Community Discussions and Support
How To Show HTML Image-Links in Emails?

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.  That would save the step of having to locate and then replace.[/quote]

I've now added some hints to the history file. Aside from this, there's another update providing two minor fixes I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss. [;)]

<p>[quote user="Brian Fluet"]One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.  That would save the step of having to locate and then replace.[/quote]</p><p>I've now added some hints to the history file. Aside from this, there's <a mce_href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx" target="_blank" href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx">another update</a> providing two minor fixes I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss. [;)] </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

What I assume are meant to be HTML images are blank, appearing as non-clickable gray boxes. I would like to turn them ON--preferably for selected emails.

There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM. Forwarding such emails does not work; the content gets stripped out. Therefore, I can never confirm. 

Can I change this, universally or individually? How about after the fact, once the email has already been received?

Thanks! 
<div> </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>What I assume are meant to be HTML images are blank, appearing as non-clickable gray boxes. I would like to turn them ON--preferably for selected emails.</div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM. Forwarding such emails does not work; the content gets stripped out. Therefore, I can never confirm. </span></div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Can I change this, universally or individually? How about after the fact, once the email has already been received?</span></div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks! </span></div>

I'm assuming you have Pegasus Mail last version and its HTML renderers (IERenderer and BearHTML) also up to date (see my signature).

[quote user="jomar2"]

What I assume are meant to be HTML images are blank, appearing as non-clickable gray boxes. I would like to turn them ON--preferably for selected emails.

There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM. Forwarding such emails does not work; the content gets stripped out. Therefore, I can never confirm. 

Can I change this, universally or individually? How about after the fact, once the email has already been received?

Thanks! 

[/quote]

You can do it many ways:

1. mouse right-click your message body (empty part) and  pick Show pictures (HTML only)
  2. mouse right-click your message body (empty part) and  pick Add sender's address to... > Allow remote graphics list
  3. pick from the main toolbar Tools > Options... > Incoming mail > Message reader >  Display remote-linked graphics in messages... and select a suitable option.

Pegasus Mail does not show remote graphics by default. It uses Manually (by right-click) only for security reasons, but anyone can choose Automatically if a connection exists if (s)he thinks risk is acceptable. Option #2 above will include sender's address in #3's Exceptions...

N.B. These settings are by Identity.
<p>I'm assuming you have Pegasus Mail last version and its HTML renderers (IERenderer and BearHTML) also up to date (see my signature). </p><p>[quote user="jomar2"]</p><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>What I assume are meant to be HTML images are blank, appearing as non-clickable gray boxes. I would like to turn them ON--preferably for selected emails.</div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM. Forwarding such emails does not work; the content gets stripped out. Therefore, I can never confirm. </span></div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Can I change this, universally or individually? How about after the fact, once the email has already been received?</span></div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks! </span></div><p>[/quote]</p><p>You can do it many ways:</p><ol><li>mouse right-click your message body (empty part) and  pick <b>Show pictures (HTML only)</b></li><li>mouse right-click your message body (empty part) and  pick <b>Add sender's address to... > Allow remote graphics list</b></li><li>pick from the main toolbar <b>Tools > Options... > Incoming mail > Message reader >  Display remote-linked graphics in messages...</b> and select a suitable option.</li></ol><div> </div><div>Pegasus Mail does not show remote graphics by default. It uses <b>Manually (by right-click) only</b> for security reasons, but anyone can choose <b>Automatically if a connection exists</b> if (s)he thinks risk is acceptable. Option #2 above will include sender's address in #3's <b>Exceptions...</b></div><div> </div><div><b>N.B.</b> These settings are <i>by Identity</i>. </div>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

A fourth option, and my preferred one, is to right-click on the message (not on one of the gray boxes) and select "Open message in web browser...".  The rendering of the message will likely be better and, if you'll be clicking a hyperlink anyway, it's my logic to start in a browser, especially one with scripting blocked, but that's a different discussion.

I do have a number of white listed senders (Eulers' option #2) but I almost never click a link from within Pegasus Mail.

<p>A fourth option, and my preferred one, is to right-click on the message (not on one of the gray boxes) and select "Open message in web browser...".  The rendering of the message will likely be better and, if you'll be clicking a hyperlink anyway, it's my logic to start in a browser, especially one with scripting blocked, but that's a different discussion.</p><p>I do have a number of white listed senders (Eulers' option #2) but I almost never click a link from within Pegasus Mail. </p>

[quote user="jomar2"]There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM.[/quote] As far as I know so far it's not "for example, confirmation emails--instagram", it's actually only instagram, and it's broken HTML unless they changed it recently. I've already modified IERenderer so it can at least guarantee that those links work after opening such messages in your browser via Pegasus Mail's context menu, but there's no way to work around this issue without degrading performance for all other HTML mails as well. I've not yet released this IER update yet, though. Displaying the images won't help.

I may take a look at this issue again, maybe I've got another idea meanwhile, but I don't think so.

<p>[quote user="jomar2"]<span style="font-size: 10pt;">There are, for example, confirmation emails--instagram, etc.--whose links or buttons do not appear in PM.</span>[/quote] As far as I know so far it's not "for example, confirmation emails--instagram", it's actually <i>only</i> instagram, and it's broken HTML unless they changed it recently. I've already modified IERenderer so it can at least guarantee that those links work after opening such messages in your browser via Pegasus Mail's context menu, but there's no way to work around this issue without degrading performance for all other HTML mails as well. I've not yet released this IER update yet, though. Displaying the images won't help.</p> <p>I may take a look at this issue again, maybe I've got another idea meanwhile, but I don't think so. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thank you all!

I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade.

As to Instagram only---I'm looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it's full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I'm waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable.

My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.

<p>Thank you all! </p><p>I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade. As to Instagram only---I'm looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it's full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I'm waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable. My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.</p>

Vivaldi portable?  Only browsers known to the system (except Edge) will show in the right-click open in web browser list.  My list includes IE, FF, & Vivaldi.

Vivaldi portable?  Only browsers known to the system (except Edge) will show in the right-click open in web browser list.  My list includes IE, FF, & Vivaldi.

[quote user="jomar2"]I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade.[/quote]

First thing to do if something doesn't work is, of course, to use the most recent version of Pegasus Mail. After updating you may need more recent updates of it's HTML renderers, the easiest way for picking up the most recent versions is to open the debug post on top of the support forum containing the relevant links to the HTML renderers' download locations. After doing so we may discuss additional options.

<p>[quote user="jomar2"]I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade.[/quote]</p><p>First thing to do if something doesn't work is, of course, to use the most recent version of Pegasus Mail. After updating you may need more recent updates of it's HTML renderers, the easiest way for picking up the most recent versions is to open the <a mce_href="/forums/thread/31478.aspx" target="_blank" href="/forums/thread/31478.aspx">debug post on top of the support forum</a> containing the relevant links to the HTML renderers' download locations. After doing so we may discuss additional options. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="jomar2"]

Thank you all!

I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade.

As to Instagram only---I'm looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it's full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I'm waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable.

My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.

[/quote]

You're not rendering these mails with IERenderer, right? BearHTML do not support CSS3. For certain messages IERenderer is the only way to go. Of course you can also open the message on your browser as already advised.

[quote user="jomar2"]<p>Thank you all! </p><p>I'm on 4.6 now so don't have some of these options. I'll copy PMAIL directory and then upgrade. As to Instagram only---I'm looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it's full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I'm waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable. My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You're not rendering these mails with IERenderer, right? BearHTML do not support CSS3. For certain messages IERenderer is the only way to go. Of course you can also open the message on your browser as already advised. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

[quote user="jomar2"]As to Instagram only---I'm looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it's full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I'm waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable.[/quote]

Like I wrote before it's broken HTML that causes this issue in Instagram mails (see below for a sample where only the blue "button" is clickable), I've now created a workaround for it in my upcoming IER update (today or tomorrow, I suppose). If there are other originators involved as well I need sample messages, please forward them unaltered (!) to <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>, that is forward them attached to another message or as zipped CNM files (from Pegasus Mail's new mail directory) with a "speaking" subject so I can tell them apart from all the spam on this account.

And, BTW: It does not matter, whether images are displayed as gray placeholders or actual images to be clickable in IER, the functionality is not affected by their replacement, only their trackability and privacy impairment is!

[quote user="jomar2"]My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.[/quote]

IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint!

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;jomar2&quot;]As to Instagram only---I&#039;m looking at an Apple receipt for an app subscription, and it&#039;s full of unclickable gray boxes. I get a good number of emails like that from businesses. (Also, yes, Instagram subscriptions.) Right now I&#039;m waiting on a PayPal invoice, and expect the PAY NOW button to be unusable.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Like I wrote before it&#039;s broken HTML that causes this issue in Instagram mails (see below for a sample where only the blue &quot;button&quot; is clickable), I&#039;ve now created a workaround for it in my upcoming IER update (today or tomorrow, I suppose). If there are other originators involved as well I need sample messages, please forward them unaltered (!) to &amp;lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&amp;gt;, that is forward them attached to another message or as zipped CNM files (from Pegasus Mail&#039;s new mail directory) with a &quot;speaking&quot; subject so I can tell them apart from all the spam on this account. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And, BTW: It does &lt;i&gt;not&lt;/i&gt; matter, whether images are displayed as gray placeholders or actual images to be clickable in IER, the functionality is &lt;i&gt;not&lt;/i&gt; affected by their replacement, only their trackability and privacy impairment is! &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;jomar2&quot;]My browser of choice is Vivaldi, which is built on Chrome. Right clicking to open in browser does not show Vivaldi or Chrome, though it does show some much more obscure browsers like Flashpeak, Avant, and Sleipnir.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint! &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint![/quote]

Turns out I had this check already implemented, the update is now available at <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint![/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Turns out I had this check already implemented, the update is now available at &amp;lt;&lt;a mce_href=&quot;/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; href=&quot;/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&quot;&gt;http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&amp;gt;. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"][quote user="idw"]IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint![/quote]

Turns out I had this check already implemented, the update is now available at <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>.[/quote]

Sorry for another release, but I forgot to reenable a better performance feature after implementing a workaround for broken HTML messages, see the version history for details ... :-/

[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;][quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]IER picks its list of browsers from the Registry without checking their actual existance, maybe I should implement such a check now, thanks for your hint![/quote]&lt;p&gt;Turns out I had this check already implemented, the update is now available at &amp;lt;&lt;a mce_href=&quot;/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; href=&quot;/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&quot;&gt;http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&amp;gt;.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Sorry for another release, but I forgot to reenable a better performance feature after implementing a workaround for broken HTML messages, see the version history for details ... :-/ &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi Michael,

Could you additionally provide all necessary files in a zip file? For our Mercury/Pmail network installation I would prefer replacing the affected files at the server instead of a setup each time.

&lt;p&gt;Hi Michael,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Could you additionally provide all necessary files in a zip file? For our Mercury/Pmail network installation I would prefer replacing the affected files at the server instead of a setup each time. &lt;/p&gt;

The Innounpacker utility that Michael suggests on the download page works well for extracting the files from ierenderersetup.exe.  It's a command line tool that is pretty easy to use. 

One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.  That would save the step of having to locate and then replace.

&lt;p&gt;The Innounpacker utility that Michael suggests on the download page works well for extracting the files from ierenderersetup.exe.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s a command line tool that is pretty easy to use.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.&amp;nbsp; That would save the step of having to locate and then replace. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Just updated by using the setup from a client machine. The setup finds my server installation without problems. Different IERenderer files have been updated within the PROGRAMS folder and within separate IER subfolder, including the VIEWERS.PM, we discussed recently.

But this time it works without need to replace the viewers.pm with the previous one. No crashes when opening html mails as I experienced with one of the last IER updates. [Y]

edit:

Why IER still doesn't show all external linked images, even external images have been activated? Often 99% of the linked images within such a html mail will be shown but some others not. They are marked with a small crossed black rectangle and the description "Temporary Redirect (307)". What doest it mean? Other Mail Clients are able to show them. Michael, maybe you have also subscribed to the Heise Security News. This is a nice example where the Heise Logo at the top of the mail is not visible.

&lt;p&gt;Just updated by using the setup from a client machine. The setup finds my server installation without problems. Different IERenderer files have been updated within the PROGRAMS folder and within separate IER subfolder, including the VIEWERS.PM, we discussed recently.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But this time it works without need to replace the viewers.pm with the previous one. No crashes when opening html mails as I experienced with one of the last IER updates. [Y]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;edit:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Why IER still doesn&#039;t show all external linked images, even external images have been activated? Often 99% of the linked images within such a html mail will be shown but some others not. They are marked with a small crossed black rectangle and the description &quot;Temporary Redirect (307)&quot;. What doest it mean? Other Mail Clients are able to show them. Michael, maybe you have also subscribed to the Heise Security News. This is a nice example where the Heise Logo at the top of the mail is not visible. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.  That would save the step of having to locate and then replace.[/quote]

When using the "-x" commandline parameter you get the the following result: The files are extracted to the following directories: {app} = Pegasus Mail's ...\programs\... subdirectory, {app}\IERenderer = the ...\IERenderer\... subdirectory in there and {code_GetFFFPath} = any user's Newmail directory or the the {app} directory (depending on whether selected users or all of them are supposed to use IER), the fff-file in there needs to contain the proper path to the location of IERenderer.dll (it usually doesn't need to be changed). Users of the German version need to rename the fff-file's extension to .fde or add a respective copy if they want to allow dual use. I'll add something like this to the history file.

[edited 19.01.2020, 22:40h UTC + 1]

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]One thing that I think would help is a text file that advises which files go where.&amp;nbsp; That would save the step of having to locate and then replace.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When using the &quot;-x&quot; commandline parameter you get the the following result: The files are extracted to the following directories: {app} = Pegasus Mail&#039;s ...\programs\... subdirectory, {app}\IERenderer = the ...\IERenderer\... subdirectory in there and {code_GetFFFPath} = any user&#039;s Newmail directory or the the {app} directory (depending on whether selected users or all of them are supposed to use IER), the fff-file in there needs to contain the proper path to the location of IERenderer.dll (it usually doesn&#039;t need to be changed). Users of the German version need to rename the fff-file&#039;s extension to .fde or add a respective copy if they want to allow dual use. I&#039;ll add something like this to the history file. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[edited 19.01.2020, 22:40h UTC + 1] &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="Joerg"]Why IER still doesn't show all external linked images, even external images have been activated? Often 99% of the linked images within such a html mail will be shown but some others not. They are marked with a small crossed black rectangle and the description "Temporary Redirect (307)". What doest it mean? Other Mail Clients are able to show them. Michael, maybe you have also subscribed to the Heise Security News. This is a nice example where the Heise Logo at the top of the mail is not visible.
[/quote]

Well, excuse me for a little rant here: Somebody else here who's job I need to do? Most of you certainly use Pegasus Mail because of it's special privacy/security/safety features, and I always tried to keep IER in line with these expectations. IOW: IER should avoid to follow redirections since you never know where you get directed to in such cases, so I implemented a security option disabling redirections by default in IER's configuration which affects image redirections as well as message source redirections. One of my expectations towards you would be to have checked IER's docs and options for understanding these features.

So well again, to come to an happy ending here: If you enable redirection in IER's configuration you will finally get to see these images you have been missing so far. And just for the record: I'm a longtime subscriber to the Heise Security Newsletter. [:)]

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]Why IER still doesn&#039;t show all external linked images, even external images have been activated? Often 99% of the linked images within such a html mail will be shown but some others not. They are marked with a small crossed black rectangle and the description &quot;Temporary Redirect (307)&quot;. What doest it mean? Other Mail Clients are able to show them. Michael, maybe you have also subscribed to the Heise Security News. This is a nice example where the Heise Logo at the top of the mail is not visible. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Well, excuse me for a little rant here: Somebody else here who&#039;s job I need to do? Most of you certainly use Pegasus Mail because of it&#039;s special privacy/security/safety features, and I always tried to keep IER in line with these expectations. IOW: IER should avoid to follow redirections since you never know where you get directed to in such cases, so I implemented a security option disabling redirections by default in IER&#039;s configuration which affects image redirections as well as message source redirections. One of my expectations towards you would be to have checked IER&#039;s docs and options for understanding these features.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So well again, to come to an happy ending here: If you enable redirection in IER&#039;s configuration you will finally get to see these images you have been missing so far. And just for the record: I&#039;m a longtime subscriber to the Heise Security Newsletter. [:)] &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]... Well, excuse me for a little rant here: Somebody else here who's job I need to do? Most of you certainly use Pegasus Mail because of it's special privacy/security/safety features, and I always tried to keep IER in line with these expectations. IOW: IER should avoid to follow redirections since you never know where you get directed to in such cases, so I implemented a security option disabling redirections by default in IER's configuration which affects image redirections as well as message source redirections. One of my expectations towards you would be to have checked IER's docs and options for understanding these features.

So well again, to come to an happy ending here: If you enable redirection in IER's configuration you will finally get to see these images you have been missing so far. And just for the record: I'm a longtime subscriber to the Heise Security Newsletter [:)]

[/quote]

[:D]  No problem Michael, you are right. Sorry for my ignorance. But you have to understand the other hand also a little bit: I'm not a full-time IT admin in our small company like many others here, but have to maintain the hard- and software beside my "normal" work. And that's why I adjust as many things as much in the easiest way to get the most reliable performance that I can to forget it and take care of my normal work. It's not the best situation, I know. But once adjusted, Pmail runs and I can forget it. That's why we still using it and I would like to thank all of the programmers for their great work.

But Pegasus Mail also needs many different "third-party" add-ons, like IER, BearHtml, Pmical, etc. to achieve a similar functionality of other modern mail clients. And for each add-on we have to read another manual or doc. That's why the advantage of Pmail could also to be understood as disadvantage. While I could choose "check for updates" with other softwares, I have to check all installed Pmail add-ons manually, has to remember how to install them or what has to be observed when installing them on a server.

Further my users often bother me: "why my html mails look so unlovely." In that case I show them how to activate external image links within mails, but have forgotten why still some images keep hidden.

I guess as long as such forums are available, users (like me) will ask the same questions again and again, and programmers and guys who have a notion of something will answer again and again. Sorry for that.

Nevertheless thanks for answering and giving me a clue where I could find something about the linked images.

[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]... Well, excuse me for a little rant here: Somebody else here who&#039;s job I need to do? Most of you certainly use Pegasus Mail because of it&#039;s special privacy/security/safety features, and I always tried to keep IER in line with these expectations. IOW: IER should avoid to follow redirections since you never know where you get directed to in such cases, so I implemented a security option disabling redirections by default in IER&#039;s configuration which affects image redirections as well as message source redirections. One of my expectations towards you would be to have checked IER&#039;s docs and options for understanding these features.&lt;p&gt;So well again, to come to an happy ending here: If you enable redirection in IER&#039;s configuration you will finally get to see these images you have been missing so far. And just for the record: I&#039;m a longtime subscriber to the Heise Security Newsletter [:)] &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[:D]&amp;nbsp; No problem Michael, you are right. Sorry for my ignorance. But you have to understand the other hand also a little bit: I&#039;m not a full-time IT admin in our small company like many others here, but have to maintain the hard- and software beside my &quot;normal&quot; work. And that&#039;s why I adjust as many things as much in the easiest way to get the most reliable performance that I can &lt;b&gt;to forget it and take care of my normal work&lt;/b&gt;. It&#039;s not the best situation, I know. But once adjusted, Pmail runs and I can forget it. That&#039;s why we still using it and I would like to thank all of the programmers for their great work. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But Pegasus Mail also needs many different &quot;third-party&quot; add-ons, like IER, BearHtml, Pmical, etc. to achieve a similar functionality of other modern mail clients. And for each add-on we have to read another manual or doc. That&#039;s why the advantage of Pmail could also to be understood as disadvantage. While I could choose &quot;check for updates&quot; with other softwares, I have to check all installed Pmail add-ons manually, has to remember how to install them or what has to be observed when installing them on a server.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Further my users often bother me: &quot;why my html mails look so unlovely.&quot; In that case I show them how to activate external image links within mails, but have forgotten why still some images keep hidden. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I guess as long as such forums are available, users (like me) will ask the same questions again and again, and programmers and guys who have a notion of something will answer again and again. Sorry for that. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Nevertheless thanks for answering and giving me a clue where I could find something about the linked images. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Joerg"][:D]  No problem Michael, you are right. Sorry for my ignorance. But you have to understand the other hand also a little bit: I'm not a full-time IT admin in our small company like many others here, but have to maintain the hard- and software beside my "normal" work. And that's why I adjust as many things as much in the easiest way to get the most reliable performance that I can to forget it and take care of my normal work.[/quote]

I'm doing all the work for Pegasus Mail in my spare time as long as it's fun doing so. Due to my job conditions I wasn't able to keep it up to date until about a year ago, so I know something about what you're telling me. Because of my health conditions I'm going to resign from my job this year which will again change a lot in my life, but I think I can keep up providing support for Pegasus Mail nevertheless for the foreseeable future ...

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;][:D]&amp;nbsp; No problem Michael, you are right. Sorry for my ignorance. But you have to understand the other hand also a little bit: I&#039;m not a full-time IT admin in our small company like many others here, but have to maintain the hard- and software beside my &quot;normal&quot; work. And that&#039;s why I adjust as many things as much in the easiest way to get the most reliable performance that I can &lt;b&gt;to forget it and take care of my normal work&lt;/b&gt;.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m doing all the work for Pegasus Mail in my spare time as long as it&#039;s fun doing so. Due to my job conditions I wasn&#039;t able to keep it up to date until about a year ago, so I know something about what you&#039;re telling me. Because of my health conditions I&#039;m going to resign from my job this year which will again change a lot in my life, but I think I can keep up providing support for Pegasus Mail nevertheless for the foreseeable future ... &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft