Community Discussions and Support
Not receiving some external emails

Did look through the files to see if any issues. Also had the ISP setup an outer perimeter spam filter in hoping it catches one of these emails that are getting bounced. My understanding is that the sender will not get any return errors or message so that might be an option for hints 

<p>Did look through the files to see if any issues. Also had the ISP setup an outer perimeter spam filter in hoping it catches one of these emails that are getting bounced. My understanding is that the sender will not get any return errors or message so that might be an option for hints </p>

Hello,

We are experiencing issues of not getting some external email messages

recently, We are using Mercury/32 v4.80.149 and have determined that some of the messages missing have email

addresses that end in icloud.com and aol.com.

I have been told our spam filter is disabled.

Can anyone suggest a log file to review that might help point us in the right direction in resolving this issue ?

Thanks,

MooseLook

<p> <span lang="EN" style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'>Hello,</span><span lang="EN" style='mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:
EN'></span></p><p><span lang="EN" style='mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:EN'> </span></p><p><span lang="EN" style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'>We are experiencing issues of not getting some external email messages</span><span lang="EN" style='mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'></span></p><p><span lang="EN" style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'>recently, We are using Mercury/32 v4.80.149 and have determined that some of the messages missing have email</span><span lang="EN" style='mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:
EN'></span></p><p><span lang="EN" style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'>addresses that end in icloud.com and aol.com. </span></p><p><span lang="EN" style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN'>I have been told our spam filter is disabled.</span></p><p>Can anyone suggest a log file to review that might help point us in the right direction in resolving this issue ?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>MooseLook</p>

...Logs\MercuryCore\  contains log files of every message processed (Date, Time, Sender, Disposition, and some other stuff that I can't explain).  It will show you what user a message was delivered to or whether a message was killed (by filter or by daemon). 

Be aware that "killed" does not necessarily mean deleted. It's only an indication that the message was affected by a filter or daemon.

I don't know what disposition is logged when a message is acted upon by Content Control or

Spamhalter.

<p>...Logs\MercuryCore\  contains log files of every message processed (Date, Time, Sender, Disposition, and some other stuff that I can't explain).  It will show you what user a message was delivered to or whether a message was killed (by filter or by daemon).  </p><p>Be aware that "killed" does not necessarily mean deleted. It's only an indication that the message was affected by a filter or daemon. </p><p>I don't know what disposition is logged when a message is acted upon by Content Control or Spamhalter. </p>

Thanks Brian!

I will take a look and report back

Thanks,

MooseLook 

<p>Thanks Brian!</p><p>I will take a look and report back</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>MooseLook </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft