Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail with shared OneDrive mail folder SMTP question

I just have tried the above solution at home and it works. Regarding one drive syncing interference with Pegasus Mail i haven't noticed problems yet but since I started using this configuration couple days ago there is still time for issues to show. I always leave Pegasus Mail when I'm leaving office/home-office, that is I never leave Pegasus Mail running on computer I do not use currently.

Only issue I have had was Pegasus Mail twice crashing at office  without any obvious reason. However at home I haven't noticed such behavior (but there is important difference at office PMail is active for 7-8  hours in continuity, at home it is active intermittently when I read or send emails up to 1 hour max in continuity. 

<p>I just have tried the above solution at home and it works. Regarding one drive syncing interference with Pegasus Mail i haven't noticed problems yet but since I started using this configuration couple days ago there is still time for issues to show. I always leave Pegasus Mail when I'm leaving office/home-office, that is I never leave Pegasus Mail running on computer I do not use currently.</p><p>Only issue I have had was Pegasus Mail twice crashing at office  without any obvious reason. However at home I haven't noticed such behavior (but there is important difference at office PMail is active for 7-8  hours in continuity, at home it is active intermittently when I read or send emails up to 1 hour max in continuity.  </p>

Hello everybody,

I use Pegasus Mail on two Windows 10 Pro desktops, one at my office and the other at my home, both used for work (using laptop is not an option due to hardware requirements of my work). In order to avoid syncing emails sent and received at office and at home (“home-office”) I tried to move Pegasus Mail folder to OneDrive folder accessible to both desktops. More precisely I moved MAIL folder to OneDrive folder and then I have made directory junction (mklink /d MAIL X:/OneDrive/MAIL) in Pegasus Mail folder(s) (D:/Pmail/ at both desktops) pointing to shared MAIL folder.

Reading mail from multiple POP3 accounts works perfectly, received and sent mail folders are automatically synced between desktops (both are always on), etc. However, I have issue with SMTP. At work I have to use company SMTP server which is not accessible when I work from home (and I can not use VPN access to company network) and from home I use my ISP SMTP.

I have both SMTP servers defined in Internet options-->Sending (SMTP) and I change their order, or disable inappropriate smtp server, depending on current workplace. Sometimes I forget to change their order and then I have to retry sending after timeout and reconfiguration.

Is there any way to have different SMTP configuration in such shared setup, one for office and the other for “home office”?

I have also created two identities "office" and "home" with different  SMTP servers. When I "become" approriate identity SMTP server chages to right one, but is there a way to automate this process, that is to become appropriate identity depending on PC I have started Pegasus Mail on?

Edit: IMAP is not option for me!

<p>Hello everybody, I use Pegasus Mail on two Windows 10 Pro desktops, one at my office and the other at my home, both used for work (using laptop is not an option due to hardware requirements of my work). In order to avoid syncing emails sent and received at office and at home (“home-office”) I tried to move Pegasus Mail folder to OneDrive folder accessible to both desktops. More precisely I moved MAIL folder to OneDrive folder and then I have made directory junction (mklink /d MAIL X:/OneDrive/MAIL) in Pegasus Mail folder(s) (D:/Pmail/ at both desktops) pointing to shared MAIL folder. Reading mail from multiple POP3 accounts works perfectly, received and sent mail folders are automatically synced between desktops (both are always on), etc. However, I have issue with SMTP. At work I have to use company SMTP server which is not accessible when I work from home (and I can not use VPN access to company network) and from home I use my ISP SMTP. I have both SMTP servers defined in Internet options-->Sending (SMTP) and I change their order, or disable inappropriate smtp server, depending on current workplace. Sometimes I forget to change their order and then I have to retry sending after timeout and reconfiguration. Is there any way to have different SMTP configuration in such shared setup, one for office and the other for “home office”?</p><p> </p><p>I have also created two identities "office" and "home" with different  SMTP servers. When I "become" approriate identity SMTP server chages to right one, but is there a way to automate this process, that is to become appropriate identity depending on PC I have started Pegasus Mail on? </p><p> </p><p>Edit: IMAP is not option for me! </p>

I have found solution :).

I just added -ID home to Target section of shortcut I use to start Pegasus Mail and now I'm automatically in appropriate mode.

At work I will add -ID office and I hope that this will be solution.

<p>I have found solution :).</p><p>I just added <b>-ID home</b> to Target section of shortcut I use to start Pegasus Mail and now I'm automatically in appropriate mode.</p><p>At work I will add <b>-ID office</b> and I hope that this will be solution. </p>

[quote user="goranj"]Hello everybody,
I have also created two identities "office" and "home" with different 

SMTP servers. When I "become" approriate identity SMTP server chages to

right one, but is there a way to automate this process, that is to

become appropriate identity depending on PC I have started Pegasus Mail

on?[/quote]

You can start Pegasus Mail as a specific identity by adding the -I option to the shortcut (eg: C:\Pmail\winpm-32.exe -A -I identity_home and C:\Pmail\winpm-32.exe -A -I identity_work).

That said, I am surprised that OneDrive usage is working.  Syncing of any kind has notoriously created problems due to interference by the syncing process with the routine writing to configuration files by Pegasus Mail.

<p>[quote user="goranj"]Hello everybody, I have also created two identities "office" and "home" with different  SMTP servers. When I "become" approriate identity SMTP server chages to right one, but is there a way to automate this process, that is to become appropriate identity depending on PC I have started Pegasus Mail on?[/quote]</p>You can start Pegasus Mail as a specific identity by adding the -I option to the shortcut (eg: C:\Pmail\winpm-32.exe -A -I <i>identity_home</i> and C:\Pmail\winpm-32.exe -A -I <i>identity_work).</i><p>That said, I am surprised that OneDrive usage is working.  Syncing of any kind has notoriously created problems due to interference by the syncing process with the routine writing to configuration files by Pegasus Mail. </p>

Ooops!  Yes, the -ID option not the -I option (specifies the Pegasus Mail user to start up as).

Ooops!  Yes, the -ID option not the -I option (specifies the Pegasus Mail user to start up as).
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft