Community Discussions and Support
How to configure same name on different domain for differnet users?

[quote user="aka_bigred"]

I'm trying to figure out how to configure M32 to use the same name, say admin but for different users on different domains.  I want to have 3 users named "admin" - each one a unique user/mailbox on each domain.  Here's my example:

admin@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

admin@myotherdomain.com --> John Smith's Mailbox

admin@onelastdomain.com --> Jane Smith's Mailbox 

If I understand the documentation correctly, M32 is setup so that all users are automatically setup with same account across all domains.  When I setup the local user "admin", I get:

admin@myotherdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

admin@onelastdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

How can I setup M32 for the first scenario with the same external username across multiple domains but different users. ? 

[/quote]

You need to use aliases.  Create three users admin, admin2, and admin3.  You then alias admin@myother domain.com to admin2@myotherdomain.com and admin@mylastdomain.com to admin3@myotherdomain,com

You can also make these usernames something like admin_dom1 is you wish to make them more specific to the domain.

[quote user="aka_bigred"]<p>I'm trying to figure out how to configure M32 to use the same name, say admin but for different users on different domains.  I want to have 3 users named "admin" - each one a unique user/mailbox on each domain.  Here's my example: </p><p>    admin@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@myotherdomain.com --> John Smith's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@onelastdomain.com --> Jane Smith's Mailbox </p><p> If I understand the documentation correctly, M32 is setup so that all users are automatically setup with same account across all domains.  When I setup the local user "admin", I get: </p><p>    admin@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@myotherdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@onelastdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p> </p><p>How can I setup M32 for the first scenario with the same external username across multiple domains but different users. ? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You need to use aliases.  Create three users admin, admin2, and admin3.  You then alias admin@myother domain.com to admin2@myotherdomain.com and admin@mylastdomain.com to admin3@myotherdomain,com</p><p> You can also make these usernames something like admin_dom1 is you wish to make them more specific to the domain. </p><p> </p>

I'm trying to figure out how to configure M32 to use the same name, say admin but for different users on different domains.  I want to have 3 users named "admin" - each one a unique user/mailbox on each domain.  Here's my example:

admin@myotherdomain.com --> John Smith's Mailbox

admin@onelastdomain.com --> Jane Smith's Mailbox 

If I understand the documentation correctly, M32 is setup so that all users are automatically setup with same account across all domains.  When I setup the local user "admin", I get:

admin@myotherdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

admin@onelastdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

How can I setup M32 for the first scenario with the same external username across multiple domains but different users. ? 

<p>I'm trying to figure out how to configure M32 to use the same name, say admin but for different users on different domains.  I want to have 3 users named "admin" - each one a unique user/mailbox on each domain.  Here's my example: </p><p>    admin@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@myotherdomain.com --> John Smith's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@onelastdomain.com --> Jane Smith's Mailbox </p><p> If I understand the documentation correctly, M32 is setup so that all users are automatically setup with same account across all domains.  When I setup the local user "admin", I get: </p><p>    admin@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@myotherdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    admin@onelastdomain.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p> </p><p>How can I setup M32 for the first scenario with the same external username across multiple domains but different users. ? </p>

I'm also looking at a slight variation - have a user setup on only selected domains, and not all of them.

TomJones@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox

TomJones@myotherdomain.com --> 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

<p>I'm also looking at a slight variation - have a user setup on only selected domains, and not all of them.</p><p>    TomJones@mydomain1.com --> Tom Jone's Mailbox</p><p>    TomJones@myotherdomain.com --> 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft