Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus won't recognize graphic links. Will this ever be fixed?

I emailed Support at Shortkeys and he gave me some things to try, but before I could try them, I started IERenderer again, then opened the new mail folder again, tried replying to an email with a macro, and it worked! Yay! So thanks guys and if it does that again, I can try their suggestions.

Update 1-25-2020: Another source of frustration was that emails that contained graphics were taking several seconds to load - sometimes in the order of 10 seconds. I just thought Pegasus was slow. But it seems that it was because IERender had not been turned on. Now that IERenderer is working, graphic emails open up FAST.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with this! :-D

Update 2-3-2020: IERenderer is working wonderfully, has speeded up loading of emails, AND I'm not seeing the crashes that I previously mentioned, anymore! THANK YOU!!! 

<p>I emailed Support at Shortkeys and he gave me some things to try, but before I could try them, I started IERenderer again, then opened the new mail folder again, tried replying to an email with a macro, and it worked! Yay! So thanks guys and if it does that again, I can try their suggestions.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Update 1-25-2020: Another source of frustration was that emails that contained graphics were taking several seconds to load - sometimes in the order of 10 seconds. I just thought Pegasus was slow. But it seems that it was because IERender had not been turned on. </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Now that IERenderer is working, graphic emails open up FAST.</span></p><p> Thanks to all of you who helped me with this! :-D</p><p>Update 2-3-2020: IERenderer is working wonderfully, has speeded up loading of emails, AND I'm not seeing the crashes that I previously mentioned, anymore! THANK YOU!!! </p>

This program drives me crazy when it won't recognize graphics links. Like someone sends me a graphic link and it says to click the link below, but it doesn't show up. THEN I have to forward the email to myself and open it in Thunderbird, so I can see and click on the link.

Will this ever be fixed?

I like Pegasus better than Thunderbird, and have over 55,000 emails saved in Pegasus ( part time home business since 2006 ), but these kinds of things are getting tiring, and at some point I'm just going to have to switch, unless these are fixed.

And like I said before, if the owners of Pegasus are not making decent money with this, it needs to be switched to a capitalist model, and change something after some time period, to continue using the program. If you had 5 million users, and just charged $5 for the program, you could have a development team and it would be a perfected program. 

<p><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">This program drives me crazy when it won't recognize graphics links. Like someone sends me a graphic link and it says to click the link below, but it doesn't show up. THEN I have to forward the email to myself and open it in Thunderbird, so I can see and click on the link.</span></p><p>Will this ever be fixed?</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I like Pegasus better than Thunderbird, and have over 55,000 emails saved in Pegasus ( part time home business since 2006 ), but these kinds of things are getting tiring, and at some point I'm just going to have to switch, unless these are fixed.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;"></span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">And like I said before, if the owners of Pegasus are not making decent money with this, it needs to be switched to a capitalist model, and change something after some time period, to continue using the program. If you had 5 million users, and just charged $5 for the program, you could have a development team and it would be a perfected program. </span></p>

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]Will this ever be fixed?[/quote]

Melissa, we can only fix things that we know about. I do not remember we ever got a sample mail from you for fixing such an issue. And aside from this: Internet is continuously changing, there's nothing done once for ever, even at best effort.

IIRC you're using BearHtml as your preferred HTML renderer, don't you? If so I'm afraid I can't help other than to recommend using IERenderer. If IER fails you may forward a test message to <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>, the easiest way to do this is as an attachment to a new message with a subject line somehow pointing to this forum post so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account. I can forward it to Martin Irland (for fixing BearHtml) as well, if required, BTW.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]Will this ever be fixed?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Melissa, we can only fix things that we know about. I do not remember we ever got a sample mail from you for fixing such an issue. And aside from this: Internet is continuously changing, there&#039;s nothing done once for ever, even at best effort.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IIRC you&#039;re using BearHtml as your preferred HTML renderer, don&#039;t you? If so I&#039;m afraid I can&#039;t help other than to recommend using IERenderer. If IER fails you may forward a test message to &amp;lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&amp;gt;, the easiest way to do this is as an attachment to a new message with a subject line somehow pointing to this forum post so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account. I can forward it to Martin Irland (for fixing BearHtml) as well, if required, BTW. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

[quote user="idw"]

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]Will this ever be fixed?[/quote]

Melissa, we can only fix things that we know about. I do not remember we ever got a sample mail from you for fixing such an issue. And aside from this: Internet is continuously changing, there's nothing done once for ever, even at best effort.

IIRC you're using BearHtml as your preferred HTML renderer, don't you? If so I'm afraid I can't help other than to recommend using IERenderer. If IER fails you may forward a test message to <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>, the easiest way to do this is as an attachment to a new message with a subject line somehow pointing to this forum post so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account. I can forward it to Martin Irland (for fixing BearHtml) as well, if required, BTW.

[/quote]

I don't even know what these "renderers" are. Isn't it built into the program?

[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]Will this ever be fixed?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Melissa, we can only fix things that we know about. I do not remember we ever got a sample mail from you for fixing such an issue. And aside from this: Internet is continuously changing, there&#039;s nothing done once for ever, even at best effort.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IIRC you&#039;re using BearHtml as your preferred HTML renderer, don&#039;t you? If so I&#039;m afraid I can&#039;t help other than to recommend using IERenderer. If IER fails you may forward a test message to &amp;lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&amp;gt;, the easiest way to do this is as an attachment to a new message with a subject line somehow pointing to this forum post so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account. I can forward it to Martin Irland (for fixing BearHtml) as well, if required, BTW. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;I don&#039;t even know what these &quot;renderers&quot; are. Isn&#039;t it built into the program?&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Back in 2006, Pegasus Mail could stand toe to toe with any email client out there.  Back then, email was still predominantly plain text, and images were transmitted as attached files?  Those days are gone.  HTML formatted email is now the norm with many big players creating their own HTML rules rather than abiding by RFC standards. 

The "renderers" mentioned are IERenderer and Bearhtml.  Both are components in Pegasus Mail that can handle the display of messages sent in HTML code.  I'm sure you've looked at the raw view of an HTML formatted message and can understand the work these renderers do to display the code in a readable format.

As previously mentioned, HTML email is constantly evolving and Michael (IERenderer author) and Martin (Bearhtml author) do a heck of a job chasing this evolution trying to keep the renderers current.

I am a huge fan of Pegasus Mail.  Unfortunately, it no longer works well out-of-the-box.   At least one of its rendering components must be kept current.  IERenderer uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.  This makes it the preferred renderer to have enabled.  Bearhtml exists as an alternative renderer for those who despise/distrust Internet Explorer and for those who do not have Internet Explorer installed (eg: Pegasus Mail on Linux).

So, what you first need to do is make sure IERenderer is enabled.  To do this, click on its icon and make sure "Use IERenderer" is ticked.   It's icon is located in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window, rightmost (it looks like the Pegasus Mail winged horse superimposed over an Internet Explorer logo "e").

Once you have IERenderer enable you will want to make sure you have the latest version of it installed.  The latest version is in the downloads area of this site.  The direct URL is:

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx

The "Download" link will download a zip file which contains a History.htm file (version history) and an executable file named IERenderSetup.exe.  With Pegasus Mail closed, run that executable to update IERenderer.  Unfortunately, I don't recall whether admin rights are required but I believe they are so go that route.  Once run, you will be current until the next version if IERenderer is announced by Michael on this forum.

As for Bearhtml, it is not installable by way of an executable.  It requires the manual replacement of Pegasus Mail program files.  Post back if you are interested in pursuing that.  I don't think the most current version is available from this site so we may need Martin to chime in on that. 

If renderer maintenance seems too much then Thunderbird may be the better choice.  Its version history gives me the impression that it gets updated quite often which I suspect is automated.

&lt;p&gt;Back in 2006, Pegasus Mail could stand toe to toe with any email client out there.&amp;nbsp; Back then, email was still predominantly plain text, and images were transmitted as attached files?&amp;nbsp; Those days are gone.&amp;nbsp; HTML formatted email is now the norm with many big players creating their own HTML rules rather than abiding by RFC standards.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The &quot;renderers&quot; mentioned are IERenderer and Bearhtml.&amp;nbsp; Both are components in Pegasus Mail that can handle the display of messages sent in HTML code.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;m sure you&#039;ve looked at the raw view of an HTML formatted message and can understand the work these renderers do to display the code in a readable format.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As previously mentioned, HTML email is constantly evolving and Michael (IERenderer author) and Martin (Bearhtml author) do a heck of a job chasing this evolution trying to keep the renderers current.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am a huge fan of Pegasus Mail.&amp;nbsp; Unfortunately, it no longer works well out-of-the-box.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; At least one of its rendering components must be kept current.&amp;nbsp; IERenderer uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.&amp;nbsp; This makes it the preferred renderer to have enabled.&amp;nbsp; Bearhtml exists as an alternative renderer for those who despise/distrust Internet Explorer and for those who do not have Internet Explorer installed (eg: Pegasus Mail on Linux).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So, what you first need to do is make sure IERenderer is enabled.&amp;nbsp; To do this, click on its icon and make sure &quot;Use IERenderer&quot; is ticked.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s icon is located in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window, rightmost (it looks like the Pegasus Mail winged horse superimposed over an Internet Explorer logo &quot;e&quot;).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Once you have IERenderer enable you will want to make sure you have the latest version of it installed.&amp;nbsp; The latest version is in the downloads area of this site.&amp;nbsp; The direct URL is: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The &quot;Download&quot; link will download a zip file which contains a History.htm file (version history) and an executable file named IERenderSetup.exe.&amp;nbsp; With Pegasus Mail closed, run that executable to update IERenderer.&amp;nbsp; Unfortunately, I don&#039;t recall whether admin rights are required but I believe they are so go that route.&amp;nbsp; Once run, you will be current until the next version if IERenderer is announced by Michael on this forum.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As for Bearhtml, it is not installable by way of an executable.&amp;nbsp; It requires the manual replacement of Pegasus Mail program files.&amp;nbsp; Post back if you are interested in pursuing that.&amp;nbsp; I don&#039;t think the most current version is available from this site so we may need Martin to chime in on that.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If renderer maintenance seems too much then Thunderbird may be the better choice.&amp;nbsp; Its version history gives me the impression that it gets updated quite often which I suspect is automated. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]I don't even know what these "renderers" are. Isn't it built into the program?[/quote]

This has been mentioned in an earlier thread about issues you posted, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Just forward your sample message and we'll check it for you.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;I don&#039;t even know what these &quot;renderers&quot; are. Isn&#039;t it built into the program?&lt;/span&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This has been mentioned in an earlier thread about issues you posted, otherwise I wouldn&#039;t have asked. Just forward your sample message and we&#039;ll check it for you. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]I don't even know what these "renderers" are. Isn't it built into the program?[/quote]

This has been mentioned in an earlier thread about issues you posted, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Just forward your sample message and we'll check it for you.

[/quote]

I still don't know about these renderers. Are they something I need to add, manually?...

OK, I found a message, do I forward it to you via email or just post a screen shot here? 

[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;I don&#039;t even know what these &quot;renderers&quot; are. Isn&#039;t it built into the program?&lt;/span&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This has been mentioned in an earlier thread about issues you posted, otherwise I wouldn&#039;t have asked. Just forward your sample message and we&#039;ll check it for you. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I still don&#039;t know about these renderers. Are they something I need to add, manually?...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;OK, I found a message, do I forward it to you via email or just post a screen shot here?&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Hello,

Please forward an example message to me (irelam17@telus.net). I am not speaking for Michael and IERenderer, but we are both working on display problems, especially as more businesses convert over to Html V5 and CSS3+ .   I have a solution to the Facebook/Instagram problem, which I will be including in my Bearhtml shortly, if my testing proves fruitful. So your problem messages would greatly help diagnose and fix the problems.

Thank you.

Martin 

&lt;p&gt;Hello,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Please forward an example message to me (irelam17@telus.net). I am not speaking for Michael and IERenderer, but we are both working on display problems, especially as more businesses convert over to Html V5 and CSS3+ .&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;I have a solution to the Facebook/Instagram problem, which I will be including in my Bearhtml shortly, if my testing proves fruitful. So your problem messages would greatly help diagnose and fix the problems.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]I still don't know about these renderers. Are they something I need to add, manually?[/quote]

No, they are part of Pegasus Mail and activated by default, but they are developed and updated in shorter time intervals to better keep track of recent HTML developments and allow David Harris to better focus one the core development tasks of Pegasus Mail.

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]OK, I found a message, do I forward it to you via email or just post a screen shot here?[/quote]

A screenshot won't help, I have to run it through my debugger for figuring out the details of what's going wrong. Please forward the message as an attachment to another mail (see below) using a subject line refering to this thread here so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account, here's the address (slightly modified for avoiding it to easily be harvested by spammers): <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]I still don&#039;t know about these renderers. Are they something I need to add, manually?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;No, they are part of Pegasus Mail and activated by default, but they are developed and updated in shorter time intervals to better keep track of recent HTML developments and allow David Harris to better focus one the core development tasks of Pegasus Mail. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]OK, I found a message, do I forward it to you via email or just post a screen shot here?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;A screenshot won&#039;t help, I have to run it through my debugger for figuring out the details of what&#039;s going wrong. Please forward the message as an attachment to another mail (see below) using a subject line refering to this thread here so I can tell it apart from all the spam on this account, here&#039;s the address (slightly modified for avoiding it to easily be harvested by spammers): &amp;lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&amp;gt;. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

I attempted a detailed response about the renderers on 01-21-2020 but it was moderator delayed and has just now posted but with a 01-21-2020 post date.

I attempted a detailed response about the renderers on 01-21-2020 but it was moderator delayed and has just now posted but with a 01-21-2020 post date.

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]

Back in 2006, Pegasus Mail could stand toe to toe with any email client out there.  Back then, email was still predominantly plain text, and images were transmitted as attached files?  Those days are gone.  HTML formatted email is now the norm with many big players creating their own HTML rules rather than abiding by RFC standards. 

The "renderers" mentioned are IERenderer and Bearhtml.  Both are components in Pegasus Mail that can handle the display of messages sent in HTML code.  I'm sure you've looked at the raw view of an HTML formatted message and can understand the work these renderers do to display the code in a readable format.

As previously mentioned, HTML email is constantly evolving and Michael (IERenderer author) and Martin (Bearhtml author) do a heck of a job chasing this evolution trying to keep the renderers current.

I am a huge fan of Pegasus Mail.  Unfortunately, it no longer works well out-of-the-box.   At least one of its rendering components must be kept current.  IERenderer uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.  This makes it the preferred renderer to have enabled.  Bearhtml exists as an alternative renderer for those who despise/distrust Internet Explorer and for those who do not have Internet Explorer installed (eg: Pegasus Mail on Linux).

So, what you first need to do is make sure IERenderer is enabled.  To do this, click on its icon and make sure "Use IERenderer" is ticked.   It's icon is located in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window, rightmost (it looks like the Pegasus Mail winged horse superimposed over an Internet Explorer logo "e").

Once you have IERenderer enable you will want to make sure you have the latest version of it installed.  The latest version is in the downloads area of this site.  The direct URL is:

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx

The "Download" link will download a zip file which contains a History.htm file (version history) and an executable file named IERenderSetup.exe.  With Pegasus Mail closed, run that executable to update IERenderer.  Unfortunately, I don't recall whether admin rights are required but I believe they are so go that route.  Once run, you will be current until the next version if IERenderer is announced by Michael on this forum.

As for Bearhtml, it is not installable by way of an executable.  It requires the manual replacement of Pegasus Mail program files.  Post back if you are interested in pursuing that.  I don't think the most current version is available from this site so we may need Martin to chime in on that. 

If renderer maintenance seems too much then Thunderbird may be the better choice.  Its version history gives me the impression that it gets updated quite often which I suspect is automated.

[/quote]

Brian, thank you very much for this! Everyone here has been talking to me as if I knew about all this, and I didn't. I didn't even know about the icon! 

I've always hated Microsoft Internet Explorer and have never used it. I started out around 1992, with Netscape Navigator and have always preferred that GUI. But a few years ago, I finally gave it up and went to Chrome. But I just closed the folders and enabled IErenderer ( It wasn't even enabled? ), so will try that now. Whew. and the update ( "current"? ) was in 2010. Wow! :-) 

Thanks! I will see how it goes now.  

[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Back in 2006, Pegasus Mail could stand toe to toe with any email client out there.&amp;nbsp; Back then, email was still predominantly plain text, and images were transmitted as attached files?&amp;nbsp; Those days are gone.&amp;nbsp; HTML formatted email is now the norm with many big players creating their own HTML rules rather than abiding by RFC standards.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The &quot;renderers&quot; mentioned are IERenderer and Bearhtml.&amp;nbsp; Both are components in Pegasus Mail that can handle the display of messages sent in HTML code.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;m sure you&#039;ve looked at the raw view of an HTML formatted message and can understand the work these renderers do to display the code in a readable format.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As previously mentioned, HTML email is constantly evolving and Michael (IERenderer author) and Martin (Bearhtml author) do a heck of a job chasing this evolution trying to keep the renderers current.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am a huge fan of Pegasus Mail.&amp;nbsp; Unfortunately, it no longer works well out-of-the-box.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; At least one of its rendering components must be kept current.&amp;nbsp; IERenderer uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.&amp;nbsp; This makes it the preferred renderer to have enabled.&amp;nbsp; Bearhtml exists as an alternative renderer for those who despise/distrust Internet Explorer and for those who do not have Internet Explorer installed (eg: Pegasus Mail on Linux).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So, what you first need to do is make sure IERenderer is enabled.&amp;nbsp; To do this, click on its icon and make sure &quot;Use IERenderer&quot; is ticked.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s icon is located in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window, rightmost (it looks like the Pegasus Mail winged horse superimposed over an Internet Explorer logo &quot;e&quot;).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Once you have IERenderer enable you will want to make sure you have the latest version of it installed.&amp;nbsp; The latest version is in the downloads area of this site.&amp;nbsp; The direct URL is: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The &quot;Download&quot; link will download a zip file which contains a History.htm file (version history) and an executable file named IERenderSetup.exe.&amp;nbsp; With Pegasus Mail closed, run that executable to update IERenderer.&amp;nbsp; Unfortunately, I don&#039;t recall whether admin rights are required but I believe they are so go that route.&amp;nbsp; Once run, you will be current until the next version if IERenderer is announced by Michael on this forum.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As for Bearhtml, it is not installable by way of an executable.&amp;nbsp; It requires the manual replacement of Pegasus Mail program files.&amp;nbsp; Post back if you are interested in pursuing that.&amp;nbsp; I don&#039;t think the most current version is available from this site so we may need Martin to chime in on that.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If renderer maintenance seems too much then Thunderbird may be the better choice.&amp;nbsp; Its version history gives me the impression that it gets updated quite often which I suspect is automated. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Brian, thank you very much for this! Everyone here has been talking to me as if I knew about all this, and I didn&#039;t. I didn&#039;t even know about the icon!&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve always hated Microsoft Internet Explorer and have never used it. I started out around 1992, with Netscape Navigator and have always preferred that GUI. But a few years ago, I finally gave it up and went to Chrome. But I just closed the folders and enabled IErenderer ( It wasn&#039;t even enabled? ), so will try that now. Whew. and the update ( &quot;current&quot;? ) was in 2010. Wow! :-)&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Thanks! I will see how it goes now.&amp;nbsp;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]I attempted a detailed response about the renderers on 01-21-2020 but it was moderator delayed and has just now posted but with a 01-21-2020 post date.
[/quote]

My reply from this morning still isn't here, but I have another issue, now that I figured out, and started up the latest version ( this month's ) of IERenderer 2.6.3.1.  I went to use a Shortkeys 3 Macro inside a reply email to a client, and it didn't work. I turned off IERenderer and it worked again.

I have a part time home based business here and Shortkeys is vital to it. It allows me all kind of keyboard shortcuts. For example, if I type Mel, it types out Melissa. If I type Fees1, it types out an entire page of our fees and terms, into the email. I cannot do without it, therefore now, I cannot use IERenderer.

And yes, I appear to have the very latest version of Pmail: 4.73.639. 

What now?

These issues are pushing me towards Thunderbird, which I don't want to do, but this appears to be like the old story about the person with the holes in the dike, and they keep plugging one with a finger and more keep springing up, for every one they plug? 

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]I attempted a detailed response about the renderers on 01-21-2020 but it was moderator delayed and has just now posted but with a 01-21-2020 post date. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My reply from this morning still isn&#039;t here, but I have another issue, now that I figured out, and started up the latest version ( this month&#039;s ) of IERenderer 2.6.3.1.&amp;nbsp; I went to use a Shortkeys 3 Macro inside a reply email to a client, and it didn&#039;t work. I turned off IERenderer and it worked again.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have a part time home based business here and Shortkeys is vital to it. It allows me all kind of keyboard shortcuts. For example, if I type Mel, it types out Melissa. If I type Fees1, it types out an entire page of our fees and terms, into the email. I cannot do without it, therefore now, I cannot use IERenderer.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And yes, I appear to have the very latest version of Pmail: 4.73.639.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What now?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;These issues are pushing me towards Thunderbird, which I don&#039;t want to do, but this appears to be like the old story about the person with the holes in the dike, and they keep plugging one with a finger and more keep springing up, for every one they plug?&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]What now?[/quote]

Sorry to hear. I'm using AutHotkey for such purposes and don't see any such issues. You'll certainly understand that I can't provide a single person solution, things are complex enough without doing such things. I've forwarded your crash messages to Martin Ireland so maybe he'll come up with a solution that solves your issues with IER turned off, otherwise there's no way around using Thunderbird I'm afraid.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]What now?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Sorry to hear. I&#039;m using AutHotkey for such purposes and don&#039;t see any such issues. You&#039;ll certainly understand that I can&#039;t provide a single person solution, things are complex enough without doing such things. I&#039;ve forwarded your crash messages to Martin Ireland so maybe he&#039;ll come up with a solution that solves your issues with IER turned off, otherwise there&#039;s no way around using Thunderbird I&#039;m afraid. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Consider using glossary entries in Pegasus Mail.  They work similarly to programs like Shortkeys, QuickTextPaste, & AutoHotkey.  Info about it is in the "Glossary entries" topic of the Help file.  Hopefully you would be able to create glossary entries that match the ones used in Shortkeys.

Consider using glossary entries in Pegasus Mail.&amp;nbsp; They work similarly to programs like Shortkeys, QuickTextPaste, &amp;amp; AutoHotkey.&amp;nbsp; Info about it is in the &quot;Glossary entries&quot; topic of the Help file.&amp;nbsp; Hopefully you would be able to create glossary entries that match the ones used in Shortkeys.

I have received the messages from Michael and have started reviewing them. My initial view is that there is some bad conformance to html rules, which we follow strictly.  While I continue to review, I would remind you that if you use Bearhtml, you can simply right click on the blank display, and select "Open in a browser" to see the content of the message with its remote images.

I will let you know when I have a diagnosis and plans for a solution. I would however remark that I am not getting large numbers of complaints, but I am getting large numbers of complaints about some major vendors and services like Yahoo and Ebay. It seems that I may have to add Instagram to the list of suspects.

Thank you for your message samples.

Martin 

&lt;p&gt;I have received the messages from Michael and have started reviewing them. My initial view is that there is some bad conformance to html rules, which we follow strictly.&amp;nbsp; While I continue to review, I would remind you that if you use Bearhtml, you can simply right click on the blank display, and select &quot;Open in a browser&quot; to see the content of the message with its remote images.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;I will let you know when I have a diagnosis and plans for a solution. I would however remark that I am not getting large numbers of complaints, but I am getting large numbers of complaints about some major vendors and services like Yahoo and Ebay. It seems that I may have to add Instagram to the list of suspects.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you for your message samples.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]Consider using glossary entries in Pegasus Mail.  They work similarly to programs like Shortkeys, QuickTextPaste, & AutoHotkey.  Info about it is in the "Glossary entries" topic of the Help file.  Hopefully you would be able to create glossary entries that match the ones used in Shortkeys.
[/quote]

Thanks Brian.

Well I've had weird problems with Shortkeys before - particularly relating to the Playback settings. I now have the Execution setting set to "Use keyboard for all", but have had it set to "Use clipboard for all" in the past, and had problems with it inserting things that were in the clipboard, into my macros, which can be VERY embarrassing when emailing CLIENTS. I'm no expert in the program. Maybe I can contact their Support, but I suspect that they might tell me the same thing.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]Consider using glossary entries in Pegasus Mail.&amp;nbsp; They work similarly to programs like Shortkeys, QuickTextPaste, &amp;amp; AutoHotkey.&amp;nbsp; Info about it is in the &quot;Glossary entries&quot; topic of the Help file.&amp;nbsp; Hopefully you would be able to create glossary entries that match the ones used in Shortkeys. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Thanks Brian.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Well I&#039;ve had weird problems with Shortkeys before - particularly relating to the Playback settings. I now have the Execution setting set to &quot;Use keyboard for all&quot;, but have had it set to &quot;Use clipboard for all&quot; in the past, and had problems with it inserting things that were in the clipboard, into my macros, which can be VERY embarrassing when emailing CLIENTS. I&#039;m no expert in the program. Maybe I can contact their Support, but I suspect that they might tell me the same thing.&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft