Community Discussions and Support
Mercury Content Control doesn't work any longer

We are waiting for David to clarify what the expected behavior should be. 

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">We are waiting for David to clarify what the expected </span>behavior<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> should be. </span></p>

Beside some general rule sets also Content Control is activated with us with different testing sets. But already the first set is not working. Here the details:

This is our ssas.dat, situated at a subdirectory of Mercury where the correct path is added in the content control set

if subject contains "Inmarsat-C Ship Security" weight 51
if subject contains "SSAS Alert" weight 51
if subject contains "SSASALERT" weight 51
if subject contains "SSAS ALERT" weight 51
if subject contains "SHIP SECURITY ALERT" weight 51
if subject contains "Ship Security Test Message" weight 51
if subject contains "SSAS Test" weight 51

And this is the connected PNC file of Mercury:

Enabled = Y
ApplyTo = 2
SetName = SSAS Alerts
TriggerWeight = 49
Action = 2
Parameter = verteiler_ssas@<domain>.com
RuleFile = E:\Mercury\RESOURCE\ssas.dat
LBL_Size = 0
Order = 0
Flags = 1
End

Has anybody an idea why Mercury doesn't trigger when an e-mail with special subject comes? It should forward such mails to an external e-mail address.

&lt;p&gt;Beside some general rule sets also Content Control is activated with us with different testing sets. But already the first set is not working. Here the details:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is our ssas.dat, situated at a subdirectory of Mercury where the correct path is added in the content control set &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;if subject contains &quot;Inmarsat-C Ship Security&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;SSAS Alert&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;SSASALERT&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;SSAS ALERT&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;SHIP SECURITY ALERT&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;Ship Security Test Message&quot; weight 51 if subject contains &quot;SSAS Test&quot; weight 51&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And this is the connected PNC file of Mercury:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Enabled = Y ApplyTo = 2 SetName = SSAS Alerts TriggerWeight = 49 Action = 2 Parameter = verteiler_ssas@&lt;i&gt;&amp;lt;domain&amp;gt;&lt;/i&gt;.com RuleFile = E:\Mercury\RESOURCE\ssas.dat LBL_Size = 0 Order = 0 Flags = 1 End &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Has anybody an idea why Mercury doesn&#039;t trigger when an e-mail with special subject comes? It should forward such mails to an external e-mail address. &lt;/p&gt;

Is the problem that the rule fails to trigger or that the action fails? Try changing action to Add an identifying header and see if that works.

&lt;p&gt;Is the problem that the rule fails to trigger or that the action fails? Try changing action to Add an identifying header and see if that works.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Good idea Rolf. I will do so tomorrow. Just wondering that it worked in past and suddenly not longer. 

Good idea Rolf. I will do so tomorrow. Just wondering that it worked in past and suddenly not longer.&amp;nbsp;

Indeed. But then we will hopefully know where to dig further! 

&lt;p&gt;Indeed. But then we will hopefully know where to dig further!&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

Good Morning Rolf,

I found out what happens: When editing the Content Control Definition, there is a General Tab which contains the Content Control Definition Name and where this definition has to apply to:

- All mail

- Only mail originating locally

- Only messages originating from the internet

And "Only messages originating from the internet" was selected. Changing it to "All messages" let the content control triggering on my test mail as expected. But from my point of view it's a bug. I've sent my test mail from the internet with a complete different sender's domain to our local domain name. This should be handled as "originating from the internet", isn't it? All mails will be retrieved by MercuryD.

I remember that I experienced problems with this selection also in past and that's why set this always to "All mail". Don't know why I've set it now to "originating from the internet".

Greetings to Sweden

&lt;p&gt;Good Morning Rolf,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I found out what happens: When editing the Content Control Definition, there is a General Tab which contains the Content Control Definition Name and where this definition has to apply to:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;- All mail&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;- Only mail originating locally&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;- Only messages originating from the internet&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And &quot;Only messages originating from the internet&quot; was selected. Changing it to &quot;All messages&quot; let the content control triggering on my test mail as expected. But from my point of view it&#039;s a bug. I&#039;ve sent my test mail from the internet with a complete different sender&#039;s domain to our local domain name. This should be handled as &quot;originating from the internet&quot;, isn&#039;t it? All mails will be retrieved by MercuryD. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I remember that I experienced problems with this selection also in past and that&#039;s why set this always to &quot;All mail&quot;. Don&#039;t know why I&#039;ve set it now to &quot;originating from the internet&quot;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Greetings to Sweden &lt;/p&gt;

Hi Rolf,

Did you notice the reason why our content control set didn' work? Is it a bug or missunderstanding from my side?

&lt;p&gt;Hi Rolf, &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Did you notice the reason why our content control set didn&#039; work? Is it a bug or missunderstanding from my side? &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft