Community Discussions and Support
New Mail Folder - TWIN ZOMBIE EMAILS CANNOT BE KILLED!!!!

I was able to identify the two zombie files and remove them.

I had to reinstall PMAIL though since it locked up once I removed the files.

Virus scan showed buttkiss. 

Thank you for all your help!

<p>I was able to identify the two zombie files and remove them. </p><p>I had to reinstall PMAIL though since it locked up once I removed the files.</p><p> Virus scan showed buttkiss. </p><p> Thank you for all your help! </p>

Situation: I ported over my PMAIL files from a WIN 7 to a WIN 10 machine, installed PMAIL and was up and running, until the zombie emails showed up...

I have the following insanity occurring:

1. I cannot delete from my NEW MAIL folder two ZOMBIE emails.

a) They appear to be twins. 

b) They are NOT read only.

c) They appear to be the same message heading.

d) They have the following displayed when I open them:

"This message contains binary or non-textual data that cannot be previewed within Pegasus Mail.

Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ

You can work with this file in the message reader's 'Attachments' page."

e) They are not to be found in my PMAIL\MAIL directory on my WIN explorer.

2. The two ZOMBIES replicate themselves every 10 seconds or so, filling the NEW MAIL folder with copies of themselves unless I delete them and QUICKLY close the NM folder.

a) I can delete the replicated emails by selecting all of them and pressing the delete key, and quickly closing the NEW MAIL folder before replication occurs again. 

4. The copies of ZOMBIE emails STILL appear in the NEW MAIL folder after I press the delete key but they do not show when I reopen the NM Folder. 

5. When I do reopen the NM folder, the two twin zombie emails are still in the folder, minus the copies.  However, they start the insanity within 10 seconds or so

I see a few posts that complain about the similar situation BUT I do NOT see solutions.  

HELP!!!!!!

<p>Situation: I ported over my PMAIL files from a WIN 7 to a WIN 10 machine, installed PMAIL and was up and running, until the zombie emails showed up... </p><p>I have the following insanity occurring:</p><p>1. I cannot delete from my NEW MAIL folder two ZOMBIE emails. </p><p>   a) They appear to be twins.  </p><p>   b) They are NOT read only. </p><p>   c) They appear to be the same message heading. </p><p>   d) They have the following displayed when I open them:        "This message contains binary or non-textual data that cannot be previewed within Pegasus Mail.           Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ        You can work with this file in the message reader's 'Attachments' page."    e) They are not to be found in my PMAIL\MAIL directory on my WIN explorer. </p><p>2. The two ZOMBIES replicate themselves every 10 seconds or so, filling the NEW MAIL folder with copies of themselves unless I delete them and QUICKLY close the NM folder. </p><p>   a) I can delete the replicated emails by selecting all of them and pressing the delete key, and quickly closing the NEW MAIL folder before replication occurs again.  </p><p>4. The copies of ZOMBIE emails STILL appear in the NEW MAIL folder after I press the delete key but they do not show when I reopen the NM Folder.  </p><p>5. When I do reopen the NM folder, the two twin zombie emails are still in the folder, minus the copies.  However, they start the insanity within 10 seconds or so </p><p>I see a few posts that complain about the similar situation BUT I do NOT see solutions.   HELP!!!!!! </p>

My experience with Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ entries in the NMF is that they are ghost entries that disappear with a refresh of the NMF, as you've seen.  I have never seen them replicate though.  Have you done a Pegasus Mail restart?  A system restart?

Details on the procedure you used to port PMail to the Win10 machine might be helpful.

Insure that the current path for the PMail program files and the mailbox directories are not in one of the Win10 \Program Files directories.  The built-in file protections of Win10 on these locations won't let Pegasus Mail function correctly.

Insure the mailbox directory(ies) are excluded from active AV scanning.

<p>My experience with Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ entries in the NMF is that they are ghost entries that disappear with a refresh of the NMF, as you've seen.  I have never seen them replicate though.  Have you done a Pegasus Mail restart?  A system restart? Details on the procedure you used to port PMail to the Win10 machine might be helpful.</p><p>Insure that the current path for the PMail program files and the mailbox directories are not in one of the Win10 \Program Files directories.  The built-in file protections of Win10 on these locations won't let Pegasus Mail function correctly.</p><p>Insure the mailbox directory(ies) are excluded from active AV scanning. </p>

Shutdown Pegasus Mail,  then using Windows Explorer or equivalent identify the duplicate emails by subject or other criteria (ie Size and date). MOVE these files to a temp directory. Then restart Pegasus Mail. There should be no signs of your zombies.   If Zombies re-appear you most likely have enabled/opened a virus message.  Will likely start reproducing. You need to run a good anti-virus product to detect and destroy the initial problem message and its payload.

If you feel up to it, zip up the problem messages and mail the zip file to me (irelam17@telus.net). 

Good luck. 

<p>Shutdown Pegasus Mail,  then using Windows Explorer or equivalent identify the duplicate emails by subject or other criteria (ie Size and date). MOVE these files to a temp directory. Then restart Pegasus Mail. There should be no signs of your zombies.   If Zombies re-appear you most likely have enabled/opened a virus message.  Will likely start reproducing. You need to run a good anti-virus product to detect and destroy the initial problem message and its payload.</p><p>If you feel up to it, zip up the problem messages and mail the zip file to me (irelam17@telus.net). </p><p>Good luck. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft