Community Discussions and Support
Save images from sent emails

I agree with you, an option for activating the saving of embedded images and attachments in copy-to-self would be nice. In Germany, all business related e-mails have to be treated and saved as business letters with a legal retention period of 6 years. But if parts of the business conversations are always missing ...

The workaround with BCC is not very practical from my point of view, since I have to move them manually to the Copy-to-self folder as soon as they appear again in my inbox so that they don't automatically move in my different inboxes on closing Pmail. Maybe this could be solved by filters. But further, when moved, they are showing the FROM address (my own address) and not the addressie where it has been sent to.

<p>I agree with you, an option for activating the saving of embedded images and attachments in copy-to-self would be nice. In Germany, all business related e-mails have to be treated and saved as business letters with a legal retention period of 6 years. But if parts of the business conversations are always missing ...</p><p>The workaround with BCC is not very practical from my point of view, since I have to move them manually to the Copy-to-self folder as soon as they appear again in my inbox so that they don't automatically move in my different inboxes on closing Pmail. Maybe this could be solved by filters. But further, when moved, they are showing the FROM address (my own address) and not the addressie where it has been sent to. </p>

If I send an email with an embedded image in it, the recipient of the email can see the image. However in the saved copy of the sent email the image is a greyed out square rather than the actual image that was sent. Is there any way in Pegasus Mail to save the image so that I can see if I open the saved email?

<p>If I send an email with an embedded image in it, the recipient of the email can see the image. However in the saved copy of the sent email the image is a greyed out square rather than the actual image that was sent. Is there any way in Pegasus Mail to save the image so that I can see if I open the saved email?</p><p> </p>

Send the message, with its attachment to yourself  The attachment should be a separate file, not an embedded image.

HTH

Martin 

<p>Send the message, with its attachment to yourself  The attachment should be a separate file, not an embedded image.</p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="MannieGross"]Is there any way in Pegasus Mail to save the image so that I can see if I open the saved email? [/quote]

The answer is no.  The workaround is as Martin suggested, to include yourself as a recipient, typically as a BCC..

<p>[quote user="MannieGross"]Is there any way in Pegasus Mail to save the image so that I can see if I open the saved email? [/quote]</p><p>The answer is no.  The workaround is as Martin suggested, to include yourself as a recipient, typically as a BCC.. </p>

Set up a Noticeboard to bcc to, I do that to check when/if I send/embed graphics (Xmas)

Set up a Noticeboard to bcc to, I do that to check when/if I send/embed graphics (Xmas)

Thank you all for your replies. I figured this would be the workaround. Pity. I think this is one area Pegasus Mail is deficient compared to say, Outlook, which I used at work.

Is there a way to automate putting yourself as a BCC on every sent email?

<p>Thank you all for your replies. I figured this would be the workaround. Pity. I think this is one area Pegasus Mail is deficient compared to say, Outlook, which I used at work. </p><p>Is there a way to automate putting yourself as a BCC on every sent email? </p>

Tools | Options | Outgoing Mail | Sending Mail | Permanent BCC

Tools | Options | Outgoing Mail | Sending Mail | Permanent BCC
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft