Community Discussions and Support
Email Forwarding problem with my new email address/domain

Option # 3 it is.... thanks everybody!

Cheers

Shawn

<p>Option # 3 it is.... thanks everybody!</p><p> </p><p>Cheers</p><p>   Shawn</p><p> </p>

Hi fellow Pegasus users.. I'm wondering if someone could kindly help with an email forwarding problem I've just run into. I've just recently switched ISP's and email forwarding with Pegasus always worked fine with my old ISP's email (domain @eastlink.ca). But now with my new ISP and email (domain @bellaliant.net), I get an error message from Pegasus and a "Mail Delivery Failure" bounceback email. 

Here's an example. I try to forward an email with the following headers to my Yahoo email address (using "Forward the messages without editing" mode in Pegasus):

To: xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net 

Subject: A Message from Amazon.ca Customer Service

Date sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:31:18 +0000

Send reply to: cs-reply+A2VRPP7SLTQDMQ@amazon.ca 

... and it immediately pops up an error window showing the trace and the error message:

>> 0018 250-XREMOTEQUEUE

>> 0010 250-ETRN

>> 0022 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN

>> 0022 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN

>> 0016 250-PIPELINING

>> 0009 250-DSN

>> 0014 250-8BITMIME

>> 0019 250 SIZE 78643200

<< 0012 AUTH LOGIN

>> 0018 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6

<< 0030 c2hhbGZAYmVsbGFsaWFudC5uZXQ=

>> 0018 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6

<< 0014 c2hhd24xMjM=

>> 0031 235 Authentication successful

<< 0045 MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net> SIZE=13746

>> 0066 250 Sender <xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net> and extensions (SIZE=13746) Ok

<< 0030 RCPT TO:<zzzzzz@yahoo.com>

>> 0039 250 Recipient <zzzzzz@yahoo.com> Ok

<< 0006 DATA

>> 0044 354 Ok Send data ending with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

>> 0065 553 You are not authorized to send mail as <cs-reply@amazon.ca> 

...Looks like Pegasus is trying to send the email from the "From" address of this original message (cs-reply@amazon.ca). Not sure why it would, I'm pretty sure I changed all the settings correctly in the "Internet Options" screen of Pegasus. 

Further, if I try the same forwarding again, but instead select mode "Edit or make changes to the messages before forwarding them", then the forwarding is successful ! Has anyone else ever ran into this situation?

I am using Pegasus Mail v4.62 (Win32), Aug 11 2011, Build 191 

Thanks!

Shawn Halfpenny

&lt;p&gt;Hi fellow Pegasus users.. I&#039;m wondering if someone could kindly help with an email forwarding problem I&#039;ve just run into. I&#039;ve just recently switched ISP&#039;s and email forwarding with Pegasus always worked fine with my old ISP&#039;s email (domain @eastlink.ca). But now with my new ISP and email (domain @bellaliant.net), I get an error message from Pegasus and a &quot;Mail Delivery Failure&quot; bounceback email.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Here&#039;s an example. I try to forward an email with the following headers to my Yahoo email address (using &quot;Forward the messages without editing&quot; mode in Pegasus):&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;From:&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;&quot;Amazon.ca Customer Service&quot; &amp;lt;cs-reply@amazon.ca&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;To:&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;Subject:&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;A Message from Amazon.ca Customer Service&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;Date sent:&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space:pre&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:31:18 +0000&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space: pre;&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;Send reply to:&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-tab-span&quot; style=&quot;white-space: pre;&quot;&gt; &lt;/span&gt;cs-reply+A2VRPP7SLTQDMQ@amazon.ca&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;... and it immediately pops up an error window showing the trace and the error message:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0018 250-XREMOTEQUEUE&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0010 250-ETRN&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0022 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0022 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0016 250-PIPELINING&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0009 250-DSN&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0014 250-8BITMIME&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0019 250 SIZE 78643200&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0012 AUTH LOGIN&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0018 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0030 c2hhbGZAYmVsbGFsaWFudC5uZXQ=&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0018 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0014 c2hhd24xMjM=&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0031 235 Authentication successful&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0045 MAIL FROM:&amp;lt;xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net&amp;gt; SIZE=13746&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0066 250 Sender &amp;lt;xxxxxxxx@bellaliant.net&amp;gt; and extensions (SIZE=13746) Ok&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0030 RCPT TO:&amp;lt;zzzzzz@yahoo.com&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0039 250 Recipient &amp;lt;zzzzzz@yahoo.com&amp;gt; Ok&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0006 DATA&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0044 354 Ok Send data ending with &amp;lt;CRLF&amp;gt;.&amp;lt;CRLF&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0065 553 You are not authorized to send mail as &amp;lt;cs-reply@amazon.ca&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;...Looks like Pegasus is trying to send the email from the &quot;From&quot; address of this original message (cs-reply@amazon.ca). Not sure why it would, I&#039;m pretty sure I changed all the settings correctly in the &quot;Internet Options&quot; screen of Pegasus.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Further, if I try the same forwarding again, but instead select mode &quot;Edit or make changes to the messages before forwarding them&quot;, then the forwarding is successful ! Has anyone else ever ran into this situation?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am using Pegasus Mail v4.62 (Win32), Aug 11 2011, Build 191&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;Thanks!&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Shawn Halfpenny&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Pmail offers different options when forwarding e-mails. And in case you forward it "without editing" your mail will be "bounced" only, means the original sender address will not be replaced with yours and the new recipient is thinking he is getting the mail directly from the original sender but not from you. But in practice "bouncing" should not the preferred method since this is confusing many users. Other email clients like Thunderbird do not offer such option when forwarding emails

Try to forward a mail with "editing before forwarding". In that case the original mail body will be copied into a new message with your sender's address used.

&lt;p&gt;Pmail offers different options when forwarding e-mails. And in case you forward it &quot;without editing&quot; your mail will be &quot;bounced&quot; only, means the original sender address will not be replaced with yours and the new recipient is thinking he is getting the mail directly from the original sender but not from you. But in practice &quot;bouncing&quot; should not the preferred method since this is confusing many users. Other email clients like Thunderbird do not offer such option when forwarding emails &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Try to forward a mail with &quot;editing before forwarding&quot;. In that case the original mail body will be copied into a new message with your sender&#039;s address used. &lt;/p&gt;

I have found that forwarding the e-mail as an attachment works best for me. This way I can make a comment to the person it is being forwarded to in the message body and then when they open the attachment:

1) If the message is 'rich text/HTML' will display properly 

2) will have the full headers allowing for Reply or Reply All to work correctly. 

&lt;p&gt;I have found that forwarding the e-mail as an attachment works best for me. This way I can make a comment to the person it is being forwarded to in the message body and then when they open the attachment:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1) If the message is &#039;rich text/HTML&#039; will display properly&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;2) will have the full headers allowing for Reply or Reply All to work correctly.&lt;/span&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Thank you both Joerq and Aderoy! I've done a little testing here on each of the 4 forwarding methods:

(1) "Edit or make changes...": This works okay, but when I open the message in my Yahoo email it does not display in HTML. Not a huge deal, cause all the original email content is still there.

(2) "Forward the messages without editing...": As mentioned, this one doesn't work, and Joerq's explanation why, of course makes sense. Just curious why this method always did work fine when I was back with my old eastlink.ca ISP. Could it be that the eastlink.ca smtp server was Port 25, and my new bellaliant.net smtp server port is now 2225? That's really the only config difference.

(3)  "Start a new message with the messages attached": This option seems to be the best. Opening the email in Yahoo displays everything in HTML - nice. Just have to remember to type something (anything) into the message body in Pegasus during the  forwarding process, lest it won't get through to Yahoo at all.

(4) "Create a MIME digest...": Opening this one up in Yahoo shows all the raw headers and HTML. Not really what I'm looking for. 

So it looks like I'll be able to survive with Option (3) ! heheheh. Thank you guys!

Cheers

Shawn

&lt;p&gt;Thank you both Joerq and Aderoy! I&#039;ve done a little testing here on each of the 4 forwarding methods:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(1) &quot;Edit or make changes...&quot;: This works okay, but when I open the message in my Yahoo email it does not display in HTML. Not a huge deal, cause all the original email content is still there.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(2) &quot;Forward the messages without editing...&quot;: As mentioned, this one doesn&#039;t work, and Joerq&#039;s explanation why, of course makes sense. Just curious why this method always did work fine when I was back with my old eastlink.ca ISP. Could it be that the eastlink.ca smtp server was Port 25, and my new bellaliant.net smtp server port is now 2225? That&#039;s really the only config difference.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;(3) &amp;nbsp;&quot;Start a new message with the messages attached&quot;: This option seems to be the best. Opening the email in Yahoo displays everything in HTML - nice. Just have to remember to type something (anything) into the message body in Pegasus during the &amp;nbsp;forwarding process, lest it won&#039;t get through to Yahoo at all.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(4) &quot;Create a MIME digest...&quot;: Opening this one up in Yahoo shows all the raw headers and HTML. Not really what I&#039;m looking for.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So it looks like I&#039;ll be able to survive with Option (3) ! heheheh. Thank you guys!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Cheers&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Shawn&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="shawnhalf"](2) "Forward the messages without editing...": As mentioned, this one doesn't work, and Joerq's explanation why, of course makes sense. Just curious why this method always did work fine when I was back with my old eastlink.ca ISP. Could it be that the eastlink.ca smtp server was Port 25, and my new bellaliant.net smtp server port is now 2225? That's really the only config difference. [/quote]

I once had an ISP that blocked any send in which the From: was not me.  That may be what is happening to you.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;shawnhalf&quot;](2) &quot;Forward the messages without editing...&quot;: As mentioned, this one doesn&#039;t work, and Joerq&#039;s explanation why, of course makes sense. Just curious why this method always did work fine when I was back with my old eastlink.ca ISP. Could it be that the eastlink.ca smtp server was Port 25, and my new bellaliant.net smtp server port is now 2225? That&#039;s really the only config difference. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I once had an ISP that blocked any send in which the From: was not me.&amp;nbsp; That may be what is happening to you. &lt;/p&gt;

That is why I am a convert to the forward as attachment. (option #3) from above.

That is why I am a convert to the forward as attachment. (option #3) from above.

[quote user="aderoy"]That is why I am a convert to the forward as attachment. (option #3) from above.[/quote]

I think this is best as well except that my iPhone recipients complain that they can't open the attachment.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;aderoy&quot;]That is why I am a convert to the forward as attachment. (option #3) from above.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I think this is best as well except that my iPhone recipients complain that they can&#039;t open the attachment. &lt;/p&gt;

Though it might seem a little unnecessary, I would suggest for Android/IPhone recipients, it would be best if you create a separate file with the "attachment" content and filetype, and simply add the attachment to your outgoing message. Add a text line to your message that states "see attached file".  Images (Jpg,Gif,Png), media (Mp3,Mp4,Pdf etc), and photos can be handled this way.

HTH

Martin

&lt;p&gt;Though it might seem a little unnecessary, I would suggest for Android/IPhone recipients, it would be best if you create a separate file with the &quot;attachment&quot; content and filetype, and simply add the attachment to your outgoing message. Add a text line to your message that states &quot;see attached file&quot;.&amp;nbsp; Images (Jpg,Gif,Png), media (Mp3,Mp4,Pdf etc), and photos can be handled this way.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;HTH&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft