Community Discussions and Support
Very slow opening of mail

I changed the default printer and it works now like before! THANK YOU!

[B] I changed the default printer and it works now like before! THANK YOU!

Hi!

I am using Pegasus for a couple of years. With no or small problems. Now I have a bigger problem and I need some help.

Today in the morning I noticed that mail opening is very, very slow. From double click on mail to the time I can read it takes about 1 minute. New mail downloads to local SSD.

During these 60 seconds, PMail window goes gray and Task manager reports "Not responding". After 60 secs everything works.

I tried a lot of stuff:
- update to the latest version
- brand new installation
- restore from backup from yesterday
- deleting of older mail
- changed browser settings
- installed HTML renderer
- uninstalled HTML renderer
- tested HTML and TXT mail - both are slow to open

What is slow?
- mail open (HTML, TXT, with or without attachments)
- reply to mail
- start new mail
- send all queued mail

What is fast as before?
- retrieve mail from server
- delete mail
- move mail to another folder
- send mail to the queue manager

I used stopwatch - every time 60seconds.

Windows 8,1, no updates lately (as far as I know). My wife has the same configuration, no problems.

Any idea what to check?

BR,
Vito

<p>Hi! I am using Pegasus for a couple of years. With no or small problems. Now I have a bigger problem and I need some help. Today in the morning I noticed that mail opening is very, very slow. From double click on mail to the time I can read it takes about 1 minute. New mail downloads to local SSD.</p><p>During these 60 seconds, PMail window goes gray and Task manager reports "Not responding". After 60 secs everything works. </p><p>I tried a lot of stuff: - update to the latest version - brand new installation - restore from backup from yesterday - deleting of older mail - changed browser settings - installed HTML renderer - uninstalled HTML renderer - tested HTML and TXT mail - both are slow to open </p><p>What is slow? - mail open (HTML, TXT, with or without attachments) - reply to mail - start new mail - send all queued mail What is fast as before? - retrieve mail from server - delete mail - move mail to another folder - send mail to the queue manager   I used stopwatch - every time 60seconds.</p><p>Windows 8,1, no updates lately (as far as I know). My wife has the same configuration, no problems. Any idea what to check? BR, Vito</p>

Here are my notes-to-self on slowness.

In the Pegasus Mail menu Tools > Options > General settings > Advanced settings  ensure that the "Load Windows Internet Services" option is set to "Always"

Make sure you have a default printer in place and that it is accessible by the OS.  Pegasus Mail attempts to poll the default printer driver for font information.  If one is not installed it will cause delays.  Some printer drivers poll the printer itself in which the printer being turned off or not available (eg: network printer not accessible) will cause the delays.

<p>Here are my notes-to-self on slowness.</p><p>In the Pegasus Mail menu Tools > Options > General settings > Advanced settings  ensure that the "Load Windows Internet Services" option is set to "Always" Make sure you have a default printer in place and that it is accessible by the OS.  Pegasus Mail attempts to poll the default printer driver for font information.  If one is not installed it will cause delays.  Some printer drivers poll the printer itself in which the printer being turned off or not available (eg: network printer not accessible) will cause the delays. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft