Community Discussions and Support
I may just be a little picky, still need answers . . .

The "Change user" function is heavily deprecated now, and will vanish from the next version onwards: the mechanics of maintaining this function are just too hard with the burgeoning features in the program. I'm fairly sure that this function is either directly or indirectly responsible for some of the more difficult to track problems in the program, especially problems with HIERARCH.PM and folder index damage.

Instead, use the -MS commandline switch to start multiple Pegasus Mail sessions for each user you have. This is much the better way of doing things.

Cheers!

-- David --

The "Change user" function is heavily deprecated now, and will vanish from the next version onwards: the mechanics of maintaining this function are just too hard with the burgeoning features in the program. I'm fairly sure that this function is either directly or indirectly responsible for some of the more difficult to track problems in the program, especially problems with HIERARCH.PM and folder index damage. Instead, use the -MS commandline switch to start multiple Pegasus Mail sessions for each user you have. This is much the better way of doing things. Cheers! -- David --

Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas USofA,

I have used PMail in Win98SE for many years, now on XP SP-2.  In Win98SE had separate  StandAlone windows for each of my e-mail addies using command line switches in an earlier version.  Now I am using just one copy open and Alt+F, Change User . . . function.  When changing to another 'alter ego' (different e-mail addy) the New Message panel is not opening to fill the full window.  I do not use the three panel form for the preview area, 'Folders'-full panel, 'New Mail Folder'-full panel.  Also use the tabs located at the bottom above the status-bar which requires me to click the black downward pointing arrow lower right corner, to turn it up and then back down to show the slide bar on the right side and if there is one across the bottom of the window.  That arrow is next to the 'Online'/'Offline' indicator and the 'Stop Pegasus Mail's current session'.

If you have any questions about this just ask, I will check back tomorrow morn, it is now 2054Hrs and I am up about 0500 every morning,

Edited above line to clearify.  by NTxLS 

Thank you for reading this mess, 

CU L8R,

NTxLS 

<p>Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas USofA,</p><p>I have used PMail in Win98SE for many years, now on XP SP-2.  In Win98SE had separate  StandAlone windows for each of my e-mail addies using command line switches in an earlier version.  Now I am using just one copy open and Alt+F, Change User . . . function.  When changing to another 'alter ego' (different e-mail addy) the New Message panel is not opening to fill the full window.  I do not use the three panel form for the preview area, 'Folders'-full panel, 'New Mail Folder'-full panel.  Also use the tabs located at the bottom above the status-bar which requires me to click the black downward pointing arrow lower right corner, to turn it up and then back down to show the slide bar on the right side and if there is one across the bottom of the window.  That arrow is next to the 'Online'/'Offline' indicator and the 'Stop Pegasus Mail's current session'.</p><p>If you have any questions about this just ask, I will check back tomorrow morn, it is now 2054Hrs and I am up about 0500 every morning,</p><p>Edited above line to clearify.  by NTxLS </p><p>Thank you for reading this mess, </p><p>CU L8R,</p><p>NTxLS </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft