Community Discussions and Support
Can`t send emails to external accounts

Mercury will by default use the DNS servers specified in Windows for domain name lookups. It's possible to select other DNS servers in the MercuryE (SMTP End-to-End delivery) module if you prefer that. In either case the IP numbers of the DNS servers used should be shown in the MercuryE log window on program start.

As there was a MX lookup failure you need to verify that all IP numbers entered for DNS servers are correct.

Apart from that I would add the public IP of your system to the Domains section as well (presumably [64.20.35.155]).

/Rolf

<p>Mercury will by default use the DNS servers specified in Windows for domain name lookups. It's possible to select other DNS servers in the MercuryE (SMTP End-to-End delivery) module if you prefer that. In either case the IP numbers of the DNS servers used should be shown in the MercuryE log window on program start.</p><p>As there was a MX lookup failure you need to verify that all IP numbers entered for DNS servers are correct.</p><p>Apart from that I would add the public IP of your system to the Domains section as well (presumably [64.20.35.155]).</p><p>/Rolf  </p>

Hi,

I have a probem configuration to sen emails from internal account to external account.

This is the case:

Windows xp service pack 2 with smtp service installed

Router ADSlL NAT configuration, STATIC IP ADDRESS AND A DOMAIN NAME REGISTER 

I install mercury wiith no netware supprt and non integration with pegasus.

Modules installed:

Mercury S

Mercury P

Mercury D

SMTP Client Module Mercury E

Configuration information

The machines internet domain : first i tried to put this [ip of the machine where mercury is installed] and second i put mydomain.com (with the two option nothing happend)

Mercury for win 32 setup: NORMAL

Core Module:

Local domains

Local host or server: mydomain.com

Internet name: mydomain.com

My clients have thsi configuration

user:xxxxxx

password zzzzzz

pop server: ip of my mercury server

smtp: ip of my mercury server

please help

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I have a probem configuration to sen emails from internal account to external account.</P> <P>This is the case:</P> <P>Windows xp service pack 2 with smtp service installed</P> <P>Router ADSlL NAT configuration, STATIC IP ADDRESS AND A DOMAIN NAME REGISTER </P> <P>I install mercury wiith no netware supprt and non integration with pegasus.</P> <P>Modules installed:</P> <P>Mercury S</P> <P>Mercury P</P> <P>Mercury D</P> <P>SMTP Client Module Mercury E</P> <P>Configuration information</P> <P>The machines internet domain : first i tried to put this [ip of the machine where mercury is installed] and second i put mydomain.com (with the two option nothing happend)</P> <P>Mercury for win 32 setup: NORMAL</P> <P>Core Module:</P> <P>Local domains</P> <P>Local host or server: mydomain.com</P> <P>Internet name: mydomain.com</P> <P> My clients have thsi configuration</P> <P>user:xxxxxx</P> <P>password zzzzzz</P> <P>pop server: ip of my mercury server</P> <P>smtp: ip of my mercury server</P> <P>please help</P>

Make sure you have specified filenames for log files for SMTP and check what the logs say. Check the local domains entries in Core module configuration - it should be like it says in the Mercury help:

When entering domains into this section, you should usually provide three entries per local Internet domain - a fully-qualified version, a simple version, and a special entry called a domain literal version, which is the IP number of your system enclosed in square brackets. For example, if your system's Internet name was calliope.pmail.gen.nz (192.156.225.76), you might create these domains definitions:

calliope        calliope
    calliope        calliope.pmail.gen.nz
    calliope        [192.156.225.76]

/Rolf

<p>Make sure you have specified filenames for log files for SMTP and check what the logs say. Check the local domains entries in Core module configuration - it should be like it says in the Mercury help:</p><blockquote><i>When entering domains into this section, you should usually provide three entries per local Internet domain - a fully-qualified version, a simple version, and a special entry called a domain literal version, which is the IP number of your system enclosed in square brackets. For example, if your system's Internet name was calliope.pmail.gen.nz (192.156.225.76), you might create these domains definitions:     calliope        calliope     calliope        calliope.pmail.gen.nz     calliope        [192.156.225.76]</i></blockquote><p> /Rolf</p>

[quote user="frdm"]

Hi,

I have a probem configuration to sen emails from internal account to external account.

This is the case:

Windows xp service pack 2 with smtp service installed

Router ADSlL NAT configuration, STATIC IP ADDRESS AND A DOMAIN NAME REGISTER 

I install mercury wiith no netware supprt and non integration with pegasus.

Modules installed:

Mercury S

Mercury P

Mercury D

SMTP Client Module Mercury E

Configuration information

The machines internet domain : first i tried to put this [ip of the machine where mercury is installed] and second i put mydomain.com (with the two option nothing happend)

Mercury for win 32 setup: NORMAL

Core Module:

Local domains

Local host or server: mydomain.com

Internet name: mydomain.com

My clients have thsi configuration

user:xxxxxx

password zzzzzz

pop server: ip of my mercury server

smtp: ip of my mercury server

please help

[/quote]

Some basics here.   mail send via in internal account can be sent either via the  Mercury mail queue when using Pegasus Mail or via MercuryS with a POP3/IMAP4 client.  In either case mercury core is going to get the mail and examine the domains of the email addresses to determine which ones are local and which ones are non-local.  Core does this by examining the [Domains] section of Mercury.ini and the names of the system entered into "Internet name for this system (Postmaster and mailing list only).  If the mail is considered non-local a MO*.QCF/QDF file pair is placed in the queue for processing by MercuryC or MercuryE.  

If sending by MercuryC then MercuryC connects to the relay host and sends the mail like any mail client.

If sending by MercuryE then MercuryE examines all of the email addresses, combines and creates outbound mail messages and resolves the domain name of the email address to a MX host.  It then sends the mail to the MX host like any SMTP mail server.

Note the domains are critical in both the email addresses and the domains list and you simply have not given us any real information to work with.  I hope this basic outline will allow you to solve your problem by yourself though.

If you still need help provide the email addresses you are trying to send form and to and the information in the [Domains] section of the mercury.ini file.  The name of the system in mercury.ini is also needed as well as any error messages you are getting.

[quote user="frdm"]<p>Hi,</p> <p>I have a probem configuration to sen emails from internal account to external account.</p> <p>This is the case:</p> <p>Windows xp service pack 2 with smtp service installed</p> <p>Router ADSlL NAT configuration, STATIC IP ADDRESS AND A DOMAIN NAME REGISTER </p> <p>I install mercury wiith no netware supprt and non integration with pegasus.</p> <p>Modules installed:</p> <p>Mercury S</p> <p>Mercury P</p> <p>Mercury D</p> <p>SMTP Client Module Mercury E</p> <p>Configuration information</p> <p>The machines internet domain : first i tried to put this [ip of the machine where mercury is installed] and second i put mydomain.com (with the two option nothing happend)</p> <p>Mercury for win 32 setup: NORMAL</p> <p>Core Module:</p> <p>Local domains</p> <p>Local host or server: mydomain.com</p> <p>Internet name: mydomain.com</p> <p> My clients have thsi configuration</p> <p>user:xxxxxx</p> <p>password zzzzzz</p> <p>pop server: ip of my mercury server</p> <p>smtp: ip of my mercury server</p> <p>please help</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Some basics here.   mail send via in internal account can be sent either via the  Mercury mail queue when using Pegasus Mail or via MercuryS with a POP3/IMAP4 client.  In either case mercury core is going to get the mail and examine the domains of the email addresses to determine which ones are local and which ones are non-local.  Core does this by examining the [Domains] section of Mercury.ini and the names of the system entered into "Internet name for this system (Postmaster and mailing list only).  If the mail is considered non-local a MO*.QCF/QDF file pair is placed in the queue for processing by MercuryC or MercuryE.   </p><p>If sending by MercuryC then MercuryC connects to the relay host and sends the mail like any mail client.</p><p>If sending by MercuryE then MercuryE examines all of the email addresses, combines and creates outbound mail messages and resolves the domain name of the email address to a MX host.  It then sends the mail to the MX host like any SMTP mail server.</p><p>Note the domains are critical in both the email addresses and the domains list and you simply have not given us any real information to work with.  I hope this basic outline will allow you to solve your problem by yourself though. If you still need help provide the email addresses you are trying to send form and to and the information in the [Domains] section of the mercury.ini file.  The name of the system in mercury.ini is also needed as well as any error messages you are getting.    </p><p> </p>

[General]
myname:          lasta.com    # Canonical name for this server
timezone:        +0000    # Time Zone to add to date fields
file_api:        1    # Use the file api instead of queues
mailqueue:       C:\MERCURY\QUEUE    # Where mail should be put for delivery
smtpqueue:       C:\MERCURY\QUEUE    # Where the SMTP client should look for mail
newmail_path:    C:\MERCURY\MAIL\~N    # Where to find the users' WinPMail

[Domains]
lasta: lasta
lasta: lasta.com
lasta: [192.168.20.15] 

Problem

Temporary error 249 (temporary MX resolution error) resolving speedy.com

<P>[General] myname:          lasta.com    # Canonical name for this server timezone:        +0000    # Time Zone to add to date fields file_api:        1    # Use the file api instead of queues mailqueue:       C:\MERCURY\QUEUE    # Where mail should be put for delivery smtpqueue:       C:\MERCURY\QUEUE    # Where the SMTP client should look for mail newmail_path:    C:\MERCURY\MAIL\~N    # Where to find the users' WinPMail</P> <P>[Domains] lasta: lasta lasta: lasta.com lasta: [192.168.20.15] </P> <P mce_keep="true">Problem</P> <P mce_keep="true">Temporary error 249 (temporary MX resolution error) resolving speedy.com</P>

Put the IP address of your DNS server(s) in the 'Name Servers:' box in MercE configuration.

Put the IP address of your DNS server(s) in the 'Name Servers:' box in MercE configuration.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft