the fact that my POPFile has started crashing about once a week for the last couple of months after being rock solid for many years.  Spam starts showing up in mailboxes due to popfileib.exe not running.  There isn't any consistency in occurrence times; no event is logged that I can via Event Viewer. 

At first I thought someone was doing a reclassification and mistakenly hitting the "Shutdown POPFile" link but it has now crashed a couple of times in the middle of the night when the office was closed (it's not accessible remotely).  It runs on a Win7 PC that is dedicated to Mercury, POPFile, and online banking.  Vipre Enterprise is the AV product; IBM Trusteer Rapport is also as a requirement of online banking.  The machine is in a server room where it gets accessed twice a day for online banking and as needed for Windows and Firefox updates.  The POPFile crashes don't coincide with any of these times.  A cold boot hasn't solved the problem.

There is nothing to go on for troubleshooting, at least not that I can find.  Any thoughts are welcome.

<p>I'm posting this just to make a record of the fact that my POPFile has started crashing about once a week for the last couple of months after being <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">rock solid for many years.  Spam starts showing up in mailboxes due to p</span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">opfileib.exe not running</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">.  There isn't any consistency in occurrence times; no event is logged that I can via Event Viewer. </span></p><p>At first I thought someone was doing a reclassification and mistakenly hitting the "Shutdown POPFile" link but it has now crashed a couple of times in the middle of the night when the office was closed (it's not accessible remotely).  It runs on a Win7 PC that is dedicated to Mercury, POPFile, and online banking.  Vipre Enterprise is the AV product; IBM Trusteer Rapport is also as a requirement of online banking.  The machine is in a server room where it gets accessed twice a day for online banking and as needed for Windows and Firefox updates.  The POPFile crashes don't coincide with any of these times.  <span style="font-size: 10pt;">A cold boot hasn't solved the problem.</span></p><p>There is nothing to go on for troubleshooting, at least not that I can find.  Any thoughts are welcome.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft