Community Discussions and Support
New Mail auto deletes

Thank YOU David and Nighthawk.  Your solution cleared the problem.  He was trying to clear spam in the wrong folder.

Cliffp 

<p>Thank YOU David and Nighthawk.  Your solution cleared the problem.  He was trying to clear spam in the wrong folder.</p><p> </p><p>Cliffp </p><p> </p>

Using Pegasus 4.41.  "older friend" has problem - upon closing Pegasus

any mail left in the new mail folder automatically goes to the delete folder

where it can be found upon opening program again.  I do not have this problem

and he has used the exact same options in his program as I have. I can leave

new mail in the new mail folder as long as I wish and it deletes only when so

selected.  Can someone tell me what to do to fix this.  Thanks....

Cliffp 

<p>Using Pegasus 4.41.  "older friend" has problem - upon closing Pegasus</p><p>any mail left in the new mail folder automatically goes to the delete folder</p><p>where it can be found upon opening program again.  I do not have this problem</p><p>and he has used the exact same options in his program as I have. I can leave</p><p>new mail in the new mail folder as long as I wish and it deletes only when so</p><p>selected.  Can someone tell me what to do to fix this.  Thanks....</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Cliffp </p>

Have you accidently attached a close folder filting rule set to the new mail folder?

Have you accidently attached a close folder filting rule set to the new mail folder?

Go into Tools|Options, and select the "Basic Settings" page. Make sure that "Allow read messages to stay in the new mail folder" is checked.

If this button is already checked, then look at his filtering rules for when the new mail folder closes - Tools | Mail filtering rules | Edit new mail filtering rules | Rules applied when folder is closed. He almost certainly has a rule there that is doing this.

Cheers!

-- David --

Go into Tools|Options, and select the "Basic Settings" page. Make sure that "Allow read messages to stay in the new mail folder" is checked. If this button is already checked, then look at his filtering rules for when the new mail folder closes - Tools | Mail filtering rules | Edit new mail filtering rules | Rules applied when folder is closed. He almost certainly has a rule there that is doing this. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft