Community Discussions and Support
POP3 and Yahoo / Verizon suddenly no good

Ha!

Okeydoke, that's fixed it.

I'd had a good look around and had found the advice on updating libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll, but hadn't found any suggestion of there being a 'recent' update (i.e. in fact back in May 2018), and I didn't find the thread you referenced.

Anyway, the "Always try the most recent version before asking the support" is a lesson learned. I suppose I've just gotten used to Pegasus working year in year out - and to having programs notifying me of yet another update every few days - so didn't think of this.

So, just 162 backlogged messages to sift through for actual content (and that's the main reason why I've stayed with Pegasus: being able to delete stuff on the server rather than after it has landed in my inbox).

Thanks again!

<p>Ha!</p><p>Okeydoke, that's fixed it.</p><p>I'd had a good look around and had found the advice on updating libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll, but hadn't found any suggestion of there being a 'recent' update (i.e. in fact back in May 2018), and I didn't find <a mce_href="/forums/2/52489/ShowThread.aspx" target="_blank" href="/forums/2/52489/ShowThread.aspx">the thread you referenced</a>. </p><p>Anyway, the "Always try the most recent version before asking the support" is a lesson learned. I suppose I've just gotten used to Pegasus working year in year out - and to having programs notifying me of yet another update every few days - so didn't think of this.</p><p>So, just 162 backlogged messages to sift through for actual content (and that's the main reason why I've stayed with Pegasus: being able to delete stuff on the server rather than after it has landed in my inbox).</p><p>Thanks again! </p><p> </p>

I've been using Pegasus to download email from my Yahoo account for years. Today it stopped with this error message:

17:51:48.603: --- 13 May 2020, 17:51:48.603 ---
17:51:48.603: Connect to 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', timeout 15 seconds.
17:51:49.693: [!] OpenSSL reported errors during handshake - error queue follows:
17:51:49.693: [!] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
17:51:49.693: [!] error:1411B041:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_NEW_SESSION_TICKET:malloc failure
17:51:49.693: [!] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only difference I can find is that Yahoo is now owned by Verizon (who really like leaving cookies if you want to log on via the Web).

I tried updating my Server host name to: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
Other settings remain as before, when it was working:
TCP/IP port 995, and Via direct SSL connect

Any bright ideas?

<p>I've been using Pegasus to download email from my Yahoo account for years. Today it stopped with this error message:</p><p>17:51:48.603: --- 13 May 2020, 17:51:48.603 --- 17:51:48.603: Connect to 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', timeout 15 seconds. 17:51:49.693: [!] OpenSSL reported errors during handshake - error queue follows: 17:51:49.693: [!] ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17:51:49.693: [!] error:1411B041:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_NEW_SESSION_TICKET:malloc failure 17:51:49.693: [!] -------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p>The only difference I can find is that Yahoo is now owned by Verizon (who really like leaving cookies if you want to log on via the Web).</p><p>I tried updating my Server host name to: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net Other settings remain as before, when it was working: TCP/IP port 995, and Via direct SSL connect</p><p> Any bright ideas? </p>

[quote user="LongTermUser"] Any bright ideas?[/quote]

Same error, same solution, see this pretty recent thread. As a very common internet rule of thumb says: Always try the most recent version before asking the support [;)] The download page can be found here.

<p>[quote user="LongTermUser"] Any bright ideas?[/quote]</p><p>Same error, same solution, see this <a mce_href="/forums/thread/52489.aspx" target="_blank" href="/forums/thread/52489.aspx">pretty recent thread</a>. As a very common internet rule of thumb says: Always try the most recent version before asking the support [;)] The download page can be found <a mce_href="http://www.pmail.com/v47x.htm" target="_blank" href="http://www.pmail.com/v47x.htm">here</a>. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft