Community Discussions and Support
PMServer.txt

Thank you, Brian and Euler -

The pmserver.txt file is signed by Chris Floyd at caladmin.com. It finally dawned on me I should try his old email address to at least see if he's still there. Will let you know if anything turns up.

Meanwhile, my network setup is such a cobbled together mess I won't trouble you with those details.

Thanks again,

<p>Thank you, Brian and Euler -</p><p>The pmserver.txt file is signed by Chris Floyd at caladmin.com. It finally dawned on me I should try his old email address to at least see if he's still there. Will let you know if anything turns up.</p><p>Meanwhile, my network setup is such a cobbled together mess I won't trouble you with those details.</p><p>Thanks again,</p><p> </p>

Greetings -

Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?

Many thanks in advance.

And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!

<p>Greetings -</p><p> </p><p>Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks in advance.</p><p> And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

[quote user="denniss"]

Greetings -

Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?

Many thanks in advance.

And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!

[/quote]

I'm afraid I've never heard about this file. Anyway, there are several discussions about the use of Pegasus Mail on a LAN (with and without Mercury32) on the Listserv mailing list. You can search its archives after a subject like "Attempting to set up computer access across network not succeeding". The year was 2012...

TTBOMK I think it is a matter of setting the correct path to the remote home mailbox via UNC using Pconfig. You'll see they had problems to make it work on W7 at that time, not a problem today as Pconfig is a Win32 binary today.

I was trying to find a message from Thomas Stephenson explaining why Pegasus Mail is not a simple e-mail client but a full mail system. Unfortunately I fail to locate his explanation to me which included a full lesson on how to setup Pegasus Mail on a LAN for multiple users. Tomorrow I'll try on my own archives...

[quote user="denniss"]<p>Greetings -</p><p> </p><p>Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks in advance.</p><p> And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I'm afraid I've never heard about this file. Anyway, there are several discussions about the use of Pegasus Mail on a LAN (with and without Mercury32) on the Listserv mailing list. You can search its archives after a subject like "Attempting to set up computer access across network not succeeding". The year was 2012...</p><p>TTBOMK I think it is a matter of setting the correct path to the remote home mailbox via UNC using Pconfig. You'll see they had problems to make it work on W7 at that time, not a problem today as Pconfig is a Win32 binary today.</p><p>I was trying to find a message from Thomas Stephenson explaining why Pegasus Mail is not a simple e-mail client but a full mail system. Unfortunately I fail to locate his explanation to me which included a full lesson on how to setup Pegasus Mail on a LAN for multiple users. Tomorrow I'll try on my own archives... </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I have a pdf document that might help.  It's titled Network Administrator's Guide, DOS and Windows Versions.  It's heavy on Netware but the Windows related stuff is in there too.  Send me a PM with your email address if you would like me to send it to you.

I run a network installation of Pegasus Mail at the office so can probably help with specific questions. 

<p>I have a pdf document that might help.  It's titled <i>Network Administrator's Guide, DOS and Windows Versions</i>.  It's heavy on Netware but the Windows related stuff is in there too.  Send me a PM with your email address if you would like me to send it to you. </p><p>I run a network installation of Pegasus Mail at the office so can probably help with specific questions.  </p>
This topic is closed
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft