Community Discussions and Support
Mercury on win 2019

[quote user="Invictus"]

Slightly embarrassing - permission settings included for LOCAL admin not Domain admin...all seems ace now.

Thanks for reading my post

[/quote]

[Y] 

[quote user="Invictus"]<p>Slightly embarrassing - permission settings included for LOCAL admin not Domain admin...all seems ace now.</p><p>Thanks for reading my post</p><p>G </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>[Y] </p>

Hello - I am testing Mercury on a soon to be new server running win 2019.

After standalone install I find that any configuration I make - new users, pop/imap config does not stick.

I've looked at permissions and all seems in order & I'm running as network admin.

I think I may have come across a similar problem about 15 years ago, when I last did a fresh install, but cannot remember how I overcome it .

I have seen some discussion on the topic from a number of years ago but nothing definitive .

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

<p>Hello - I am testing Mercury on a soon to be new server running win 2019.</p><p>After standalone install I find that any configuration I make - new users, pop/imap config does not stick.</p><p>I've looked at permissions and all seems in order & I'm running as network admin.</p><p>I think I may have come across a similar problem about 15 years ago, when I last did a fresh install, but cannot remember how I overcome it .</p><p>I have seen some discussion on the topic from a number of years ago but nothing definitive .</p><p>Any ideas welcome</p><p>Thanks</p><p>G </p>

What do you mean with "Windows 2019"? Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, ...?

But anyway. Did you install Mercury in a separate directory away from standard c:\programs with its Windows write restrictions? We've installed Mercury on a complete separate partition, away from Windows system drive.

Further, I've experienced that Mercury is often not taking over changed settings in case it is online. Set Mercury in offline mode, make your changes and turn it back to online mode.

<p>What do you mean with "Windows 2019"? Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, ...?</p><p>But anyway. Did you install Mercury in a separate directory away from standard c:\programs with its Windows write restrictions? We've installed Mercury on a complete separate partition, away from Windows system drive.</p><p>Further, I've experienced that Mercury is often not taking over changed settings in case it is online. Set Mercury in offline mode, make your changes and turn it back to online mode. </p>

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for your reply 

I thought win 2019 would be recognised as a server edition - I will be more precise in future

Mercury is installed straight off the root C:\Mercury.

The offline/online idea is interesting, but unfortunately seems to make no difference.

Thanks

<p>Hello Joerg,</p><p>Thanks for your reply </p><p>I thought win 2019 would be recognised as a server edition - I will be more precise in future</p><p>Mercury is installed straight off the root C:\Mercury.</p><p>The offline/online idea is interesting, but unfortunately seems to make no difference.</p><p>Thanks</p><p>G </p>

Slightly embarrassing - permission settings included for LOCAL admin not Domain admin...all seems ace now.

Thanks for reading my post

<p>Slightly embarrassing - permission settings included for LOCAL admin not Domain admin...all seems ace now.</p><p>Thanks for reading my post</p><p>G </p>

Installed at a server you have to take care how you start Mercury. We've installed it as a Windows service so that Mercury starts automatically on Windows Server reboot. But often you could not see the user interface of Mercury because this is assigned to "Windows session 0". And when logging-in you will get another Windows session other than session 0. And if you start Mercury manually, a second instance could be started which leads to strange behaviour and oddities.

Nevertheless we start Mercury still as a service to asure that the mailserver is always running, also when the server reboots and I'm out of office. But later I always stop the service manually and restart Mercury by the ordinary start menu entry to reach the user interface for settings and observing Mercury. Works fine so far. That's why another hint: check always that only one instance of Mercury is running. This could be done by Windows task manager.

<p>Installed at a server you have to take care how you start Mercury. We've installed it as a Windows service so that Mercury starts automatically on Windows Server reboot. But often you could not see the user interface of Mercury because this is assigned to "Windows session 0". And when logging-in you will get another Windows session other than session 0. And if you start Mercury manually, a second instance could be started which leads to strange behaviour and oddities.</p><p>Nevertheless we start Mercury still as a service to asure that the mailserver is always running, also when the server reboots and I'm out of office. But later I always stop the service manually and restart Mercury by the ordinary start menu entry to reach the user interface for settings and observing Mercury. Works fine so far. That's why another hint: check always that only one instance of Mercury is running. This could be done by Windows task manager. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft