Community Discussions and Support
New error can't figure out

[quote user="battles"]I am thinking that there may be a flaw in Pegasus in that when there is no 'Default identity', the program will not go on to check any of the other identities. 
[/quote]

I don't believe that is the case although I don't have any installations that don't have a default identity.  I don't use the default identity though, always using the -id command line option to open as the specified identity.  Mail checks work as configured.  Are you using the -id command line option?  If not, when you started Pegasus Mail were you immediately setting the identity that you wanted to work as?  My thinking is that Pegasus Mail didn't have any instructions to follow for downloading mail if an identity wasn't set.

<p>[quote user="battles"]I am thinking that there may be a flaw in Pegasus in that when there is no 'Default identity', the program will not go on to check any of the other identities.  [/quote]</p><p>I don't believe that is the case although I don't have any installations that don't have a default identity.  I don't use the default identity though, always using the -id command line option to open as the specified identity.  Mail checks work as configured.  Are you using the -id command line option?  If not, when you started Pegasus Mail were you immediately setting the identity that you wanted to work as?  My thinking is that Pegasus Mail didn't have any instructions to follow for downloading mail if an identity wasn't set. </p>

SNTP Send Mail error

You do not have an active SMTP definition for sending
mail via the Internet, so no action can be taken.

To define an SMTP definition so you can send mail,
please select 'lnternet options‘ from the 'Tools‘ menu
and create one on the 'Sending [SMTP]' page.

I have 3 mail addresses setup independently.  They all have POP and SMTP setup.  I didn't setup a default before creating them.  Later I created a default mail and started getting this message.  I didn't have problems sending mail with the 3 independent before creating the default.  I created the default because Pegasus would not check the mail automatically upon start without it.

Thank

<p>SNTP Send Mail error</p><p> You do not have an active SMTP definition for sending mail via the Internet, so no action can be taken.</p><p> To define an SMTP definition so you can send mail, please select 'lnternet options‘ from the 'Tools‘ menu and create one on the 'Sending [SMTP]' page.</p><p> I have 3 mail addresses setup independently.  They all have POP and SMTP setup.  I didn't setup a default before creating them.  Later I created a default mail and started getting this message.  I didn't have problems sending mail with the 3 independent before creating the default.  I created the default because Pegasus would not check the mail automatically upon start without it.</p><p> </p><p>Thank </p>

Well, already figured it out.  The default setup didn't have an SMTP record.  It sent after I removed the POP record.  It would be nice if Pegasus would check the mail upon start up without a Default address.  As it is now, you have to select one of the other email addresses before it will check.

Well, already figured it out.  The default setup didn't have an SMTP record.  It sent after I removed the POP record.  It would be nice if Pegasus would check the mail upon start up without a Default address.  As it is now, you have to select one of the other email addresses before it will check.

I am assuming when you say "Default address" that you are talking about the Default identity.  Pegasus Mail allows for very granular control over which identities automatically check for new mail and whether the identity also checks for mail of other identities.  Those settings are in the Receiving (POP3) tab of Internet Options. These settings are identity specific.  If you want mail checked on startup and regularly thereafter set the polling controls appropriately in each identity.  From there you set the "Checking multiple identities" as appropriate for each identity.

I am assuming when you say "Default address" that you are talking about the Default identity.  Pegasus Mail allows for very granular control over which identities automatically check for new mail and whether the identity also checks for mail of other identities.  Those settings are in the Receiving (POP3) tab of Internet Options. These settings are identity specific.  If you want mail checked on startup and regularly thereafter set the polling controls appropriately in each identity.  From there you set the "Checking multiple identities" as appropriate for each identity.

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]I am assuming when you say "Default address" that you are talking about the Default identity.  Pegasus Mail allows for very granular control over which identities automatically check for new mail and whether the identity also checks for mail of other identities.  Those settings are in the Receiving (POP3) tab of Internet Options. These settings are identity specific.  If you want mail checked on startup and regularly thereafter set the polling controls appropriately in each identity.  From there you set the "Checking multiple identities" as appropriate for each identity.
[/quote]

Yes,  I meant 'Default identity'.  I am thinking that there may be a flaw in Pegasus in that when there is no 'Default identity', the program will not go on to check any of the other identities. 

<p>[quote user="Brian Fluet"]I am assuming when you say "Default address" that you are talking about the Default identity.  Pegasus Mail allows for very granular control over which identities automatically check for new mail and whether the identity also checks for mail of other identities.  Those settings are in the Receiving (POP3) tab of Internet Options. These settings are identity specific.  If you want mail checked on startup and regularly thereafter set the polling controls appropriately in each identity.  From there you set the "Checking multiple identities" as appropriate for each identity. [/quote]</p><p> Yes,  I meant 'Default identity'.  I am thinking that there may be a flaw in Pegasus in that when there is no 'Default identity', the program will not go on to check any of the other identities.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft