Community Discussions and Support
Eeek, some keystroke(s) changed message window to source code view

[quote user="mollym"]

OK, I'm writing along and I evidently hit some key or combination of keys that changed the text view to source code -- with no visible way to change it back to text.Can't find any help either here or in Firefox.

If the keystrokes (or however I did this) are peculiar to this forum, can anyone tell me...

how I did this

Is it a toggle

and if not, how can I revert to the normal message writing view?

================

And if I hit some Firefox "show source code" combination, perhaps someone who's more familiar with, or more patient with, Firefox can help me find the answer?

TIA

molly

[/quote]

After a few decades using Pegasus Mail this is the first time I heard of such "feature", but who knows the keystrokes that make TER tickle... Are we talking about Pegasus Mail or something else? If so, can we infer "source code" is a message RAW view? Please elaborate.

[quote user="mollym"]<p>OK, I'm writing along and I evidently hit some key or combination of keys that changed the text view to source code -- with no visible way to change it back to text.Can't find any help either here or in Firefox. </p><p>If the keystrokes (or however I did this) are peculiar to this forum, can anyone tell me...</p><p>how I did this</p><p>Is it a toggle</p><p>and if not, how can I revert to the normal message writing view?</p><p>================</p><p>And if I hit some Firefox "show source code" combination, perhaps someone who's more familiar with, or more patient with, Firefox can help me find the answer?</p><p>TIA</p><p>molly </p><p>  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>After a few decades using Pegasus Mail this is the first time I heard of such "feature", but who knows the keystrokes that make TER tickle... Are we talking about Pegasus Mail or something else? If so, can we infer "source code" is a message RAW view? Please elaborate. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

OK, I'm writing along and I evidently hit some key or combination of keys that changed the text view to source code -- with no visible way to change it back to text.Can't find any help either here or in Firefox.

If the keystrokes (or however I did this) are peculiar to this forum, can anyone tell me...

how I did this

Is it a toggle

and if not, how can I revert to the normal message writing view?

================

And if I hit some Firefox "show source code" combination, perhaps someone who's more familiar with, or more patient with, Firefox can help me find the answer?

TIA

molly

<p>OK, I'm writing along and I evidently hit some key or combination of keys that changed the text view to source code -- with no visible way to change it back to text.Can't find any help either here or in Firefox. </p><p>If the keystrokes (or however I did this) are peculiar to this forum, can anyone tell me...</p><p>how I did this</p><p>Is it a toggle</p><p>and if not, how can I revert to the normal message writing view?</p><p>================</p><p>And if I hit some Firefox "show source code" combination, perhaps someone who's more familiar with, or more patient with, Firefox can help me find the answer?</p><p>TIA</p><p>molly </p><p>  </p>

If you are talking about "writing along" as in creating a post on this forum, and you had some text selected, a right click followed by an "e" would trigger the "View selection source" function.  I don't know if this is what happened though because it opens up in a new Firefox tab so should not cause confusion about how to return to the forum page.

If you are talking about "writing along" as in creating a post on this forum, and you had some text selected, a right click followed by an "e" would trigger the "View selection source" function.  I don't know if this is what happened though because it opens up in a new Firefox tab so should not cause confusion about how to return to the forum page.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft