Community Discussions and Support
Updating "problem"

[quote user="Ted"]

I've been using, and promoting Pegasus since 1995 (using Windows - currently XP Professional SP2). 

Each time an update has been made available I've updated.  Problem is, although the version is listed as being what I have, the layout doesn't change and some of the features aren't available (I know this to be a fact because I've seen the layout and features available on new installations by other people).   It appears as if the original installation is still controlling what I can do and not do with Pegasus.

I doubt this since I've been upgrading since running PMail for MSDOS and WinPMail v0.9 over the same setup and always have all of the features of the new system.  If the Help | About Pegasus Mail shows the current setup then you'll just have to make the changes as required in Tools | Options to bring them out.

I have decided to uninstall Pegasus and re-install the latest version HOWEVER, I'm concerned that by doing so I'll loose all my address books, my folders, my signature files, etc., and etc. so I'm very hesitant to do so.   Could somebody help me through this process so I don't loose what I need??

The way to do a reinstall without losing any data at all in to delete the PMail.ini, State.pmj and hierarch.pm and then re-install the program over the current version.

Thanks

Ted

[/quote]
[quote user="Ted"]<p>I've been using, and promoting Pegasus since 1995 (using Windows - currently XP Professional SP2).  </p><p>Each time an update has been made available I've updated.  Problem is, although the version is listed as being what I have, the layout doesn't change and some of the features aren't available (I know this to be a fact because I've seen the layout and features available on new installations by other people).   It appears as if the original installation is still controlling what I can do and not do with Pegasus. </p><p> <i><b>I doubt this since I've been upgrading since running PMail for MSDOS and WinPMail v0.9 over the same setup and always have all of the features of the new system.  If the Help | About Pegasus Mail shows the current setup then you'll just have to make the changes as required in Tools | Options to bring them out.</b></i>  </p><p>I have decided to uninstall Pegasus and re-install the latest version HOWEVER, I'm concerned that by doing so I'll loose all my address books, my folders, my signature files, etc., and etc. so I'm very hesitant to do so.   Could somebody help me through this process so I don't loose what I need??</p><p><i><b>The way to do a reinstall without losing any data at all in to delete the PMail.ini, State.pmj and hierarch.pm and then re-install the program over the current version.</b></i>  </p><p>  Thanks</p><p>Ted  </p>[/quote]

I've been using, and promoting Pegasus since 1995 (using Windows - currently XP Professional SP2). 

Each time an update has been made available I've updated.  Problem is, although the version is listed as being what I have, the layout doesn't change and some of the features aren't available (I know this to be a fact because I've seen the layout and features available on new installations by other people).   It appears as if the original installation is still controlling what I can do and not do with Pegasus.

I have decided to uninstall Pegasus and re-install the latest version HOWEVER, I'm concerned that by doing so I'll loose all my address books, my folders, my signature files, etc., and etc. so I'm very hesitant to do so.   Could somebody help me through this process so I don't loose what I need??

Thanks

Ted

<p>I've been using, and promoting Pegasus since 1995 (using Windows - currently XP Professional SP2).  </p><p>Each time an update has been made available I've updated.  Problem is, although the version is listed as being what I have, the layout doesn't change and some of the features aren't available (I know this to be a fact because I've seen the layout and features available on new installations by other people).   It appears as if the original installation is still controlling what I can do and not do with Pegasus. </p><p>I have decided to uninstall Pegasus and re-install the latest version HOWEVER, I'm concerned that by doing so I'll loose all my address books, my folders, my signature files, etc., and etc. so I'm very hesitant to do so.   Could somebody help me through this process so I don't loose what I need??</p><p>  Thanks</p><p>Ted  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft