Community Discussions and Support
Rule help save email to txt file please

I think Pegasus can do what you want.

Pegasus stores new messages as *.cnm files in the mailbox directory. Other folders (i.e. copies of sent messages) are stored in compound files + indexes.

Therefore, if you would write a filter rule that moves all new mail where subject <> "specificsubject" to a 'to be read' folder, your separate program could check for new *.cnm files that are at least 1 minute old (give the rule some time to do its work).
Another option is to write a rule that appends the message to a specific file somewhere on your system. Which is best depends on how flexible your 'separate program is'.

Writing filter rules is very straightforward with Pegasus - give it a try.

&lt;P&gt;I think Pegasus can do what you want.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Pegasus stores new messages as *.cnm files in&amp;nbsp;the&amp;nbsp;mailbox directory. Other folders (i.e. copies of sent messages) are stored in compound files + indexes.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Therefore, if you would write a filter rule that moves all new mail where subject &amp;lt;&amp;gt; &quot;specificsubject&quot; to a &#039;to be read&#039; folder, your separate program could check for new *.cnm files that are at least 1 minute old (give the rule some time to do its work). Another option is to write a rule that&amp;nbsp;appends the message to a specific file somewhere on your system. Which is best depends on how flexible your &#039;separate program is&#039;.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Writing filter rules is very straightforward with Pegasus - give it a try.&lt;/P&gt;

I have been trying to find an email program that will check my pop3 ssl yahoo plus email account.

I need to know if Pegasus can do the following things: 

IF subject line of email = "SPECIFICSUBJECT"
then save the email text of that email into a .txt file in a specific folder
endif

If Pegasus could name the files using an ascending number structure, that would be great. Such as, 1.txt and 2.txt and 3.txt OR SPECIFICSUBJECT1.txt and SPECIFICSUBJECT2.txt

I need Pegasus Mail to do this without any user actions at all.
I have a separate program that is monitoring the specific folder(s) to see if new text files are being added.

&lt;p&gt;I have been trying to find an email program that will check my pop3 ssl yahoo plus email account.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I need to know if Pegasus can do the following things:&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IF subject line of email = &quot;SPECIFICSUBJECT&quot; then save the email text of that email into a .txt file in a specific folder endif&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;If Pegasus could name the files using an ascending number structure, that would be great. Such as, 1.txt and 2.txt and 3.txt OR SPECIFICSUBJECT1.txt and SPECIFICSUBJECT2.txt &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I need Pegasus Mail to do this without any user actions at all. I have a separate program that is monitoring the specific folder(s) to see if new text files are being added. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft