Community Discussions and Support
IMAP client adds extra CR to lines

[quote user="subelman"]

[quote user="David Harris"]I've just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I'm happy to fix this if we can track down where it's happening.

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

Attached is a ZIP file with the following files with an example:

YFST76U4.CNM - CNM file as it is on the server

7X9M3YU0.CNM - CNM file as retrieved via IMAP to the local workstation. Note the the extra <CR> on every line

TCP000D.MI, TCP000E.MI - IMAP logs on the server

TCP0001.WPM, TCP0002.WPM - the Pegasus logs (-Z 32)

The logs have been edited to x-out the login and password, but are otherwise intact.

One strange thing: I had originally tried to create this example with a much smaller message (CNM file about 1.4 K), and the headers did not get the extra <CR> although the body did get modified.

When I repeated the test with  larger message (attached CNM files, about 4K) both the headers and body got modified.

If there's any more information you need, let me know.

Eduardo

[/quote]

I never got an ACK back on this. 

[quote user=&quot;subelman&quot;]&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;David Harris&quot;]I&#039;ve just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I&#039;m happy to fix this if we can track down where it&#039;s happening. Cheers! -- David -- [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Attached is a ZIP file with the following files with an example: YFST76U4.CNM - CNM file as it is on the server 7X9M3YU0.CNM - CNM file as retrieved via IMAP to the local workstation. Note the the extra &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt; on every line TCP000D.MI, TCP000E.MI - IMAP logs on the server TCP0001.WPM, TCP0002.WPM - the Pegasus logs (-Z 32) The logs have been edited to x-out the login and password, but are otherwise intact. One strange thing: I had originally tried to create this example with a much smaller message (CNM file about 1.4 K), and the headers did not get the extra &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt; although the body did get modified. When I repeated the test with&amp;nbsp; larger message (attached CNM files, about 4K) both the headers and body got modified. If there&#039;s any more information you need, let me know. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Eduardo &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I never got an ACK back on this.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I'm using the IMAP client in Pegasus 4.41. When I use it to copy email from the server's INBOX to the local "new mail" folder and I look at the CNM file in the local machine, I notice that all the lines (including the headers) end in <CR><CR><LF>.

The server is Mercury/32 V4.52. If I look at the corresponding CNM file in the server, all lines end in <CR><LF>, and look normal. I turned on logging for the IMAP module in Mercury, and  it shows that the server is sending all lines ending in <CR><LF>, so it seems like the Pegasus IMAP client is inserting one extra <CR> for every line.

If I retrieve the same email via POP, the CNM file on the Pegasus machine look fine.

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m using the IMAP client in Pegasus 4.41. When I use it to copy email from the server&#039;s INBOX to the local &quot;new mail&quot; folder and I look at the CNM file in the local machine, I notice that all the lines (including the headers) end in &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;CR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;LF&amp;gt;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The server is Mercury/32 V4.52. If I look at the corresponding CNM file in the server, all lines end in &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;LF&amp;gt;, and look normal. I turned on logging for the IMAP module in Mercury, and&amp;nbsp; it shows that the server is sending all lines ending in &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt;&amp;lt;LF&amp;gt;, so it seems like the Pegasus IMAP client is inserting one extra &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt; for every line.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;If I retrieve the same email via POP, the CNM file on the Pegasus machine look fine.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I've just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I'm happy to fix this if we can track down where it's happening.

Cheers!

-- David --

I&#039;ve just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I&#039;m happy to fix this if we can track down where it&#039;s happening. Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="David Harris"]I've just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I'm happy to fix this if we can track down where it's happening.

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

Attached is a ZIP file with the following files with an example:

YFST76U4.CNM - CNM file as it is on the server

7X9M3YU0.CNM - CNM file as retrieved via IMAP to the local workstation. Note the the extra <CR> on every line

TCP000D.MI, TCP000E.MI - IMAP logs on the server

TCP0001.WPM, TCP0002.WPM - the Pegasus logs (-Z 32)

The logs have been edited to x-out the login and password, but are otherwise intact.

One strange thing: I had originally tried to create this example with a much smaller message (CNM file about 1.4 K), and the headers did not get the extra <CR> although the body did get modified.

When I repeated the test with  larger message (attached CNM files, about 4K) both the headers and body got modified.

If there's any more information you need, let me know.

Eduardo

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;David Harris&quot;]I&#039;ve just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I&#039;m happy to fix this if we can track down where it&#039;s happening. Cheers! -- David -- [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Attached is a ZIP file with the following files with an example: YFST76U4.CNM - CNM file as it is on the server 7X9M3YU0.CNM - CNM file as retrieved via IMAP to the local workstation. Note the the extra &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt; on every line TCP000D.MI, TCP000E.MI - IMAP logs on the server TCP0001.WPM, TCP0002.WPM - the Pegasus logs (-Z 32) The logs have been edited to x-out the login and password, but are otherwise intact. One strange thing: I had originally tried to create this example with a much smaller message (CNM file about 1.4 K), and the headers did not get the extra &amp;lt;CR&amp;gt; although the body did get modified. When I repeated the test with&amp;nbsp; larger message (attached CNM files, about 4K) both the headers and body got modified. If there&#039;s any more information you need, let me know. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Eduardo &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft