Community Discussions and Support
Wrong 'date received' for some mails

We would need something to work with to try to figure it out, like a CNM file and a screen dump how the date displays in the email client. If you prefer not to post it here I can give you an email address to send it to.

<p>We would need something to work with to try to figure it out, like a CNM file and a screen dump how the date displays in the email client. If you prefer not to post it here I can give you an email address to send it to.</p><p> </p>

Since a few weeks I experience a very odd problem, which I find difficult to diagnose.
Every day I send an email to one of Mercury's mailinglists. But suddenly I didn't see them in my Inbox anymore; several others complained too. After some wild goose chases, I did find them in my inbox, but with a wildly wrong 'date received', e.g. jan. 12 instead of may 12.
Here are some more details which may or may not be relevant:
- The problem only occurs for <local> adresses, and only with an IMAP account. Outside adresses on the mailinglist have no such trouble and neither have <local> addresses using POP.
- I don't think the email-client is at fault: it's the same for several different IMAP-clients, on desktop or smartphone. Smartphone apps tend to 'keep' emails only for a month or so, which means these emails are not downloaded at all.  
- The 'wrong dates' seem to be not totally random but always 4 months back, e.g. Jan 10th instead of May 10th, Jan 11th instead of May 11th, etc. In fact, it may be the trouble started May 1st.
- Checking the CNM-files in Mercury's MAIL directoiries shows the files are present and, opening them with Notepad, I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

It's a big nuisance for my <local> users and I am at a complete loss as to how this can be explained let alone remedied. Thanks for any help!

Mabel

&lt;p&gt;Since a few weeks I experience a very odd problem, which I find difficult to diagnose. Every day I send an email to one of Mercury&#039;s mailinglists. But suddenly I didn&#039;t see them in my Inbox anymore; several others complained too. After some wild goose chases, I did find them in my inbox, but with a wildly wrong &#039;date received&#039;, e.g. jan. 12 instead of may 12. Here are some more details which may or may not be relevant: - The problem only occurs for &amp;lt;local&amp;gt; adresses, and only with an IMAP account. Outside adresses on the mailinglist have no such trouble and neither have &amp;lt;local&amp;gt; addresses using POP. - I don&#039;t think the email-client is at fault: it&#039;s the same for several different IMAP-clients, on desktop or smartphone. Smartphone apps tend to &#039;keep&#039; emails only for a month or so, which means these emails are not downloaded at all. &amp;nbsp; - The &#039;wrong dates&#039; seem to be not totally random but always 4 months back, e.g. Jan 10th instead of May 10th, Jan 11th instead of May 11th, etc. In fact, it may be the trouble started May 1st. - Checking the CNM-files in Mercury&#039;s MAIL directoiries shows the files are present and, opening them with Notepad, I can&#039;t see anything out of the ordinary. It&#039;s a big nuisance for my &amp;lt;local&amp;gt; users and I am at a complete loss as to how this can be explained let alone remedied. Thanks for any help! &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mabel &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft