Community Discussions and Support
Is Pegasus marking my OUTGOING email as Spam???

[quote user="Euler GERMAN"][quote user="Melissa2011B"]

I just viewed the full code of the message, copied it to a WP page and searched for: <script

but found none.

The email only had a PDF file that the client attorney was sending me.

[/quote]

PDF files may have scripts inside (JavaScript), specially those with filling forms, and may be used to spread malware, etc.

[/quote]

Interesting. Well these are from legal clients - usually attorneys. And I used  Malwarebytes and  Windows Defender, both on all the time.

Thanks!

[quote user=&quot;Euler GERMAN&quot;][quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I just viewed the full code of the message, copied it to a WP page and searched for:&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;script&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;but found none.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;The email only had a PDF file that the client attorney was sending me.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;PDF files may have scripts inside (JavaScript), specially those with filling forms, and may be used to spread malware, etc. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Interesting. Well these are from legal clients - usually attorneys. And I used&amp;nbsp; Malwarebytes and&amp;nbsp; Windows Defender, both on all the time.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I looked at my out box of saved emails and found this, on a perfectly good email that I sent to a client:

Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: Contains JavaScript

What the...???? 
&lt;div&gt;I looked at my out box of saved emails and found this, on a perfectly good email that I sent to a client:&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: Contains JavaScript&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;What the...????&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: Contains JavaScript[/quote]

Melissa, please keep your eyes open: You apparently replied to a mail that had already been marked as SPAM before you replied to it. But there's something more to wonder about: Where does the "Re: Contains JavaScript" part come from? And how can you tell this mail is a "perfectly good email"? Did you check it for any <script ...></script> tags in its HTML part - if it has one?

NB: I would really prefer you to ask questions instead of blowing out in disgust, please can we agree on this?

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: Contains JavaScript[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Melissa, please keep your eyes open: You apparently replied to a mail that had already been marked as SPAM &lt;i&gt;before&lt;/i&gt; you replied to it. But there&#039;s something more to wonder about: Where does the &quot;Re: Contains JavaScript&quot; part come from? And how can you tell this mail is a &quot;perfectly good email&quot;? Did you check it for any &amp;lt;script ...&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/script&amp;gt; tags in its HTML part - if it has one?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;NB: I would really prefer you to ask questions instead of blowing out in disgust, please can we agree on this? &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I just viewed the full code of the message, copied it to a WP page and searched for: <script

but found none.

&lt;p&gt;I just viewed the full code of the message, copied it to a WP page and searched for:&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;script&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;but found none.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;The email only had a PDF file that the client attorney was sending me.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Melissa2011B"]

but found none.

[/quote]

PDF files may have scripts inside (JavaScript), specially those with filling forms, and may be used to spread malware, etc.

[quote user=&quot;Melissa2011B&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I just viewed the full code of the message, copied it to a WP page and searched for:&amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;script&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;but found none.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;The email only had a PDF file that the client attorney was sending me.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;PDF files may have scripts inside (JavaScript), specially those with filling forms, and may be used to spread malware, etc. &lt;/p&gt;

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft