Community Discussions and Support
Filtering Rule - attaching binary files possible?

[quote user="PaulW"]An empty from address of <> is valid and often sent from mailservers to prevent mailloops.[/quote]

But since 1st April not longer accepted by our ISP.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;PaulW&quot;]An empty&amp;nbsp;from address of &amp;lt;&amp;gt; is valid and often sent from mailservers to prevent mailloops.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But since 1st April not longer accepted by our ISP. &lt;/p&gt;

Since emails sent by our IPCamera are not longer accepted by our ISP, I try to find an alternative sending method.

Using Mercury filters I'm able to search for camera mails and extract/save the attachment. But now I would like to let Mercury automatically generate a new mail where the saved camera file of the former step will be attached. Unfortunately there is no filter action available which could pick up a binary file and attach it to a mail. Has anybody a clue?

Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:

Job MG123456: from: <> (local)

Where I have to define a correct sender's name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself?

&lt;p&gt;Since emails sent by our IPCamera are not longer accepted by our ISP, I try to find an alternative sending method.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Using Mercury filters I&#039;m able to search for camera mails and extract/save the attachment. But now I would like to let Mercury automatically generate a new mail where the saved camera file of the former step will be attached. Unfortunately there is no filter action available which could pick up a binary file and attach it to a mail. Has anybody a clue? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Job MG123456: from: &amp;lt;&amp;gt; (local) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Where I have to define a correct sender&#039;s name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself? &lt;/p&gt;

For years I used an old app called AutoMailer by DuoData (not to be confused with the mass mailer AutoMailer by Tension Software) to notify me of quarantined files.  The last version I am aware of is from 2010 but it still worked with Mercury.  The DuoData website is gone but here is part of the description from the version I have:

AutoMailer automatically dispatches files as e-mail attachments.
The files you want to send have to be stored in a single directory
on your hard drive. AutoMailer periodically polls that directory
and sends the files as to the criteria that you specified.

All you need is a TCP/IP connection to a standard (relaying) SMTP
mailserver. Most e-mail servers require authentication before
you are allowed to send (and relay) mail.
AutoMailer supports SMTP CRAM-MD5, SMTP LOGIN, SMTP PLAIN and
POP3 before SMTP authentication types.

If you are interested I can email it to you so that you don't have to try to find a safe place to download it from.

&lt;p&gt;For years I used an old app called AutoMailer by DuoData (not to be confused with the mass mailer AutoMailer by Tension Software) to notify me of quarantined files.&amp;nbsp; The last version I am aware of is from 2010 but it still worked with Mercury.&amp;nbsp; The DuoData website is gone but here is part of the description from the version I have:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;AutoMailer automatically dispatches files as e-mail attachments. The files you want to send have to be stored in a single directory on your hard drive. AutoMailer periodically polls that directory and sends the files as to the criteria that you specified. All you need is a TCP/IP connection to a standard (relaying) SMTP mailserver. Most e-mail servers require authentication before you are allowed to send (and relay) mail. AutoMailer supports SMTP CRAM-MD5, SMTP LOGIN, SMTP PLAIN and POP3 before SMTP authentication types. &lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you are interested I can email it to you so that you don&#039;t have to try to find a safe place to download it from. &lt;/p&gt;

Interesting. But I only would give it a try in case its a command line program without need to install it, because I don't want to install too many additional programs at our DC / File Server / Mail Server. But in case it could be directly called by Mercury filter rules ...

---

Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:

Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a

filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP

is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:

Where I have to define a correct sender's name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself?

Have you got an idea?

&lt;p&gt;Interesting. But I only would give it a try in case its a command line program without need to install it, because I don&#039;t want to install too many additional programs at our DC / File Server / Mail Server. But in case it could be directly called by Mercury filter rules ...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;--- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Job MG123456: from: &lt;b&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt; (local)&lt;/b&gt; &lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Where I have to define a correct sender&#039;s name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself?&lt;/i&gt;&lt;p&gt;Have you got an idea? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Joerg"]

Interesting. But I only would give it a try in case its a command line program without need to install it, because I don't want to install too many additional programs at our DC / File Server / Mail Server. But in case it could be directly called by Mercury filter rules ...[/quote]

No installation needed.  It runs in the background polling for new messages as configured.

[quote user="Joerg"]Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:

Have you got an idea?[/quote]

I don't have any ideas.  I'm actually surprised that Mercury is sending it instead of delivery it locally.  I hope to find the time to test to see if I can figure anything out but don't know when that might be. 

[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Interesting. But I only would give it a try in case its a command line program without need to install it, because I don&#039;t want to install too many additional programs at our DC / File Server / Mail Server. But in case it could be directly called by Mercury filter rules ...[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;No installation needed.&amp;nbsp; It runs in the background polling for new messages as configured. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Job MG123456: from: &lt;b&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt; (local)&lt;/b&gt; &lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Where I have to define a correct sender&#039;s name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself?&lt;/i&gt;&lt;p&gt;Have you got an idea?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I don&#039;t have any ideas.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;m actually surprised that Mercury is sending it instead of delivery it locally.&amp;nbsp; I hope to find the time to test to see if I can figure anything out but don&#039;t know when that might be.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]

For years I used an old app called AutoMailer by DuoData (not to be confused with the mass mailer AutoMailer by Tension Software) to notify me of quarantined files.  The last version I am aware of is from 2010 but it still worked with Mercury.  If you are interested I can email it to you so that you don't have to try to find a safe place to download it from.[/quote]

Thanks Brian. I've got an own simple CMD Mailer called BLAT. In the meantime I've got the Label running in that way, that the IP cam is saving the image always with the same name (overwriting the existing) and my cmd mailer is attaching the jpg file and sending it via Mercury. 

Saving the image works already and also manually starting the BLAT batch file works and Mercury is sending the mail out. But calling the blat batch by the Label still doesn't work:

Mercury Global Rules
If header "F" contains "ipcam1@domain.com" Call "IPCAM"
If header "F" contains "noreply@domain1.com" Copy "name1@domain.com"
If header "F" contains "jobiniton.de" Move "spam"
If size > 13000000 SendMessage "jm:E:\\Mercury\\RESOURCE\\MailSize.txt"
If size > 13000000 SendTextFile "E:\\Mercury\\RESOURCE\\attachment too big.txt"
If size > 13000000 Delete ""
If header "F" contains "spam@domain.com" Exit ""
If expression headers matches "X-SPAMHALTER: SPAM*" Move "spam"
Always Exit ""

Label "IPCAM"
If attachment ExtnPart contains "jpg" SaveAttmt "D:\\Logs\\IPCam\\ipcam.jpg"
Always Run "D:\\batch\\blat_ipcam.bat"
Always Return ""

Do I oversee anything when run a program from the Label? (see the bold line)

edit: changing the batch file name to 8.3 length doesn't take any effect.

[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]&lt;p&gt;For years I used an old app called AutoMailer by DuoData (not to be confused with the mass mailer AutoMailer by Tension Software) to notify me of quarantined files.&amp;nbsp; The last version I am aware of is from 2010 but it still worked with Mercury.&amp;nbsp; If you are interested I can email it to you so that you don&#039;t have to try to find a safe place to download it from.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks Brian. I&#039;ve got an own simple CMD Mailer called BLAT. In the meantime I&#039;ve got the Label running in that way, that the IP cam is saving the image always with the same name (overwriting the existing) and my cmd mailer is attaching the jpg file and sending it via Mercury.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Saving the image works already and also manually starting the BLAT batch file works and Mercury is sending the mail out. But calling the blat batch by the Label still doesn&#039;t work:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mercury Global Rules If header &quot;F&quot; contains &quot;ipcam1@&lt;i&gt;domain&lt;/i&gt;.com&quot; Call &quot;IPCAM&quot; If header &quot;F&quot; contains &quot;noreply@&lt;i&gt;domain1&lt;/i&gt;.com&quot; Copy &quot;name1@&lt;i&gt;domain&lt;/i&gt;.com&quot; If header &quot;F&quot; contains &quot;jobiniton.de&quot; Move &quot;spam&quot; If size &amp;gt; 13000000 SendMessage &quot;jm:E:\\Mercury\\RESOURCE\\MailSize.txt&quot; If size &amp;gt; 13000000 SendTextFile &quot;E:\\Mercury\\RESOURCE\\attachment too big.txt&quot; If size &amp;gt; 13000000 Delete &quot;&quot; If header &quot;F&quot; contains &quot;spam@&lt;i&gt;domain&lt;/i&gt;.com&quot; Exit &quot;&quot; If expression headers matches &quot;X-SPAMHALTER: SPAM*&quot; Move &quot;spam&quot; Always Exit &quot;&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Label &quot;IPCAM&quot; If attachment ExtnPart contains &quot;jpg&quot; SaveAttmt &quot;D:\\Logs\\IPCam\\ipcam.jpg&quot; &lt;b&gt;Always Run &quot;D:\\batch\\blat_ipcam.bat&quot;&lt;/b&gt; Always Return &quot;&quot; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Do I oversee anything when run a program from the Label? (see the bold line) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;edit: changing the batch file name to 8.3 length doesn&#039;t take any effect. &lt;/p&gt;

I got it running now. There were two bugs.

1. Missing path to my cmd mailer blat.exe within the batch file (Thought this variable was already added to my system environment). I discovered it by adding PAUSE to my batch file which keeps the cmd window opened on desktop where I could read the error message. [:$]

2. My "programming" caused to a nice mail loop since both the IPCam is always using its sender address and my cmd mailer was also using IPCam's sender address. And each time the filter triggers.

&lt;p&gt;I got it running now. There were two bugs. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1. Missing path to my cmd mailer blat.exe within the batch file (Thought this variable was already added to my system environment). I discovered it by adding PAUSE to my batch file which keeps the cmd window opened on desktop where I could read the error message. [:$]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;2. My &quot;programming&quot; caused to a nice mail loop since both the IPCam is always using its sender address and my cmd mailer was also using IPCam&#039;s sender address. And each time the filter triggers. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Joerg"]

Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:

Have you got an idea?[/quote]

Joerg,

This morning I had a chance to play with this.  My behavior is the same as yours.  One thing I thought about but didn't pursue is whether an entry in the synonym file would help.  The username of my postmaster is "Mercury" for which I do not have an entry in synonym.mer. 

[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Brian, did you read my other issue above as well:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Further, when Mercury is automatically sending an email triggered by a filter rule, the sender address (of Mercury) is missing so that our ISP is rejecting the mail. The Core Process State Window is showing:&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Job MG123456: from: &lt;b&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt; (local)&lt;/b&gt; &lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Where I have to define a correct sender&#039;s name for Mercury when generating automatic messages by itself?&lt;/i&gt;&lt;p&gt;Have you got an idea?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Joerg,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This morning I had a chance to play with this.&amp;nbsp; My behavior is the same as yours.&amp;nbsp; One thing I thought about but didn&#039;t pursue is whether an entry in the synonym file would help.&amp;nbsp; The username of my postmaster is &quot;Mercury&quot; for which I do not have an entry in synonym.mer.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]This morning I had a chance to play with this.  My behavior is the same as yours.  One thing I thought about but didn't pursue is whether an entry in the synonym file would help.  The username of my postmaster is "Mercury" for which I do not have an entry in synonym.mer. [/quote]

In Mercury Core Module Configuration my own email address (full style with domain, not only local user name) is added in "Username of Postmaster". But this is not taken as sender address when Mercury is sending mails by itself.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]This morning I had a chance to play with this.&amp;nbsp; My behavior is the same as yours.&amp;nbsp; One thing I thought about but didn&#039;t pursue is whether an entry in the synonym file would help.&amp;nbsp; The username of my postmaster is &quot;Mercury&quot; for which I do not have an entry in synonym.mer. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In Mercury Core Module Configuration my own email address (full style with domain, not only local user name) is added in &quot;Username of Postmaster&quot;. But this is not taken as sender address when Mercury is sending mails by itself. &lt;/p&gt;

What do you use in Core Module Configuration for "Internet name for this system"? Since years our domain "domain.com" is added there. But the manual says:

Internet name for this system
Enter here the Internet name for the machine on which Mercury is running. Mercury will use this information when forming certain addresses, such as the postmaster address. The name you enter here should be a fully-qualified domain name; if you are intending to use Mercury to provide mail services outside your immediate organization, the name you provide will need to be publicly defined in your Domain Name Server (DNS) system.

But we're using both a local domain name system with "domain.local" (used for our local Windows Domain Controller and local DNS) and an internet domain "domain.com" used for our website and e-mail addresses.

Maybe I should add here something like "server1@domain.com" or server1.domain.com. On the other hand our Mercury server is not reachable directly from the internet. Insofar an internet name should not be necessary, isn't it? [*-)]

&lt;p&gt;What do you use in Core Module Configuration for &quot;Internet name for this system&quot;? Since years our domain &quot;&lt;i&gt;domain.com&lt;/i&gt;&quot; is added there. But the manual says:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;Internet name for this system Enter here the Internet name for the machine on which Mercury is running. Mercury will use this information when forming certain addresses, such as the postmaster address. The name you enter here should be a fully-qualified domain name; if you are intending to use Mercury to provide mail services outside your immediate organization, the name you provide will need to be publicly defined in your Domain Name Server (DNS) system.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But we&#039;re using both a local domain name system with &quot;&lt;i&gt;domain.local&lt;/i&gt;&quot; (used for our local Windows Domain Controller and local DNS) and an internet domain &quot;&lt;i&gt;domain.com&lt;/i&gt;&quot; used for our website and e-mail addresses.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Maybe I should add here something like &quot;&lt;i&gt;server1@domain.com&lt;/i&gt;&quot; or server1.domain.com. On the other hand our Mercury server is not reachable directly from the internet. Insofar an internet name should not be necessary, isn&#039;t it? [*-)] &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Joerg"]What do you use in Core Module Configuration for "Internet name for this system"? Since years our domain "domain.com" is added there. But the manual says:[/quote]

domain.com

Out of curiosity I have done some additional tests with the filter action as "Send a mail message" and as "Send a binary file to originator".  I used the same .txt file and my zoho.com account for sending.

When filter action is "send mail message" I see <> in the core process window but the messages is delivered with a From: of "Mail System at domain.com". 

When filter action is "send binary..." I see postmaster@domain.com instead of <> in core process window and the message is delivered with a From: of "postmaster@domain.com".

I don't know why the behavior is different.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]What do you use in Core Module Configuration for &quot;Internet name for this system&quot;? Since years our domain &quot;&lt;i&gt;domain.com&lt;/i&gt;&quot; is added there. But the manual says:[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;domain.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Out of curiosity I have done some additional tests with the filter action as &quot;Send a mail message&quot; and as &quot;Send a binary file to originator&quot;.&amp;nbsp; I used the same .txt file and my zoho.com account for sending. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When filter action is &quot;send mail message&quot; I see &amp;lt;&amp;gt; in the core process window but the messages is delivered with a From: of &quot;Mail System at domain.com&quot;.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When filter action is &quot;send binary...&quot; I see postmaster@domain.com instead of &amp;lt;&amp;gt; in core process window and the message is delivered with a From: of &quot;postmaster@domain.com&quot;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I don&#039;t know why the behavior is different. &lt;/p&gt;

This must be a feature and not a bug [H]

Maybe someone from dev team is reading and could bring some light into it.

&lt;p&gt;This must be a feature and not a bug [H]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Maybe someone from dev team is reading and could bring some light into it. &lt;/p&gt;

An empty from address of <> is valid and often sent from mailservers to prevent mailloops.

An empty&amp;nbsp;from address of &amp;lt;&amp;gt; is valid and often sent from mailservers to prevent mailloops.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft