Community Discussions and Support
Choosing sender email address

Well, got er done.  I can't say that it was a pleasant experience.  Its a good thing that I'm a teetotaler, or I would have drank this problem away.  As you said, it is just a matter of creating your Identities first and then creating the 'Internet options' for each later.  You have to remember to Become the identity you want the 'Internet options' to be associated with before trying to setup that.  If there is anything in the 'My Internet e-mail address is:' box, you have to replace it with the name you want to give the 'Internet options'.  This would be a good youtube demo project.

Thanks again.

<p>Well, got er done.  I can't say that it was a pleasant experience.  Its a good thing that I'm a teetotaler, or I would have drank this problem away.  As you said, it is just a matter of creating your Identities first and then creating the 'Internet options' for each later.  You have to remember to Become the identity you want the 'Internet options' to be associated with before trying to setup that.  If there is anything in the 'My Internet e-mail address is:' box, you have to replace it with the name you want to give the 'Internet options'.  This would be a good youtube demo project.</p><p>Thanks again. </p>

I need to send out emails to a particular company with a sender email address that is different than my default email address.  I set up two different pop and smtp records in the 'Internet options...' for my default email and the other email address.  I thought that if I put the same names in the Identities section, that all I would have to do is select the pop/smtp name I wanted, but is doesn't work that way.  Anyone know how to choose from several created pop/smtp internet option?  Thanks

<p>I need to send out emails to a particular company with a sender email address that is different than my default email address.  I set up two different pop and smtp records in the 'Internet options...' for my default email and the other email address.  I thought that if I put the same names in the Identities section, that all I would have to do is select the pop/smtp name I wanted, but is doesn't work that way.  Anyone know how to choose from several created pop/smtp internet option?  Thanks </p>

You need two identities.  Each identity can be configured to service it's associated POP3 and/or SMTP hosts if different or they can use the same one. 

You then need to "become" the identity you want to send as.  Be aware that most configurations settings are identity specific so when you create the new identity you must then "become" it and the go through all configuration settings.  

Identities are a challenging concept but very empowering once figured out so post back with specific questions once you get into this. 

If you need each identity to service a different hosted mailbox (different POP3 hosts) you will want to consider whether you want them to download into the same new mail folder.  If you want them separate, new mail filters and default folder identities become invaluable.

<p>You need two identities.  Each identity can be configured to service it's associated POP3 and/or SMTP hosts if different or they can use the same one.  </p><p>You then need to "become" the identity you want to send as.  Be aware that most configurations settings are identity specific so when you create the new identity you must then "become" it and the go through all configuration settings.   </p><p>Identities are a challenging concept but very empowering once figured out so post back with specific questions once you get into this.  </p><p>If you need each identity to service a different hosted mailbox (different POP3 hosts) you will want to consider whether you want them to download into the same new mail folder.  If you want them separate, new mail filters and default folder identities become invaluable.</p><p>  </p>

You need a different Identity. Though you can poll both accounts from one Identity (e.g. <Default>), if you need to make a particular setup it must be done from a different Identity. As most settings are the same I usually create a new one from the <Default> so I don't have type all those settings again, just minor adjustments. After that, click the Become button and "be" the New Identity. Only then you should create the Internet settings, that is, your new email address, POP and SMTP references.

If the messages to this company (and maybe others) are stored in a particular folder you can also assign that new Identity to that folder. If you do so, when replying to messages on that folder, no matter the Identity you are, that particular one will be used so you can be in <Default> but when replying to those folder's messages you'll be "New". In other words you don't have to change Identities just because you have to reply to a certain message as long you make this from the proper place (folder). HTH.

&lt;p&gt;You need a different Identity. Though you can poll both accounts from one Identity (e.g. &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt;), if you need to make a particular setup it must be done from a different Identity. As most settings are the same I usually create a new one from the &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; so I don&#039;t have type all those settings again, just minor adjustments. After that, click the Become button and &quot;be&quot; the New Identity. Only then you should create the Internet settings, that is, your new email address, POP and SMTP references.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If the messages to this company (and maybe others) are stored in a particular folder you can also assign that new Identity to that folder. If you do so, when replying to messages on that folder, no matter the Identity you are, that particular one will be used so you can be in &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; but when replying to those folder&#039;s messages you&#039;ll be &quot;New&quot;. In other words you don&#039;t have to change Identities just because you have to reply to a certain message as long you make this from the proper place (folder). HTH. &lt;/p&gt;

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

Thanks to both.  I think that I had this all setup before, but I just went through a computer crash and couldn't remember the process.  I'll try setting it up tomorrow and try to let you know.  The process is somewhat involved, but I think I understand what you are saying.

Thanks to both.&amp;nbsp; I think that I had this all setup before, but I just went through a computer crash and couldn&#039;t remember the process.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;ll try setting it up tomorrow and try to let you know.&amp;nbsp; The process is somewhat involved, but I think I understand what you are saying.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft