Community Discussions and Support
emails deleted from pop account that is set up on gmail on phone

OK. If I got it right the app you're using is that provided by Google itself (that of the M icon over an envelope). If so, it is just a shortcut to the Gmail web interface. Try clicking the menu button and pick All mail. Most likely you'll find your deleted messages archived in this folder. Of course this depends on your current settings.

OK. If I got it right the app you're using is that provided by Google itself (that of the M icon over an envelope). If so, it is just a shortcut to the Gmail web interface. Try clicking the menu button and pick <u>All mail</u>. Most likely you'll find your deleted messages archived in this folder. Of course this depends on your current settings.

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I have gmail on my android phone set up as a pop account. My username begins with "recent:" as directed by Pegasus help. The gmail app is set to never delete from server. As expected, when emails are downloaded to Pegasus they are deleted from the server. So far, so good. The problem is, once they are deleted from the server they are also deleted from the gmail app on my phone.

In case it's important, the server is pop.mail.com and is part of my G suites service. I would also point out that I have Outlook set up exactly the same way on 3 windows computers and emails on Outlook are not deleted when they are deleted on the server.

<p>I have gmail on my android phone set up as a pop account. My username begins with "recent:" as directed by Pegasus help. The gmail app is set to never delete from server. As expected, when emails are downloaded to Pegasus they are deleted from the server. So far, so good. The problem is, once they are deleted from the server they are also deleted from the gmail app on my phone.</p><p>In case it's important, the server is pop.mail.com and is part of my G suites service. I would also point out that I have Outlook set up exactly the same way on 3 windows computers and emails on Outlook are not deleted when they are deleted on the server. </p>

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

What app do you use in you phone? If that provided by Google you are just using their Web application.

Depending on your Gmail settings these deleted messages were archived instead of deleted. Look if they are on account's All mail folder.

Finally, I think the best way to reach mail accounts from a mobile phone would be IMAP. It's a hunch. I don't do email by phone.

<p>What app do you use in you phone? If that provided by Google you are just using their Web application.</p><p>Depending on your Gmail settings these deleted messages were archived instead of deleted. Look if they are on account's <u>All mail</u> folder.</p><p>Finally, I think the best way to reach mail accounts from a mobile phone would be IMAP. It's a hunch. I don't do email by phone. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I appreciate your effort to help me with this problem. Since you don't do email on your mobile phone oh, I think it's difficult for you to appreciate what's happening. That said, Gmail on my phone is actually an app that comes with Android. I am not using the web app. Next, the behavior that is problematic is that, even though I have   set  up the Gmail app with a pop3 protocol, it behaves like anIMAP protocol.  finally, the deleted Emails are not archived although they are in the trash. What I want to happen is that they stay in my inbox until I delete them manually. That's the way Outlook desktop behaves.

I appreciate your effort to help me with this problem. Since you don't do email on your mobile phone oh, I think it's difficult for you to appreciate what's happening. That said, Gmail on my phone is actually an app that comes with Android. I am not using the web app. Next, the behavior that is problematic is that, even though I have   set  up the Gmail app with a pop3 protocol, it behaves like anIMAP protocol.  finally, the deleted Emails are not archived although they are in the trash. What I want to happen is that they stay in my inbox until I delete them manually. That's the way Outlook desktop behaves.

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

[quote user="lhhesscpa"]

I have gmail on my android phone set up as a pop account. My username begins with "recent:" as directed by Pegasus help. The gmail app is set to never delete from server. As expected, when emails are downloaded to Pegasus they are deleted from the server. So far, so good. The problem is, once they are deleted from the server they are also deleted from the gmail app on my phone. [/quote]

I believe your observation is correct that the android app is behaving like IMAP.  This would explain why the messages aren't available once deleted from the server.

You may not have any choice but to leave messages on the server to insure your android app always has access.

[quote user="lhhesscpa"]<p>I have gmail on my android phone set up as a pop account. My username begins with "recent:" as directed by Pegasus help. The gmail app is set to never delete from server. As expected, when emails are downloaded to Pegasus they are deleted from the server. So far, so good. The problem is, once they are deleted from the server they are also deleted from the gmail app on my phone. [/quote]</p><p>I believe your observation is correct that the android app is behaving like IMAP.  This would explain why the messages aren't available once deleted from the server. </p><p>You may not have any choice but to leave messages on the server to insure your android app always has access. </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft