Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Pegasus Bugs?

[quote user="idw"]. But maybe I could create a convenience add-on for you (this isn't a joke!), but no promises with regard to time schedules!
[/quote]

Please don't bother, but thanks for the explanation. Earlier versions of Pegasus didn't have the Size column, but it appeared a few years after I suggested it. It would be nice if that field had useful info from the start, so perhaps that could become part of the script, to be added someday.

Think of this as a suggestion from a very satisfied long term user.

<p>[quote user="idw"]. But maybe I could create a convenience add-on for you (this isn't a joke!), but no promises with regard to time schedules! [/quote]</p><p>Please don't bother, but thanks for the explanation. Earlier versions of Pegasus didn't have the Size column, but it appeared a few years after I suggested it. It would be nice if that field had useful info from the start, so perhaps that could become part of the script, to be added someday.</p><p>Think of this as a suggestion from a very satisfied long term user. </p>

These are not so much suggestions as bug reports. My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

This is with Pegasus 4.72 under Win 7 (2 laptops) and Win 10 (2 desktops.) It may be relevant to mention that I don't keep my Pegasus mail folders in the default location, but this has not caused any other problems. Both of these are long term bugs that have persisted over many versions of Pegasus.

In the Queue Manager, each of my messages is shown to have a size of 0.0, regardless of the size of the message or the attachments. The sizes of incoming mail seems to work perfectly.

My forwarded messages don't show up in Queue Manager unless I close and reopen it. Forwarded messages get forwarded perfectly even though they don't show.

Any chance these have been fixed in 4.73?

thanks for listening,

<p>These are not so much suggestions as bug reports. My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.</p><p>This is with Pegasus 4.72 under Win 7 (2 laptops) and Win 10 (2 desktops.) It may be relevant to mention that I don't keep my Pegasus mail folders in the default location, but this has not caused any other problems. Both of these are long term bugs that have persisted over many versions of Pegasus. </p><p>In the Queue Manager, each of my messages is shown to have a size of 0.0, regardless of the size of the message or the attachments. The sizes of incoming mail seems to work perfectly. </p><p>My forwarded messages don't show up in Queue Manager unless I close and reopen it. Forwarded messages get forwarded perfectly even though they don't show.</p><p>Any chance these have been fixed in 4.73? </p><p>thanks for listening,</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="Jim Adney"]In the Queue Manager, each of my messages is shown to have a size of 0.0, regardless of the size of the message or the attachments. The sizes of incoming mail seems to work perfectly.[/quote]

Technically this isn't a bug since what Pegasus Mail keeps in the Queue Manager aren't usually "final form" messages, they are only scripts which are actually less than 1 KB in size and show 0.2 k in my case, e.g.. I just checked again with a message only having my signature as text content. This looks quite differently with so called "final form" messages like Pegasus Mail creates if forwarding a message in "bounce" mode: In such cases you'll find it as a "final form" message in the Queue Manager which has it's "real" message size like shown on the recipient's side (technically it will nevertheless be larger there due to the extra headers added by intermediate transport agents).

[quote user="Jim Adney"]My forwarded messages don't show up in Queue Manager unless I close and reopen it. Forwarded messages get forwarded perfectly even though they don't show.[/quote]

Yes, if  keeping the Queue Manager always open it won't refresh it's display and you can't trigger this manually either (like pressing F5). I wouldn't call this a bug, though, but an inconvenience. There are far more important issues to work on - taking David Harris' workload into account - than this. But maybe I could create a convenience add-on for you (this isn't a joke!), but no promises with regard to time schedules!

<p>[quote user="Jim Adney"]In the Queue Manager, each of my messages is shown to have a size of 0.0, regardless of the size of the message or the attachments. The sizes of incoming mail seems to work perfectly.[/quote]</p><p>Technically this isn't a bug since what Pegasus Mail keeps in the Queue Manager aren't usually "final form" messages, they are only scripts which are actually less than 1 KB in size and show 0.2 k in my case, e.g.. I just checked again with a message only having my signature as text content. This looks quite differently with so called "final form" messages like Pegasus Mail creates if forwarding a message in "bounce" mode: In such cases you'll find it as a "final form" message in the Queue Manager which has it's "real" message size like shown on the recipient's side (technically it will nevertheless be larger there due to the extra headers added by intermediate transport agents). </p><p> [quote user="Jim Adney"]My forwarded messages don't show up in Queue Manager unless I close and reopen it. Forwarded messages get forwarded perfectly even though they don't show.[/quote]</p><p>Yes, if  keeping the Queue Manager always open it won't refresh it's display and you can't trigger this manually either (like pressing F5). I wouldn't call this a bug, though, but an inconvenience. There are far more important issues to work on - taking David Harris' workload into account - than this. But maybe I could create a convenience add-on for you (this isn't a joke!), but no promises with regard to time schedules! </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft