Community Discussions and Support
deleting emails from inbox

I found out what the problem was. I had set the preferences to compact folders after deleting 24000 bytes. When I increased this to 2400000 bytes, the behaviour stopped and emails clear again in a flash when I delete them from my inbox.

I found out what the problem was. I had set the preferences to compact folders after deleting 24000 bytes. When I increased this to 2400000 bytes, the behaviour stopped and emails clear again in a flash when I delete them from my inbox.

I use Pegasus v4.41 on Windows XP pro.

When I delete emails from my inbox to my "deleted messages" folder, winpm-32.exe takes 99% of my cpu to make this happen. Moving emails from my inbox to any other tray is not a problem and doesn't result in heavy cpu action, but moving emails from my inbox to my deleted messages folder takes way too long. Deleting several emails (say between 5-10 regular emails, text messages without attachments) at once can result in being bogged down for 8-10 minutes at a time; obviously with that amount of cpu usage I can't do much else while waiting for the messages to clear so I only remove my emails now when I know I'll be away for 15 minutes at least.

This started happening when I exchanged Norton AV for NOD32, but it's not NOD that's taking up the cpu. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have also posted this at the NOD 32 forums but NOD32 is barely changing activity, whether cpu, VM or Mem Usage. If I receive a reply there, I will report it in this thread if it is relevant.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

<p>I use Pegasus v4.41 on Windows XP pro.</p><p>When I delete emails from my inbox to my "deleted messages" folder, winpm-32.exe takes 99% of my cpu to make this happen. Moving emails from my inbox to any other tray is not a problem and doesn't result in heavy cpu action, but moving emails from my inbox to my deleted messages folder takes way too long. Deleting several emails (say between 5-10 regular emails, text messages without attachments) at once can result in being bogged down for 8-10 minutes at a time; obviously with that amount of cpu usage I can't do much else while waiting for the messages to clear so I only remove my emails now when I know I'll be away for 15 minutes at least.</p><p> This started happening when I exchanged Norton AV for NOD32, but it's not NOD that's taking up the cpu. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have also posted this at the NOD 32 forums but NOD32 is barely changing activity, whether cpu, VM or Mem Usage. If I receive a reply there, I will report it in this thread if it is relevant.  </p><p>Thank you in advance for any suggestions. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft