Community Discussions and Support
Subscriber to subscriber use

Not sure I really understand your setup, but regardless of that I assume the question is if a list subscriber can send a message to the list but only have it distributed to one specific subscriber. Short answer no, long answer maybe, but it would be very complicated. One would need to create a daemon to intercept such messages in Mercury and bypass normal list handling, and the sender would need to manually include the address of the intended recipient somewhere in his message, as a unique header or similar. Any tiny error could result in the message being distributed to the entire list.

<p>Not sure I really understand your setup, but regardless of that I assume the question is if a list subscriber can send a message to the list but only have it distributed to one specific subscriber. Short answer no, long answer maybe, but it would be very complicated. One would need to create a daemon to intercept such messages in Mercury and bypass normal list handling, and the sender would need to manually include the address of the intended recipient somewhere in his message, as a unique header or similar. Any tiny error could result in the message being distributed to the entire list.</p><p> </p>

New user. I use Mercury/32 v4.6 June 27, 2008 with XAMPP for Windows 7.3.5. I have sucessfully set up Mercury as a relay from an external email address to a Mercury Mail list, all on external email addresses. I am using the pop and SMTP of the From email address. And this is working very well. I have used it with no problems for about three years. Any user can send an email to the subscribers list. Now, my question: Is there a way, a subscriber and send an email using Mercury to a single specific subscriber on the list?

New user. I use Mercury/32 v4.6 June 27, 2008 with XAMPP for Windows 7.3.5. I have sucessfully set up Mercury as a relay from an external email address to a Mercury Mail list, all on external email addresses. I am using the pop and SMTP of the From email address. And this is working very well. I have used it with no problems for about three years. Any user can send an email to the subscribers list. Now, my question: Is there a way, a subscriber and send an email using Mercury to a single specific subscriber on the list?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft