Community Discussions and Support
ClamAV 0.102.0 has been released (but will it work?)

Greetings All,

ClamAV 0.102.0 has been released.  The release notes contain the following statement:

"The On-Access Scanning feature has been migrated out of clamd and into a brand new utility named clamonacc. This utility is similar to clamdscan and clamav-milter in that it acts as a client to clamd. This separation from clamd means that clamd no longer needs to run with root privileges while scanning potentially malicious files. Instead, clamd may drop privileges to run under an account that does not have super-user."

Anyone know whether this is cause for concern?

Details of the release are here:  https://blog.clamav.net/2019/10/clamav-01020-has-been-released.html

<p>Greetings All,</p><p>ClamAV 0.102.0 has been released.  The release notes contain the following statement:</p><p>"The On-Access Scanning feature has been migrated out of <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamd</span> and into a brand new utility named <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamonacc</span>. This utility is similar to <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamdscan</span> and <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamav-milter</span> in that it acts as a client to <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamd</span>. This separation from <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamd</span> means that <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamd</span> no longer needs to run with root privileges while scanning potentially malicious files. Instead, <span style="max-width: 100%;">clamd</span> may drop privileges to run under an account that does not have super-user."</p><p>Anyone know whether this is cause for concern?</p><p>Details of the release are here:  https://blog.clamav.net/2019/10/clamav-01020-has-been-released.html</p>

Hello,

I contacted some days ago Lukas Gebauer about the compatibility of ClamAV new version and Mercury/ClamWall. Hereafter the answer :

Not tested yet, however I not see any affecting change in release
notes. It can work until ClamD socket interface is the same.

Lukas Gebauer.

<p>Hello,</p><p>I contacted some days ago Lukas Gebauer about the compatibility of ClamAV new version and Mercury/ClamWall. Hereafter the answer : </p><p>Not tested yet, however I not see any affecting change in release notes. It can work until ClamD socket interface is the same.   Lukas Gebauer.   </p>

Those using ClamAV in Mercury don't use any 'on-access' scanning features so it should not be an issue.

Those using ClamAV in Mercury don't use any 'on-access' scanning features so it should not be an issue.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft